main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Evasion - NJO - Completed - April 29, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Nov 17, 2002.

1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    *confetti that's specialler than lordmaul's*

How *did* I know something like that was coming.

ROGUE_49

Feel free to aim your dumb thoughts at me anytime. :p

I mean really, we were talking about Bob and his horrific outfits earlier. (At least I think it was this thread...

lordmaul13

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i look fwd to it!!!

3. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    How *did* I know something like that was coming.

I *swear* I don't know... [face_mischief] [face_mischief] :p

4. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    You only BELIEVE the topic for tonight is K/J/J? After all the speculation, and innuendo we've been having? I hope you jest!

5. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    This post was written for Rogue and NJ. ;)

Chapter Fifteen, Post Three

?That was the most beautiful wedding I?ve ever been to,? a dignitary gushed.

?Thank you.? Jaina forced a smile. There were pluses and minuses about being the daughter of Leia Organa. Having the money to have a big wedding was a plus. Having people she?d never met show up at her wedding because it was good for relations between the reformed New Republic and the other ruling factions of the galaxy?definitely a minus.

?You going to let her keep flying?? The dignitary turned to the man beside Jaina, obviously trying to pretend like she belonged at the wedding and she wasn't just another politician.

He shrugged, ?She was just asked to be Rogue Squadron?s executive officer. She?d kill me if I tried to stop her.?

Jaina grinned. ?I wouldn?t kill you. I?d just torture you until you learned that it?s impossible to tell me what to do.?

Another politician shook her hand, and Jaina put on a phony smile as she tried to see if there was anyone interesting coming along soon. There. There was Wedge Antilles, near the back with his family. She spotted a few of the pilots from Twin Suns who had survived the war. They were now back with their normal squadrons?

Jaina felt Jag nudge her, pulling her back to what she was doing. She caught his eye and winked, causing him to give her a smile. She squeezed his hand one more time before dropping it and turning to the next person in line.

?Congratulations, you. You finally did it,? Kyp Durron gave her a hug.

Jaina laughed. ?The past five years have definitely been interesting.? She kissed his cheek. ?Thanks for coming, Kyp. I know you aren?t a fan of weddings.?

The Jedi Master shrugged. ?I make exceptions for important ones.?

Jaina frowned, ?Then why are you here??

Kyp shrugged, ?I honestly don?t know.? He shook his head. ?I still can?t believe all the people who are here.?

?My mother made the guest list.? She rolled her eyes. ?What did you expect? I swear, she wanted my wedding to be even more spectacular than hers.?

?You?re her only daughter,? Jag pointed out.

?Hey! You?re supposed to be on my side, now.? Jaina pouted.

Jag kissed her cheek. ?I am.?

Everyone turned towards the door as the soft post wedding chatter was interrupted by a loud voice outside.

?No, damn it! I need to get into this church,? A woman exclaimed loudly behind the doors.

?Ma?am, you need to have an invitation??

?Well I had one before I left it in the cab! Look, I just want to go inside! My friend?s getting married.?

?The wedding?s over?? There was a pause, then the security guard spoke again. ?Hey, you can?t go in there!?

?Watch me.?

?That has to be one of your friends,? Jag murmured.

?What, you don?t have friends who curse at security guards?? Jaina asked.

?Well?no.?

Kyp snickered.

?Damn! It?s over.? The woman who?d argued with the security guard moments before entered the church. She noticed everyone was looking at her and shrugged. ?What?? She turned to her friend as if interrupting everyone and cursing in a church were everyday occurrences. ?Jaina, you look so gorgeous.?

Jaina laughed. ?Anja, I?m glad you made it.?

?Hey, I wasn?t going to miss this. I don?t have many good friends, and I make sure I?m there for them.? She shrugged sheepishly, ?Although I was a little late.?

?A little?? Kyp muttered.

Jaina turned to him. ?Kyp, do you know Anja? We were friends when we were younger.? She shot him a look.

?No, I don?t think we?ve ever had the chance to meet.? Kyp shook his head. He extended a hand. ?Kyp Durron.?

The woman shook it. ?Anja Gallendro.?

?Why do I have the feeling that one of them will kill the other before the end of this conversation?? Jag muttered.

?Who?s killing who?? Sharr was next in line.

Kyp rolled his eyes. "That's Sharr. You might want to stay away from him."

Anja shook her head. "Jaina always did have strange friends."

6. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    awwww....that was so cute! how much do you wanna bet that kyp and anja will eventually hook up?

-JSD

7. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JSD, that's an open question. You can decide whatever you wish about it. :p But thanks so much.

~Inyri

8. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehehe, if you ever do a sequel, you need to feature the moment where Anja slaps Kyp. [face_devil] It happens enough in my story to show all the slaps in conjunction with an upbeat classical music piece. ;) Well, maybe not only Anja, but Kyp gets smacked around a lot. . .

Very sweet that Jag and Jaina waited so long. With all that planning by her mother, I'm not surprised! [face_laugh]

And only one more post!? :(

Jae Angel

9. adumaricape

adumaricape Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    That's big wedding receptions alright. Lot's of people you don't know, asking the same questions over and over. Smiling and being polite, while your feet are killing you.

I'm glad that Jaina and Jag made it to the altar.

Nice little bit of foreshadowing with Kyp and Anja.

That Sharr is quite the wit "Has she slugged him yet?" that was funny.

Jaina's mom may have planned it, but I bet Han is hiding behind a pillar with a drink, so he doesn't have to be in the receiving line.

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    That was lovely!! [face_love] [face_love]

Wow, I'm surprised Jaina let Leia plan her wedding. Considering her temperament, I would have expected something along the lines of a "you-can't-make-me-listen-so-I'll-invite-only-pilots-and-scoudrels" wedding. :p I'm sure Leia had fun, though. And I loved this. it was so sweet! [face_love] (Especially the groom... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love])

Only one more post?!?! But... but... :(

11. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow! It took them long enough to get married! It didn't take Wes that long. Or Hobbie. What, was Jaina being mature and responsible? Or did it take Leia 5 years to plan something that big?

Oh my, I'll bet C3PO ended up in a closet somewhere. I'm not sure why, I just have a feeling.

Jaina and Jag seem destined to have a long and happy marriage...if no more evil villains arrive from outside the galaxy, to thwart their happiness.

Sharr recognized right away, that Anja was Kyp's type. He should go into the computer dating field. He'd be perfect as cupid.

I agree, that Han is probably off somewhere in a corner, drink in hand, with Lando, Talon Karrde, Booster, etc, bragging about the great wedding "he" pulled off.

Nice post Inyri.

12. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
    YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D
    I'm happy now !!!!!! That was great !
    me

13. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    WooT!!! I'm all for Kyp and Anja!!!

Soooo glad you're back.

~Rogue

14. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    That was sweet, and were you setting up Kyp with someone right there, nod, nod, wink, wink. Good luck with your own wedding! Keep up the writing, your stories are addictive.
    ~Rosy

15. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Awww. Only one more post. Can't believe it's coming to an end and I really haven't been around that long. All I gots to say is watch your step Kypie-pooh.

lordmaul13

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Posting for Maiden: I WIN! I WIN! :p

Nice postie :)

17. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    yay, they finally got married! hehe, Anja's so funny... ?That has to be one of your friends,? Jag murmured.

?What, you don?t have friends who curse at security guards?? Jaina asked.

?Well?no.?
    [face_laugh] very sweet...well....i can't believe there's only one more post! :_| but it's gonna be a good one, right? silly me, stupid question! ;) lookin forward to that next postie! :D

18. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
  19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    NJ, I'm trying to be nice to Kyp. Trying is the key word. :p Thanks so much for reading. As of right now, there is no sequel. However, there's still one more post.

Adumaricape, yeah, I'm sure Han's hiding somewhere, too. The thing with Kyp and Anja Rogue asked me to write waaaaaay back when I accidentally leaked to her that Cheriss died. She gets credit for that.

Thanks, JF06! Yeah, Jaina let Leia plan her wedding. She's slowly letting her parents do things in her life. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, one more post.

Hawkbat, Jaina be responsible? *laughs* Remember, she's marrying Jag. He tends to be more responsible than her. The main difference is that Jaina and Jag are still pretty young, compared to Wes and Hobbie, who are both about 50 during the Epilogue. LOL to Sharr in the computer dating field. I can just see that. Thanks very much. I'm so glad you liked it.

Aelie, thanks. So glad you enjoyed. :)

Rogue, Thank you. I wrote it for you. I'm glad to be back (but I'm going away again this weekend).

Thank you, Rosy. Whatever happens to Kyp is up to you. I left it an open ended question for that reason. ;)

lordmaul13, I can't believe it's over, either. I've spent so much time on this...it's going to be really difficult to end it next time.

Thanx, Stakky. Maiden, come back soon!

JG, I'm going to spend a little more time on the next post to make sure it's a good one. After all, it will be the last thing anyone will ever read in this story. Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked what I did with the characters. :)

JM, :) :)

~Inyri

20. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Kyp has a new love interest does he? Jag and Jaina are finally married. * throws confettie and cheers * I bet it was a beautiful wedding.

One more post? I'm gonna miss this fic. It's been a very, very long ride.

~aeryn

21. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    *Sigh*
    Very lovely post Inyri.
    Nice and sweet.

Only one more post left?

:(

I suppose I'll get over it. . . eventually.

22. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    yeah new post!!! and awww Jaina and Jag's wedding!!!!!! loved the "has she slugged him yet" and I would have thought Kyp would have been the best man or a groomsmen or something! oh well. who knows what might happen with Kyp . . . 8-} i enjoyed that post. cheered me up .. . . well i could go to work and be cheered up but thats a different story . . .

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Aeryn, love interest? I don't believe I uttered those words. But I wrote it that way for a reason. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed. There's been lots of confetti here recently. :) Thanks so much.

Thank you, PJ. I will try to complete this fic this week and then devote my full attention to Deception. :)

MJ, glad it cheered you up. Hope ur day gets better. Thanks so much for reading. As to why isn't Kyp in the wedding, there are two reasons. One (the main one) is that he is closer to Jaina than Jag. I'm pretty sure Jag probably has a good number of friends he grew up with that would fill those spots better. The other is that Kyp always plays a part in the J/J wedding in most fics (as do most of them have either Wedge or Luke perform the ceremony) and I wanted to be unique. :)

Questions:
    Will there be a sequel to Evasion?
    No, I'm sorry, there won't be. I thought a lot about it, and I've come to the conclusion that 1-it will never be as good, and 2-because of 1, it will only hurt the original story and won't do any of the characters I've come to love justice. I'd like to do it, but I know I could never pull it off.

Are you serious? There's no more Evasion?
    Yes, I'm serious. I do have a swarm of plot bunnies that I'll probably type up as viggies. I'll be posting them on my websight as "Extras" if any of them turn out alright. I'll also have scenes that didn't make it to the boards there as well.

So there's only one more post?
    Yup. One more. I'm hoping to have it done on Thursday. However, Evasion was nominated for a fan fiction award. Now that the voting is over, I can say this: If it wins, I'll have a few little extras I'll post on the thread for fun and celebration. (I wasn't allowed to say/do anything to try to talk you into voting for me before). Seeing as I'm up against Fathers and Sons you'll probably have to wait for the websight to get updated in May to get the extras. :p :)

~Inyri

24. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    You think Evasion will lose? There's no way!!!

Great post, just what I thought a Jaina/Jag wedding would be like.

So, whats up for the last post? Who can we expect, or is it going to be everyone?

25. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Mira's a good writer, but after following your story for months, there's nothing else I'd compare Evasion to, Inyri. Good luck on your nomination :D

~aeryn