main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Evasion - NJO - Completed - April 29, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Nov 17, 2002.

1. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    great postie!!! im glad jaina and jag finally got married! will one of the viggies be either abt kyp, kyp/anja, jag, jaina or jaina/jag?

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome postie, Inyri! loved it!

3. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    [robotic_voice]Lovely post so glad jaina and jag are together. [/robotic_voice] hehehe, great post, ONLY ONE LEFT?! :_| I can't believe this is almost over!

~*~The Queen~*~

4. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Beautiful wedding Inyri!!

nina

5. adumaricape

adumaricape Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    Is that much longed for, yet reluctant to read, last post going to be next week, after you return?

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey, guys, I really wanted to end this but on top of everything else that's going on in my life, I had some issues to deal with over work. I'll end the story next week when I come back. I'm sorry.

~Inyri

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  8. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
  9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey gang. I got back late late late last night. I'm just showing up to tell you that I'm still alive and that I'm going to try to make good on my "I'll complete Evasion this week" promise.

~Inyri

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'll watch the boards for your post, Inyri.

~aeryn

11. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Waiting on the edge of me seat, as sad as it is, I can't wait to see the conclusion to Evasion.

~*~The Queen~*~

12. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    Why do i feel eveytime i write something no listens. i feel so out of place.(tear) no ever misses me. anyway can't wait to see the end. Inyri how do i get to you're other fanfic. i have to go james is yelling at me to get off. see ya.

13. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Inyri, you poor thing! I'll bet the stress right now is causing you to lose another dress size!

Don't worry about when you have time for the post, for goodness sake. We all want to read it, but on the other hand, since it's the last one, we don't want to read it, cuz the story will be over.

Take care of yourself, first!

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I agree with hawkbat. Take as long as you need on the post, Inyri. It'll be sad to read the last one, but I know it'll be great.

~aeryn

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Jaina - Hey girl. I def miss not seeing you, but I'm very busy too. I sometimes miss responding to reviewers, although I try to make sure I catch everyone. As for my new story, if you go to the "Beyond the Saga" board, you should be able to find it. It's called "X-wing: Deception" and is set after SoA.

Or you could just click here

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me. I know I haven't responded to everything you wrote, and I promise I will before I post here again.

~Inyri

16. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    ~Inyri.

I?m enjoying x-wing.

~Lelila~

17. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    thankx Inyri! good luck with your wedding.

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    This is it. It's been 5 months, 1 week, and five days; 74572 words; 158 pages (single spaced).

So now, the moment you've been waiting for. I give you the conclusion to Evasion:

Chapter Fifteen, Post Four

Time = 5 years A.C.

?Dad, do we have to watch the fireworks?? Myri asked.

?Yeah,? Jysella Horn piped up, ?Can we please just walk around by ourselves for a little bit??

Mirax raised an eyebrow, looking at the two girls, ?You have to be joking. You?re in the middle of the largest city in the galaxy on the busiest day of the year.?

?Mooooo-ooooom,? Jysella whined, proving that all teenagers could stretch a one syllable word out that long.

Wedge shook his head. Was he that obnoxious at their age? He hoped not. ?Are we embarrassing you two??

?Dad, we?re young women. We should be allowed to walk down the street without our parents,? Myri tried to argue the point.

Wedge shrugged, ? ?Should be? and ?are? are two different things.? He glanced over at Syal who was walking with her boyfriend she just had to bring along. At least the kid was dressed respectfully. Still, he was holding Syal?s hand... Wedge turned back to Myri and Jysella. ?You two may walk ahead of us and pretend you don?t know we exist, but stay where we can see you.?

?If you don?t,? Corran added, ?We?ll track you down and make you hold our hands.?

The girls debated that a moment before debating that it was the best they were going to get. ?Alright,? Myri said sullenly. She sped up with Jysella, passing Syal and Luke, to walk as far away from her parents as she was allowed.

?You don?t want to go up there, too?? Wedge glanced over at the only other member of the group under the age of forty.

Valin Horn shook his head. ?Not really. You guys tend to be a lot less embarrassing than a little sister and her friend who?s crushing over you.?

Iella laughed. ?Myri crushes over any boy whose name she knows.?

?So does Jysella,? Valin said, rolling his eyes. ?It?s horrible. Anytime my friends come over, she hangs around and tries to flirt with them.?

Wedge tried not to laugh. He could easily see Jysella as a little flirt.

They reached the large plaza where the festivities were already in full swing. Wedge set his chair on the pavement, noticing that Jysella and Myri had set up a small camp a few yards in front of them, while Syal and Luke were sitting on a blanket about two feet to his left. Luke better not try anything with his little girl. That would be one dead kid?

?Wedge? Stop worrying about the kids,? Iella spoke up as she sat down beside him.

He shook his head as a large firework exploded above them.

?Looks like we just made it,? Mirax commented. She opened up a cooler and passed Iella a beer.

Wedge looked over at the two women. ?You?re drinking??

Corran shook his head, ?I think we should be happy the other half of their group isn?t along.?

?Who, Rhysati and Inyri?? Wedge asked.

?Yep. Those four can cause so much trouble when they?re together.?

?Hey, now,? Mirax gave her husband a gentle shove. ?You like it that I don?t sit around, drink tea, and talk about the weather.?

?No,? Wedge said, ?Instead, you get drunk and discuss my sex life.?

Iella snickered.

Mirax shook her head, ?Wedge, don?t flatter yourself. We also talk about Corran?s, Wes?, and Nawara?s sex lives, too.?

?Mom!? Valin looked stricken. He obviously didn?t want to think about how he came to be.

?Sitting with the girls is looking pretty good about now, huh?? Corran glanced over at his son.

?I can?t believe she said that in public!? Valin still had the My-Parents-Are-The-Most-Embarassing-Ever look on his face.

?Oh, calm down, Valin. It?s not like we?re talking about how I used to change your diapers. You had the cutest little butt then,? Mirax remarked.

?MOM!?

?Must have inherited that from your dad,? Mirax continued, not missing a beat.

?MOTHER!? Valin?s face was turning bright red.

?O

19. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    oh wow... i cnt beleive its over! that was such an AWESOME last postie, inryi! (hey that ryhmes!) i loved the kids... they all seem incredibly cute and of course the adults embarassing Valin was great. inryi, xris, wes and hobbie were great as always. i&w's kids sure should have a interesting future... being the kids of those two!!! and syal and luke- LOL. wedge should have fun with how that one plays out.... jaina was great as usual. i loved her thoughts at the end, and her vision of jag was really great. i dont really think i can tell u how much i enjoyed this story... it was really an amazing story to have read from beginning to end.... and im glad u liked to play around with my character for that scene. u did it exactly how i thought she would be so :). i look fwd to more of ur writing on ur x-wing story and hopefully more in the future!

-jj00

r u happy? i gave a really long reply! oooh! and it was the first one too!

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JJ00, yes, I'm very happy. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. It's been an incredible run, and I have loved every minute of it. Thank you for all your feedback.

~Inyri

21. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Wow. That was amazing. It was such a great wrap up to the entire story. My favorite had to be the first scene You captured the characters perfectly and contianed their humor. Myri and Jyssella were hilarious. Valin was great, he was a real kid right down to the tell-tale, Mom you're embarrasing me look. I can't say how great that scene was. I also really ejoyed Wes with his sparkler routine. He must have a lightsword locked away somewhere that he uses to practice so to keep in his fine form. This post wrapped up everyone so well. Thank you for the fabulous ending to this epic.

As for the entire story, its phenomenal. It has everything that drama should, action, character development, humor all together. You took everyone who already existed and weaved them together, allowing them all to grow but still remain true to what they are.

Thank you so much for giving us this fic and you are most definatly a writer, there is no question. However, because you have this "title" you must continue to produce stories for us.: ) Thank you again.
    ~Rosy

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome postie!

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rosy,

okay, I'm crying now. I don't even know how to say thank you. I'm so honored that you think so. I'm thrilled you found the post a good wrap up for the story, and that you enjoyed the story so much. An epic? Wow, thank you so much. I don't know if I'd call myself a writer (that title's reserved for the pro's). Thank you for thinking this was good enough for the title. I'm still crying.

~Inyri

EDIT - Thanks, Lt.

24. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ?Hey, now,? Mirax gave her husband a gentle shove. ?You like it that I don?t sit around, drink tea, and talk about the weather.?

?No,? Wedge said, ?Instead, you get drunk and discuss my sex life.?

Iella snickered.

Mirax shook her head, ?Wedge, don?t flatter yourself. We also talk about Corran?s, Wes?, and Nawara?s sex lives, too.?
    [face_laugh] that is too funny! (and too true!)

and then Mirax's comments about Valin's butt.... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!! and the Inyri, Wes, Xris and Hobbs part was great, as always! and i can't believe it's over! oh man, how 5 months fly, eh? ;) what an excellent story, Inyri! bravo and encore! :D

25. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Inyri, "for cryin' out loud", as Col. Jack O'Neill of Stargate says!

Of course you're a writer, and a darn good one too. Haven't you kept a legion of fans, not only entertained, but on the edge of their seats? One moment doing spit takes over some humourous scene, the next sniffling into their kleenex over an especially poignant moment? Fans have been following this for half a year! That takes some devotion, and you don't get devotion like that for a second rate story.

Thanks for the mention of how Xris came about. I loved creating her for your story. Your writing made readers take her character to heart, so that they really believed she fit in as Wes's sister, and as a romantic partner for Hobbie.

Also, if it wasn't for your encouragement, I wouldn't have posted "Hobbie's Birthday", to link his thoughts and feelings about Xris.

As for this final post, it was a perfect ending to the story. We see the various families we've come to love in the course of your story, celebrate the end of the war, as citizens of a peaceful world, dealing with those everyday problems (like teens embarassed by their parents) instead of having to be out there in the galaxy fighting and dieing. A little boring normallity is what most of them have been longing for, I'm sure!

Again, a great story, well done.

You know that I'll be over there posting on Deception, posing leading questions, and throwing in little bits of ephemera to entertain and distract your readers.

Thanks for all the enjoyment you've given me.