main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Evasion - NJO - Completed - April 29, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Nov 17, 2002.

1. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    If you get on instant messanger, I'll give you my 3rd and 4th post comments right now.

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    which instant messenger? MSN or AIM?
    ~Inyri

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    hey, i'm all for the third post tonight...and btw, mushy postie up on RotJ as soon as one of my sisters gets off one of the faster pc's...this one wrecks my disc whenever i try to save or change anything... :(

~TJF

4. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I was hoping more people would read this one before I throw the next one up there

Glad to hear there's an update coming.

~Inyri

5. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey! I'm here now! Just came in from a 10 hour shift at work, tired, cranky, no lunch, no supper... and what do I do first? Check for your post! I can eat later.

I enjoyed all the verbal sparring, especially between Inyri and Wes. Their childish behaviour, was somehow endearing, although I'm sure Wedge didn't feel that way.

My first reaction to Wes and Inyri flirting, was No! I want him to hook up with Shalla Nelprin somehow. But upon thinking for a few seconds, I'd kinda like to see Wes and Inyri at least dance around each other for a bit. Wes is years overdue from having just a little bit of romance. Why not with someone he's known for a long time, and can have fun with?

I see you've set up Jag with misconceptions about Jaina too. Perhaps Kyp realises that? He DID tell Jag that Jaina was in her quarters at that moment. Maybe he was hinting that Jag should go see her - and not about wiring. Or am i giving Kyp credit where it's not due?

There was one thing missing, perhaps. Wedge, in his frustration could have pulled the "take off you boot, and put your foot on my desk" trick. That might have revealed something strangely unusual - like Inyri and Wes both wearing socks with little Ewoks on them or similiar!

Running off at the mouth as usual,

hawkbat

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    lol! great post, Inyri! ?We are not flirting!? Both exclaimed in unison as they left his office. [face_laugh] can't wait to read more! you write Wes very well! :D

7. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    What a wonderful story you have here, Inyri. I love the humourous elements that you've incorporated in your tale -- i.e. Jag thinking that Jaina and Kyp are togther, Jaina thinking Jag has a girlfriend, Wes Janson and Inyri Forge! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And please, I'm all for a third post tonight!

Dust

8. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    great post :)

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hawkbat - No, you were 100% right about Kyp. I always got the impression he was trying to play matchmaker for Jaina and Jag in DJ, so I brought that out here. As for Inyri and Wes, as I said over on the other page, I don't have anything planned with them. If I hear an overwelming response from the readers about it, then something might happen. The only part of the story I have planned out is with Jaina and Jag (I spilled most of the plot to Mandie tonight); the rest pretty much just comes to my mind as a result of no sleep, stress, and caffeine.

Jags_Gurl - I'm glad you found that hillarious. Now I'm kinda bummed Wes isn't in the next few posts. I'm glad you like how I write him, because i have fun with his character.

collywolly - thanks! :)

Dust - yes, I'm having too much fun with humor. Don't worry, I'll get angsty real soon. [face_devil] And the Jaina/Jag both thinking the other is with someone else is probably one of my favorite things to do, since it makes me believe I am evil. Hey, I need my illusions.

~Inyri

10. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    YES!!! THIRD POST!!!! POST THE THIRD POST CUZ MY DAY HAS SUCKED AND I NEED MORE POSTS!

~Rogue

P.S. The doc took me off caffene. That has totally ruined my day, which has only slightly been salvaged by getting a *B* on my calculus tests and mushy posts by various authors. And my head STILl hurts!

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rogue, the next post isn't mushy. Are you sure u still want to read it?

~Inyri

12. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Yes, Inyri, someone finally agrees with me! I noticed all throughout DJ that Kyp was making some subtle hints with his oh-so-cocky-yet-still-slightly-not-obvious character, and each time he'd make one of these remarks, I couldn't help but crack up. The K/J shippers claim that Kyp was only acting on the part of his character ("Since he's amusing and has an actual personality unlike Captain Cardboard!") Alas, I love Kyp to death as a person, but as for Jaina's boyfriend, I think Jag fills the role nicely. ;)

Impulse struck, and Kyp acted on it at once. "Jaina never intended to marry the prince."

Jagged looked politely interested. "I see. He is not a Jedi."

"True, but that's not the issue," Kyp said. "I'm guessing that the only man Jaina would ever take seriously is one who can outfly her."

Jag ran along for several moments before answering. "There are not many who fit that description," he observed neutrally.

"Yeah, I've noticed that."

You see? Total matchmaker quality. Ah, I love both Jagged and Kyp; why are people in the Star Wars galaxy so lucky? ;) 8-}

Dust

EDIT - Yes, please do post! :)

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Dust - EXACTLY! I get rather sick of the K/J shippers (no offense K/J'ers) talking about Kyp's secret obsession with her. Besides the conversation that you have there, another example that comes to my mind is when Kyp encourages Jag to go to the banquet because Jaina is there. He even gives Jag ideas about how to swing an invite.

~Inyri

So, guys, any more suggestions for the story? I'm writing the sixth part right now, so if there's something you want me to do, let me know before it's too late. If I get lots of feedback, I may post a little spoiler...

14. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Ah, the banquet -- what fun, what fun! It was really a pity that Ta'a Chume had to come in and interrupt everyone's fun; just think how the story could've advanced if she had not stepped into that scene. Nevertheless, Anakin's funeral would still have taken place, but *sigh* I really wanted to see what could've happened in the scene in which Jagged and Jaina snuck out of the banquet hall together. [face_mischief] ;)

Alors, will post three be up tonight?

Dust

15. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Ooooo! A new J/J story! Yea!

Great so far :D ! I like the Janson/Inyri pairing too. They are so perfect for each other!

This is definately a story I'll keep reading! Can't wait til the next post :D

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Dust - My advisor has recomended no post three tonight; you'll have to wait. I may be persuaded to put up a bit of a spoiler though. ;)

Jedida - I'm so glad you liked it! This is my first full length fic (I'm sure you got that impression from my alternate title), and it's technically AU, but I started it this summer before "the kiss." This is definately a story I'll keep reading! *blushes*

~Inyri

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Okay, guys, here's ur teaser. I've been advised not to post twice on the same day, and I finally did get some reviews (I sat and stared at no reviews for a long time) so I figure I should at least let you know what's in store. This is from the end of Chapter One:

She leaned back against the ship, looking up at him. ?Jag.? One word, one syllable, and it was the most incredible thing she could say. The way the words touched her lips?

Jag took a step closer so there was little to no space between them. ?Yes??

?Jag.? Her lips parted and she motioned with her finger, asking him to come to her.

He accepted the invitation, letting his mouth descend on hers. Jag felt her respond, wrapping her arms around his neck and opening her own mouth to him. He let his hand run down her face, along her shoulder, down her side, and around to the small of her back. He pulled her to him, feeling the heat of her body against his own. In his arms, Jaina moaned something that sounded like his name?

[face_devil] Hope that can hold you guys over.

~Inyri
    (Who's off to create more chaos for the second chapter)

18. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry, I was late... Just got back from seeing Harry Potter, finally. When I went Sunday night the show was sold out- the stupid theatre is showing only one showing. UGH!

Wonderful post... you should post more tonight... I mean you have 6 pages and there's only two posts!! You gotta give us more.

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    YAY! Sara's here!

Five of those pages came from the past two days of everyone begging for posts. Hardly any are in response to this post. I even moved up my posting schedule because everyone wanted more. I may put the next part of Chapter One up tomorrow, but it's more likely that you'll see it on Thursday. (There are 4 posts that make up the first chapter).

I'm glad you're enjoying the story thus far. I can tell you that the next three posts are rather angsty and quite the contrast from the first two. (They concentrate almost 100% on Jaina and Jag, though, so all is good).

~Inyri

20. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I was just kidding... Six pages in two days is quite an accomplishment.

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks. I think I got too spoiled with the first set of reviews. :)

~Inyri

22. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Maybe... but just think of it this way everyone must be asleep if they haven't responded yet.

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    It's been up since five o'clock east coast time. :( Ahh, well. I'm gonna finish the section I'm working on and hope for more reviews in the morning. ;)

I have to think of more chaos to start. And I have to find a girl for Kyp (just cuz he needs one) so if anyone knows of someone single and in their early to mid thirties, let me know. *thinks* Need More Chaos!

(And Mandie, Tahiri is not getting together with Kyp). :)

~Inyri

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    (And Mandie, Tahiri is not getting together with Kyp).

*snickers*

and that was a meanie teaser inyri!

ok...so it wasn't as evil as SOME things i've read (ie: when someone [princess1, if you're reading this, hint, hint] leaves jaina literally falling off a cliff...then stops! :eek: ) but that was still pretty mean...cuz if they're angsty then, oh...wait, shutting up now.

i hope i'm wrong though! :p

UP!

~TJF

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    TJF - Wait, you're lecturing me on why I shouldn't write angst? You're the queen of angst! Besides, I didn't say it would be ALL angst. :)

You act like I have some evil plan...

~Inyri