main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    more questions than answers[face_thinking] And what will happen next?

Waiting for more[face_thinking]

And happy Christmas to you [:D][face_dancing]

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Loved the description of Anakin feeling all right with Qui-Gon absent-mindedly calling him Obi-Wan. Perhaps the Force's victories are small, but they matter where it counts, and if Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin can slowly be reconciled in this matter, I'm willing to wait patiently for it. :)

Oh, this part was devious indeed! *shiver* Darth Sidious thinking all that in the presence of Qui-Gon and Anakin - it really says so much about how Palpatine has perfected the art of concealing his Force abilities and thoughts...

I wasn't able to figure out who the injured man in the scene with Tadeo and Eustace Moonshadow was - did I miss an obvious clue from earlier chapters? :confused:

I love how this simple sentence explained so clearly that all is not lost with Mr. ?O? yet. The only question is, will Mr. ?O? find the kind of "awakening" that Anakin did?

I like this nickname. :D :D :D

All in due course of time. :) Mace's far-seeing abilities seem to have increased (temporarily? :p ) by leaps and bounds all of a sudden. ;)

I wonder how much Master Dooku will be able to help. While it's heartwarming that so many people wish to help Obi-Wan, it's unclear how many will truly be able to help him...

Happy Holidays, everyone! [:D]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Great update, I think I said it before, but I am still really enjoying seeing Mace in this, and how you're writing him. Perfect :) Glad that Obi-Wan is awake and very interested to see what will happen with Dooku... [face_thinking] Looking forward to more!

4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm so glad to be caught up on this! It's been fantastic to watch this grow and develop, all of the different plot points interweaving. I'm glad to know about Anakin's parenthood, horrific as it is. The look at BB that we got this chapter was quite interesting -you almost seem to be humanizing him. Just goes to show how no one, not even the (for lack of a better term) evil villains. Anakin has also gradually become more sympathetic. I look forwards to seeing how he develops.

I'm quite interested in seeing how Dooku is going to play into this. Doting grandmaster or scheming Sith-wannabe? [face_thinking] His effect on Obi-Wan will certainly be one to watch.

Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with PM's! [:D]

5. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    =D= That was great, Valairy! I loved how Mace made a joke to make Obi-Wan smile, and how he spoke the truth without realizing it, and now is going to try to figure out what that truth means.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I see trouble ahead for Obi-Wan if Dooku takes him to Serrano.[face_worried] Perhaps kidnapping?[face_thinking] Even if Dooku is sincere, Obi-Wan would have far less protection on Serrano.

I found that bit about Mace being unable to intimidate Obi-Wan anymore very funny.:p:D

Sorry I didn't review this chapter for so long. Holiday season is very bad for me.;)

Thanks so much for the PM, and I can't wait for more!:D

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    shadowkey Back at you!

The1stJediPrincess More is here.

obimom BB thinks he's going to be some kind of powerful ally of Sids..he's got a surprise coming, doesn't he?? Oh, yeah. :D

earlybird-obi-wan You?d think I?d start providing answers soon, wouldn?t you? ;)

Valiowk I wasn't able to figure out who the injured man in the scene with Tadeo and Eustace Moonshadow was - did I miss an obvious clue from earlier chapters? Obvious, no, clue, yes.

I love how this simple sentence explained so clearly that all is not lost with Mr. ?O? yet. The only question is, will Mr. ?O? find the kind of "awakening" that Anakin did?Who knows? He?s a man who has done lots of bad to evil things in his life and rejoiced in them. But he?s not beyond hope as is Sids.

serendipityaey I am still really enjoying seeing Mace in this, and how you're writing him. Aw, thanks, he's fun to write.

TheMacUnleashed The look at BB that we got this chapter was quite interesting -you almost seem to be humanizing him. Uh, that was The Boss, not BB ? whose obsession with Obi-Wan far outdoes The Boss with the Jedi and even Sids for the Jedi. Just goes to show how no one, not even the (for lack of a better term) evil villains. Anakin has also gradually become more sympathetic. Good, I kind of hoped for that with him, and with Qui-Gon as well, though that?s to come. The Boss was supposed to evolve as well, but he never seemed to earn the readers? hate as did Anakin and Qui-Gon.

The_Zeltron That was great, Valairy! I loved how Mace made a joke to make Obi-Wan smile, and how he spoke the truth without realizing it, and now is going to try to figure out what that truth means. That last came as a surprise even to me. Now Mace has to follow through on it, and darn the plot!

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I see trouble ahead for Obi-Wan if Dooku takes him to Serrano. Perhaps kidnapping? Even if Dooku is sincere, Obi-Wan would have far less protection on Serrano. Weeellll, that was a possibility but that might interfere with what?s coming up. Maybe I?ll have Anakin kidnapped instead and tortured - nah, he?s a kid.

I found that bit about Mace being unable to intimidate Obi-Wan anymore very funny As it was meant to be!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Chapter 53. March of Fate

Jedi Master Dooku drew in a deep breath and slowly released it. A journey of many hours had inexplicably turned into a journey of many days, considering the ship had been forced planetside for repairs.

A rather desolate place, too, where one had little chance of merely switching ships to continue one?s journey.

It brought back memories of another such interrupted journey, some years back. In fact, he realized, it had been a day of first steps and new journeys. Coincidence in some ways, yet an uncanny one, if so.

The man he was on the way to see, his grand padawan, had been born this day. Few knew the story of his birth. Few Jedi did, in truth, given to the Order with little but a birth date and a name.

?Watch this one, we shall,? Yoda had said.

?Is he ? special??

A soft grunt greeted the question. ?No more and no less special than any other yet the Force?s affection he holds?..?

?Affection?? It was Dooku?s turn to grunt. ?There is little room in a Jedi?s life for affection. Wisdom, scruples, strength ? that is what a Jedi needs, not a heart.?

?From where springs compassion but the heart, and compassion is the heart of a Jedi,? Yoda corrected him, frowning.

?Too much compassion begats distractions and loss of focus,? Dooku dared to correct the grandmaster of the Order.

?If not in harmony with the mind,? Yoda agreed, unperturbed. ?Of your own padawan you are thinking. Balances he does those who have too little compassion. Good for the Order that is.?

No more had been said on the subject, but since Yoda had watc

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Happy New Year Val.[face_dancing]

And again an intriguing update. What are Sidious and BB planning.[face_thinking]

I hope Dooku will play a nice part in keeping Obi safe.

8. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Happy New Year Val! [:D]

Incredible update, as usual! What are those dreams trying to tell our Obi-Wan? [face_thinking]

9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Poor Obi-Wan..still feeling as if he's to blame for everything, and not totally convinced Dooku isn't there to chastise him or something..:_| and what is with the disturbing dreams?

BB...I'm really curious to know who he is..he is obviously familiar with Obi-Wan's history, and hates that Qui-Gon has always been there to save him...I'm a little puzzled as to how Qui-Gon "saved" him this time, even though he was the main one responsible for his calamity? A clue perhaps in what Sids said...that by Obi-Wan reaching out for Qui-Gon when he was dying kept him in the light, and saved him that way, even though he's very injured? Hmmm..

Dooku, good that he's here. Looking forward to seeing his meeting with Obi-Wan =D=

Great as always, Val! Looking forward to more..

Oh, and Happy New Year!! [:D]

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I must say I am having the worst day and there's nothing I can do about it so I'm just going to immerse myself in football and fanfiction :) Luckily you updated!

Hmm, the stuff with BB and The Boss confuses me. The Dark side is very murky...
    I love your descriptions of each of their personalities in The Force. Very nice writing! It is so interesting the way you've brought Dooku into the story, and how this might change his path. Sad there was only a bit of Obi-Wan but it was good! Looking forward to more :)

11. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Happy New Year! [:D]

:D :D :D I have to say, reading Dooku saying this to Yoda made my day, even if it was not meant disrespectfully.

I can't help but wonder exactly what any healers might have been doing with Qui-Gon. ;)

Poor Obi-Wan's healer - I certainly hope he survived!

And oh, Obi-Wan - if only he had more confidence in himself! But that's precisely what Sidious has been trying to undermine - Obi-Wan's confidence. Hopefully Dooku's arrival will aid and not hinder Obi-Wan's recovery.

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    What a wonderful Chrissy and New years pressy. I will have to go on holidays more often, that way I can hurry back to read two great chapters.

It was a miracle, both settlers agreed; the man was alive, but badly injured. How he had come to be there or why was something they might never know. But in the wastelands, one didn?t waste precious time asking questions without answers. Now I have a feeling that the healer is in need of a healer.[face_thinking]

Everyone has plans and even giggling BB has some... I wonder what Obi-Wan has planned, will he like being around Dookuo_O

Happy holidays to you Val and a Happy New Year.[:D]

13. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Did I somehow fall off the PM list? Its ok. I watch for this story always. Great post![face_love]

14. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Great chapter, Val!=D= I'm looking forward to seeing how the plot unfolds.:D

[face_laugh] That was hysterical. You do a very good job of infusing some real good humor into what is otherwise a very serious story.=D=

Thanks so much for the PM, and I look forward to more!:D

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    This chapter probably brings up more questions than answers ? unless you look very closely. A little secret ? a fair amount of this was to come later, but the story is accelerating as I watch it whoosh by o_O ? that must be a good thing. [face_thinking] It also means a constant rewrite of what I?ve written and scramble to have it make sense.[face_praying] ;)

Writing is so ? challenging.:p

earlybird-obi-wan And again an intriguing update. What are Sidious and BB planning. I hope Dooku will play a nice part in keeping Obi safe. What can I say? Sids and BB and The Boss are all scheming, but they?re not really in cahoots, though it seems Sids & BB are now allies.

As for Dooku, well, he has no intentions other than seeing if he can help, perhaps find a way to reconcile his padawan and grand-padawan. He knows what he knows second hand. He?s not happy with Qui, but he?s short the whole story.

He?s also ignorant of the three who wish harm upon our favorite (and currently, most hated) Jedi.

The1stJediPrincess What are those dreams trying to tell our Obi-Wan? Death, destruction ? the usual. [face_whistling] Okay ? you?ll read it, but not yet. [face_talk_hand] Yes, this would be a great place to reveal it, but I think placing it later will benefit the story timeline more.

obimom BB...I'm really curious to know who he is..he is obviously familiar with Obi-Wan's history, and hates that Qui-Gon has always been there to save him...I'm a little puzzled as to how Qui-Gon "saved" him this time, even though he was the main one responsible for his calamity? A clue perhaps in what Sids said...that by Obi-Wan reaching out for Qui-Gon when he was dying kept him in the light, and saved him that way, even though he's very injured? Hmmm..

Um?not really, but I will reveal that. Let?s just say for now that Qui?s timing interrupted something. Was he guided by the Force? Guilt? [face_thinking] :confused:

serendipityaey Hmm, the stuff with BB and The Boss confuses me. The Dark side is very murky... I?m afraid so?BB has been mentored by The Boss and is his right-hand man, also the man who dispatches ?problems? that The Boss does not inquire too closely into ? a way of sort of keeping his hands clean via ignorance.[face_devil]

Well, BB has discovered a secret of The Boss?s and in his somewhat sick and twisted mind, feels betrayed. He?s been carefully shaped into a weapon, a human weapon of a very human man; he now hungers to be a weapon of the Force, someone like a Sith who commands respect. He?s going to show The Boss, oh, yeah.[face_hypnotized]

! It is so interesting the way you've brought Dooku into the story, and how this might change his path. Sad there was only a bit of Obi-Wan but it was good! I planned a lot of Obi-Wan in this chapter, sorry :_| ? you?ll have to take what I gave you. It was more important timing-wise to use what I did. Coming up, Obi, and probably Dooku.

Valiowk I can't help but wonder exactly what any healers might have been doing with Qui-Gon. Probably downing a stiff drink after dealing with him. [face_laugh] [face_skull] :p

Sids ? ah, he believes Obi is meant to be his new apprentice, especially if he can?t turn the Chosen One when he?s older. He?s had visions, you see, that the Chosen One won?t turn and that Obi-Wan will be strong one day again, and under Sids tutelage, much stronger than if left in the hands of the Jedi.

Dooku ? he?s taking Obi-Wan for a vacation.:D

gkilkenny Obi-Wan?s going to be a bit cautious and formal around Dooku at first. This is the man who told Qui-Gon to give him up years ago, after all. He might learn a thing or two in the end.

charie Goodness gracious, I had thought you had dropped off the planet. Not sure why at this time why you fell off the PM list, but you?re back on. Did you by any chance have a period when you couldn?t or didn?t open a sequence of P

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Chapter 54. Serenity Breached

Sidious was under no delusions as to his ?so-called? new apprentice. The man had impressive shields but a mind as warped as his had more cracks and sieves in it than a crumbling dam to a Sith.

The fool saw himself as following a path to a life of luxury. He could be useful, he would be useful. He would never be a Sith.

He would be a means to awaken the sleeping power inside one Obi-Wan Kenobi, for that power slumbered, he was certain. One so consciously wedded to the Light understandably shied from power, shied away from what he feared ? and fear was one of many paths to the dark. Fear of the dark power that propelled him forward at the fall of his master, fear of the immense power that healed that same man.

A sane man, a sane Jedi, would rather forsake that power than invoke it.

But invoke it Obi-Wan Kenobi would; the Force had shown him that. How or why, even when was yet hidden, but Sidious had seen enough of the future to know that when it was time, Obi-Wan Kenobi would rise, stronger than ever, and woe to those whom he opposed.

And he suspected that this so-called Jedi might be the means to unlock it.

Such a pawn of his own desires, this eager acolyte-wannabe. Sidious did not doubt this one had ambition. He burned for revenge against the one who stole his life and cast him to ignominy. Lust was slowly consuming him, especially now that he had been placed in close proximity to the object of such lust. It was all rather amusing to contemplate.

Inhaling deeply, Sidious let the tickles of desire tremor up and down his nerves. How he would love to see this confrontation he claimed to be against. It would be stimulating, so stimulating he was almost tempted to be assured he would not be alone at such time. But one passion could not be allowed to overshadow another; he would feast from a distance now that he had access to this one.

All his secrets, one by one, were his to pluck and plunder, but, he thought, he would let them ripen and rot yet awhile. Secrets were, like wine, better aged.

Sith were as well.

Anakin Skywalker had been taught to hate.

By the derision and scorn of those free men and women who saw he and his mother - all slaves, in truth, not just them - to be lesser beings to be commanded and humiliated, commanded and judged. By the scarcity of abundant food which had his mother doing without to feed a growing boy, by the long hours that kept him from his mother?s love and guidance. By the cold nights that stole his warmth as he trudged shivering to open Watto?s shop while his mother rubbed sleep from her eyes as she bent over her worktable and by the blistering heat as he ran errands during the day.

By indifference and greed.

By those who saw two slaves, not two people ? those who had owned or surrounded him, such as Gardulla, who had delighted in heaping abuse on his mother. By Watto, who believed he had the right to expect calluses and blood from Shmi?s finger tips, fingers that should be tending her son?s bruises and wiping his tears, and by those who aimed their feet and vile invectives, those Mos Espa transient multitudes, directed at the slave errand boy who had learned how to evade their grasping hands and their cutting words nearly at the same time he had learned just to walk.

But Anakin had also been taught how to love ? by a mother who suffered any abuse, endured any request if by doing so, such abuse and such acts were directed away from her son. By a mother whose unsteady fingers brushed his tears away and whose swollen lips kissed him good night; by bruised hands that tucked their two thin blankets around his shoulders whilst she shivered without.

If hatred was without, love was within. Home was a haven amidst the hell.

Until he had come into their lives and their very home; he into Shmi?s bed and into Anakin?s fears. His mother had toiled on her back to protect her boy and her boy had toiled at his side to learn to wield the tools of hate to keep her alon

17. shadowkey

shadowkey Jedi Padawan

Jan 21, 2010
    Fabulous! :D Another wonderful update, though I hope we see Obi soon.

18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    :eek: :_| :eek: :_| Oh Anakin..I just start to feel some sympathy for your plight and then in order to protect the dark truths hiding in your soul, you point the finger at my Obi-Wan...:mad:

Oh and, Val...ahem...I thought so...(tatooine, Mom, the father, etc.) [face_whistling] [face_blush]

You actually revealed quite a bit here...[face_whistling]

I was ready to see Qui-Gon go on a rampage against Obi-Wan, and I wondered if he would remember that Obi-Wan doesn't have the force right now to be able to do what Anakin accused him of...thankfully, he did remember..now he's confused, not wanting to face the truth..but he will have to. I don't know why his friend dislikes Obi-Wan, but at least she's fair minded concerning him.

And the part with Sids...not good to have the master sith stepping in on Sith wannabe's plans...this could get ugly..

As always, Val, an awesome, and this time, eye opening and stunning chapter. Wow...hope I can hang onto my chair till your next update...with Obi [face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sids[face_skull] and I hope he will fail. Obi has to get away from all who are plotting against him.

And Anakin A [face_devil] in an Angel's disguise but formed by who did this to his poor mother.

Maybe Qui-Gon will see through all of it[face_thinking]

Excellent post=D=

20. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Wow! Oh Wow, oh wow!!!! =D=

Anakin, I feel bad for you. But man up and tell Qui-Gon the truth! Don't lie about Obi-Wan like that. [face_not_talking]

Qui-Gon, wake up you silly blind man. Obi-Wan is not able to invade anyone's mind. [face_frustrated]

Sideous, wow, evil is he! Don't keep us waiting to long for the next installment. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Great job Val!!! =D= [:D]

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Really wonderful.

?Who was here, Ani?? The voice was insistent. ?Who was,? the voice trembled, ?who invaded your mind??

?Obi-Wan!? he blurted out. He couldn?t tell; he couldn?t. His mother?s life was forfeit if he so much as breathed one word. The truth was a stone that weighed down his heart; the lie lifted that burden.

"It was Obi-Wan."

Ohhh... :_| Anakin! [face_frustrated]

Oh, how it hurt, to remember the sheen of tears upon his cheeks, that time. It hurt: remembering how a tear trembled on the thumb that had swept the traces of his away; it hurt: remembering, that he had told Obi-Wan, gently, at least?

?Jedi don?t cry.

Love the trip into Qui-Gon's thoughts. He does care! And LOVE the ending of this chapter! Really good.

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Ahh! Qui-Gon the Force is beating your shields down, it is giving you memories of a padawan who could not, and would not be cruel.[face_idea]
    I wonder how long before Qui-Gon sees past the sweet face to see the wall of lies in Anakin. At least Ni?sha doesn?t put Obi-Wan in the same category as Xanatos.[face_dancing]

?He was never arrogant!? The protest burst out of him without thought, the words of a master feeling his apprentice was being wronged. ?Headstrong, reckless, yes; tart-tongued because to be otherwise betrayed the tender heart within because ?? because a tender heart was too easily bruised. So a shell of sarcasm, of dry wit became the means to conceal that which lay within.

?Another pathetic life-form, Master??

I wonder if Obi-Wan expected and answer... "Yes like you Obi-Wan."[face_worried]

?Master, please?fix it. It?s dreadfully hurt.? Obi-Wan?s stricken face and the helplessness shrouding his shoulders, his outthrust hands and his pleading voice: that memory flared within his mind, unbidden.

A pathetic life form, the words glib and easily off the boy?s tongue not long before. And not long after, the trembling in hands that cradled a broken body; the soft sheen of tears spilling from eyes that knew some injuries could not be healed, some repairs beyond man and even sometimes the Force.

Together they had set the small spirit free in a spiral of flame.

Obi-Wan liked using that phrase but I suspect it was aimed at himself. He believed he was a pathetic life-form and it was his master who collected him and gave him a place like the other pathetic ones Qui-Gon picked up and yet let go when they revealed just how pathetic they were.

So Anakin has a father and it?s not the Force just the dark side.[face_skull]
    What chance does Anakin have.[face_thinking]

Great post Val =D=

23. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Hm, I wonder what is causing these visions? :confused: I always thought that Sids was behind Anakin's visions in the movies, but that doesn't explain why Sids himself is having visions...

Interesting descriptions of Qui-Gon, Padmé and Jar-Jar - "the Jedi, the Angel and the Jester". What a vivid picture this portrays of how strange their arrival must have seemed to Anakin at that time!

Great section describing Anakin's "fall" - the style of narration is simply lovely and poignant. [face_love]

Love the contrast between what Anakin tells himself is the truth and what Sidious claims happened. You skillfully weave your way between the two claims, blending them together, until the reader too can feel Anakin's confusion at what actually is the truth and the effort he makes to distinguish what he wishes to believe is the truth from Sidious' version.

If all Qui-Gon had been relying on earlier were feelings, then surely this is a solid detail that should raise his suspicions. Oh, Qui-Gon, don't turn away, if only because you still have a responsibility towards Obi-Wan...

24. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    That was great, Val!=D= I so hope Qui-Gon isn't going to push off his memories and thoughts about them.[face_praying] Can't wait for more on Obi-Wan!

Thanks for the PM!:D

25. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I am so terribly far behind in reading this story, but I'm working on catching up. I love how Qui's unconscious still fights the idea that Obi is evil and questions everything, despite the influence. I'm still reading (slowly) in between classes and research papers. Thanks for continuing to share your story! :)