Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight

star 1
    -scrapes feet on the floor listlessly-
    You are right. The poor man has suffered enough. Although, it is when it goes beyond the limit that others see clearly the Obi-Wan we love.

The Boss...is now growing too sweet for his own liking. A man with a heart-could not do so, not without sacrificing that very life he wished to protect. It reminds me of Obi-Wan. He has a heart, but how many does he have to give? He had to let go of Anakin, even if he never really did.

Oh, not good, Obi, what a terrible situation you are in now. Just keep moving those legs, don't stop!

A conversation with himself. How ironic. Using a classic quote such as that makes it even more interesting. [face_laugh]

Well, apparently there is. Thinking of Darth Plageus. [face_whistling] He was the one who cheated life and gave us the worst present of a Sith. All wrapped up in black too.

[face_hypnotized] What? What? He did what? [face_praying] Please, Obi-Wan. I thought the game plan was survival. There is no deviating from that, please. Survive!
  2. littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    oh no, don´´t let him dead.

I think, something has to happend, because it is not the time for Obi-Wan to get killed.

can´t wait for more.
  3. The1stJediPrincess Jedi Knight

star 2
    What is going to happen to our poor Obi-Wan??? [face_worried]
    Don't leave us hanging there, Val! Great update, as always. =D=
  4. Valiowk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wonderful chapter, Valairy =D= - three great scenes that had me on the edge of my seat!

The descriptions of BB's twistedness were extremely chilling. [face_sick] I'm glad that the Boss has finally realised what kind of monster he's set upon Obi-Wan and entrusted with watching over Anakin and will now do what he can do stop BB. (Hopefully it won't be too late!) I hadn't expected that it would be a discovery of this sort that would lead the Boss towards repentance, but in retrospect this does make sense. I can't help but be reminded of Doctor Frankenstein's revulsion when he learns about what his creation has committed - only Frankenstein's monster had no wish to cause harm initially, whereas BB has been lusting for revenge right from the beginning.

You ended with such a cliffhanger?! :eek: I can't imagine how Obi-Wan could possibly not be done for after this, but it seems something will happen if Obi-Wan is still going to continue to be our protagonist for the rest of the story - so I'm not too worried for him, for now. ;)
  5. charie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Uping this baby.... hows the one handed typing going? Can't wait for more![face_blush]
  6. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    After some deep soul searching - I can even point to the time of my decision, as 12:01 am 040111 - I have decided I just cannot continue this story.

It would not be fair to leave you w/o an outline of what was to come.

Perhaps it might be best to leave you with the last few paragraphs...

"Whoooooa, what a head trip." Quinlan Vos rubbed his head and threw a pillow at his companion. "Hey, Kenobi - I dreamed I was you and Qui-Gon dumped you for some strange kid named Anakin, he broke the bond because you?d gone darksider..."

Fourteen year old Obi-Wan shook his head and settled in to hear the whole dream. With Qui-Gon off on a temporary mission, he?d been staying with Quinn and his master. This sounded like the best one yet. When Qui-Gon returned, he would be sure to share this story with him ? they?d both get a laugh out of it.

Dumped and discarded?his peal of laughter rang out.

Never!

Oh, and April's Fool!:D

Seriously, though, circumstances have conspired against me so I don't know when the next chapter goes up. Hopefully soon, but I'm stalled on a couple of points.
  7. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Valairy...! [face_frustrated]

I was about to reach right into the computer and slap you silly! You had me going for a minute!!

Then I laughed for a full minute when I realized. Good one...[face_laugh] You got me good...

But seriously, you're still having problems with the chapter?
  8. charie Jedi Youngling

star 2
  9. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
  10. charie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    :D Hi there Valairy. Hows it goin... ? Miss your posts...[:D]
  11. JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master

star 5
    Nice one Val. You had me going alright. I hate April's Fools Day...
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    friday the 13th and still no cliffie to continue[face_mischief];)[face_thinking]
  13. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Umm, okay [face_talk_hand] I really didn't think anyone was all that anxious for an update.

Well - something evil this way comes...oops, wrong story.

Let's blow this thing - [face_thinking] - well, it IS the anniversary of Mt. St. Helens blowing its top. Other than Obimom, who IS blowing her top and desperately bribing me with Siriwan thoughts...

I, ah, think I'm nearly ready to update.

:eek: I know.

Between the wrist interfering with writing (typing) and now the 17 yr old cat diagnosed with 10% kidney function and just plain dealing with THINGS, I just couldn't get the chapter to work.

Well, I am finally doing wrist strengthening therapy, now type just fine and am adjusting to the shock of facing the possible loss of my warm and not cuddly-except-sometimes furry companion - I am almost ready to post.

Maybe today - maybe.

But soon.

Now don't blow your collective tops. There was enough ash after St. Helens - i.e. this is an ash-free zone.

14. serendipityaey Jedi Master

star 4
    Ash-free zone?! Should I be affronted? I was born the year it errupted... coincidence?
  15. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Affronted [face_thinking] - nah. No ash, no fire and brimstone - no lava bombs - all objects. You, my dear, are a person and always welcome.

Even if you make me feel ancient, you - you YOUNGSTER. [face_laugh]

Chapter is almost - almost - ready!
  16. crofootski Jedi Padawan

New reader here.... Valairy, I understand about pain of losing a pet, I've lost several cats and one dog over the years. (I have 3 dogs and 2 cats now!

l love this story, dear author, and hope you can continue soon. I'm not to the end so far and I absolutely love it! =D= I feel so sad for Obi-Wan. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone else!
  17. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah...Val! It's about time...poor Obi is going to be so relieved to finally get that lightsaber out of his ribs and BB out of his face...:p

I know he has been patient, giving you a few looks along the way...from "I'm still here?"[face_worried] "I'm still standing here!" [face_frustrated] (Obi sigh)..."It's been how long?" [face_hypnotized] and "What? Delayed again?" o_O But he understands having issues to deal with, so he's been overall patient (overall).

All I can say is Yay! Can't wait! [face_dancing] :D
  18. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4
    17 is old, I hope moggy is doing ok.[face_good_luck]

I just read a post where someone was going to bang their head if someone didn?t update soon?o_O Does that work or should I chase the author around with a baseball bat.[face_devil]

Nooo! I couldn?t do that to you. :D

I can't bear to think that Obi-Wan is being subjected to spending so much time with BB. What can they possibly be talking about to pass the time away. :oops:
  19. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    Response to GKilkenny:

BB: Do you think she's ever going to update this?

Obi: I don't know, but I'm getting awfully tired of you sticking that saber against my ribs.

BB: Well, do you think it's fun for me? My hand is getting tired holding this saber against you so long, and besides, I'm getting hungry.

Obi: yeah, and your breath stinks, too.

BB: What do you think she's doing all this time. You'd think she'd have all this figured out by now.

Obi: I don't know. Maybe if I sneak out and go to her house with some flowers and a smile, that'll get her going.

BB: Yeah, think if we both went?

Obi: Um...no offense, but I don't think so. You're the bad guy, remember?

BB: I remember, and you'd better not forget it either. so shut up while I press this saber against your ribs some more.

Obi: (mumbling to self) better that than something else....

What do you think...sound reasonable? I'm picturing actors stuck in a scene till the director gets it figured out...:p
  20. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4

Good one obimom.

Yeah like when they do takes. Take 1? or is it take 100, perhaps BB isn?t sticking it to him just right.

I wonder...

Is BB?s sabre legal, where did he get it from maybe the crystal is stuck and Val is searching the galaxy for a new and improved one.

Maybe she is giving Dooku time to get there and rescue our adorable Obi.

I?m wondering:

?What something else.? Or should I use my imagination.

BB: do you think the author will get really mad at me if I run you through?

Obi: Of course she?ll be mad I?m the major star of this story, she can?t write a story without the star you know.

BB: Gees Kenobi, you have tickets on yourself don?t you!:p :D

21. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

"have tickets on yourself"...is that an Aussie term? Never heard it before.

Imagination is good...:D [face_whistling]

Poor Obi - he already showed up at Val's door with flowers and a smile...maybe with nothing on but flowers and a smile would do it?.....[face_whistling]

What say you, Val? :D [face_batting]
  22. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    What say I? [face_batting] [face_laugh] This is way better than what I can offer [face_talk_hand] well, funnier. After BB's, um, kiss, that one line does have some unfortunate implications [face_talk_hand] .

Obimom knows just how tough this chapter is because she knows how important it is to the overall plot - what do I reveal, when do I reveal what I decide to reveal, how does it lead into necessary behaviors and motivations...on that score, I'm still not satisfied. I don't know if satisfaction is even possible. It is true that I still have only the foggiest of ideas of how to move certain characters from one point to another - Obi is the only certainty but he is moved by others in part.

So, a two part poll:

1. Should I reveal BB?

2. Should I reveal "the boss"? (I have a great reveal for the boss, but two reveals at once - umm, don't think so; Sids has a perfect reveal of BB) - I know.

[face_idea]

I'll post the chapter with BB's reveal blanked/starred out and you can vote if I am to include it. :D What'cha think?

I would be remiss not to offer @};- [:D] for Obimom for bearing with me on endless "what ifs" PMs. Without you, this chapter would be another few months in coming, Deb. Many, many thinaks.

Chapter 61. Obi-Wan's Sithly Decision

A red blade and an inchoate scream of rage erupted into empty air where once Obi-Wan had stood.

But no longer.

?Goo?d, goo..d,? crooned Sidious from afar, orgasmic shudders of delectable delight tingling along his nerves at seeing through the Force his ?new apprentice? and his desired apprentice locked in mortal combat. What more could a Sith lord desire? His tongue still tasted the foul currents of the Force though that moment had passed, that moment when one flick of a finger had separated life from death ? when his chosen one, Kenobi, had defeated that death.

It had been a most untenable position; few could have survived a lightsaber jammed into one?s ribs ? but Sidious?s confidence had not been misplaced; the Force?s revelations true.

Glorious destruction had sprung forth and pierced a Jedi?s armor if not a man?s body: in the crucible of chaotic reaction a Jedi was dying, soon to be reborn a Sith. Soon ? soon Kenobi would come to him and kneel at his feet to offer the tattered remnants of his soul. Then, Sidious would flay whatever tarnished gleams lingered until this servant of the light became a master of the dark.

It was young Kenobi?s destiny, written in the inky emptiness between the stars where souls were shredded to bits and their light vanquished ? a most apt comparison, for what was a Sith but a life with a black hole for a heart, feeding on decay? for life, no matter how strong, just like the stars in the heavens, was in eternal decomposition from the very moment of inception.

Light was Life and neither was everlasting. Dark and Death alone were eternal.

With almost childish delight, Sidious inhaled the putrefying stench so deliciously polluting the currents of the Force. A marvelous morsel to whet his appetite, this charade of ? contention - he had engineered. Kenobi theoretically had no chance; a betting man would have placed his life on the outcome ? and had, for the would-be-Sith had forfeited his life the moment he had decided to confront the Jedi, if not at Kenobi?s hands, then at the true Sith?s hands.

So he drenched himself in the sweat, passion and fury roiling around two young men battling for their place in the shadows ? one knowingly, one not. One, a sacrifice to the devouring dark, yet believing himself favored in his lust for retribution and revenge; one, favored by the Force, yet thinking himself forsaken by it.

Would Kenobi sacrifice himself if he knew the price of winning? The light held him tightly enough yet though the coils of darkness already surrounded him.

Jinn had done this, tainted this paragon of virtue and slit the shell of compliant servitude; darkness now spilt across the
  23. obimom Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= =D=

Brilliant!- The way you finally brought it all together! I loved it! [face_dancing]

And you left me some surprises, too!

I think I'll wait and see how others vote on the BB question - you kind of know already my thoughts on it...I think. Right?

Anyway, now to figure out the rest...[face_hypnotized] [face_idea]

I want to re-read it later to savor it again...had lots of interruptions this time, but I couldn't wait for a more convenient time.

And you're welcome...glad I could help...:)

LATER: Just read it again, and again I say "Brilliant!". I loved the Palps insertions, and the tauntings really came together so chillingly.

Can't wait to see how this ends!
  24. Valiowk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So good to have another post from you, Valairy! [:D] Hope both your wrist and your cat are better now.

Great action post! :cool: Although we knew all along that Obi-Wan couldn't possibly be skewered (otherwise what story would we be left with? ;) ), it was wonderful to get an explanation of how Obi-Wan managed to defend himself during the duel.

I'll vote to have BB revealed. I think it's a good time to reveal at least one of BB and the Boss, and you seem to have something planned regarding the Boss for a future chapter, so going with BB here might not be a bad idea. :)
  25. Chortles Jedi Padawan

I've had my own assumption for a while about who "BB" is, so I'm fine with going ahead and doing the reveal.

P.S. I'm surprised that Anakin hasn't had any "training accidents" yet with the other younglings...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade