main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting update.

Who is BB?

Will Obi regain the Force and only the light side?

Yoda and Mace are there to help?
    And maybe Jinn.

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Don?t put your reveals in one basket. Spread them around and dangle them in front of us.
    It keeps the mind working, trying to discover if we are as clever as we think we are.

I have my suspicions as to who BB is, but I tend to be wrong on most occasions. (A) comes to mind[face_thinking]

Is Sidious reading the currents of the force correctly or is it his own desires that see Kenobi as his apprentice, wishful thinking on his part. It will be delicious to see Sidious tearing his hair out and screaming when Kenobi proves he is above such evil machinations.

Jinn sees the truth in his dreams and yet pushes them away. One day those nightmares will bite him on the butt.

Sids talks of Maul and Skywalker and even BB, but they lack more than intelligence and integrity all of which Obi-Wan has in abundance. He has no hatred to unchain and no resentment to hold him back, he will defeat them all because he is a true Jedi.

Well that?s just my rambling anyway, but it doesn?t count.:p

A brilliant display of a ranting and totally insane BB it is a post to savour and read without interruptions. Magnificent I love the intricate detailed wording.=D=

=D= =D=

Obimom We sometimes say tickets on yourself over here in Aussie land.What does tickets on yourself mean? It means to be conceited, or to have a high opinion of yourself - 'He's got tickets on himself ...

BB thinks Obi is full of himself.:oops:

3. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Great to have an update! Well done as usual. I think BB is Bruck. I would like to know . Thanks for the post and the pm.=D= [:D]

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    He lives! Intense and intriguing, loved reading Obi here

5. KellyLCrutcher

KellyLCrutcher Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2009
    Thanks for the updates!

=D= =D= =D= =D= *gives standing ovation* =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

I look forward to reading your next post. I'll have to read back over the thread and catch up on a lot first, though. :)

6. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I'm sorry I'm so terribly far behind in reading! I have time now though (the unfortunately side effect of having graduating but not yet having a job) and I just read the most recent chapters. I am in awe!!! I love how Obi still has his sarcasm (and memories of Qui popping up) but his situation seems a bit dire at the moment - I hope Dooku gets back soon!! The quick bit where Qui was dreaming was great too, and the "shrine" scene was chilling! I can't wait to read more!

7. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    Hello,

love still the story, I had some problems with my computer, and last new it crashed. Now I at a friends house to use her computer.

So I´m still here and love to read the next chapter

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Next time, personal replies, 'kay? I sweated this one out, had internet problems, was on vacation...and decided the action was as good as it was going to get. So if I'm now locked into one scenario - well, I've written myself into a corner time and time again. ;)

So if anyone notices any discrepancies (like, how'd he get there if he had been there) - just pop me a PM or note in your posts.

ALSO, if anyone did not get a PM who asked for it - my apologies and let me know.

Chapter 62. Playing Dirty

Force give me strength.

Obi-Wan sent a silent plea to that ancient power to which he was self-pledged: strength to win or strength to die, either one, whatever its will - but strength to do its will as a Jedi, honorably and in the light. Strength to resist the siren call of what he feared was darkness, imploring him to willingly plunge with heart and soul into its bottomless depths ? a promise of victory but at a cost he was not willing to pay.

Never again the darkness.

?Oof!? The breath whistled past his teeth as a heavy foot slammed into his side. If it took his death to resist the dark, he would allow death to claim him, but did it have to hurt so much?

But the Force did not respond to his plea: it did not invigorate him, it did not surge through his cells with revitalizing power nor did it cushion the blows. It was over, or soon to be. He had put up a good fight but he just didn?t have much left within him; without the Force he had tired rapidly, its endless source of energy denied him.

I am ready to accept what you will give, but I will not command you. He would not seek its buoyant power if the sole purpose was to gain it only to gain dominion over another.

Obi-Wan gritted his teeth as the heavy foot this time twisted and grounded into his back: it would bruise, but a bruise was preferable to a perforation by blade. Bruises were impermanent; idly he wondered if they would still shadow his body when he was on his funeral pyre, these marks of ignominy, of failure.

You fool; fight. He didn?t want to die.

Nor fall to darkness.

His fingers opened and closed spasmodically; his instinct for survival fighting his soul?s desire to remain untainted whatever the cost, his mind prodding at him and his mind retorting. Dimly, discouraged and in despair, he wondered if he could even Fall; the Force could not so easily be twisted to evil when it did not even flow through him.

What harm, then, in resistance?

While that did not give him much needed physical strength, it fueled his determination not to give in, not to give up. Not yet, not ever. As long as there was breath left within him, he would fight back. Die if he must, but die fighting until the end.

?If I die, I will die at your hand, but damned by no one,? Obi-Wan grunted; gathering what little strength he possessed for one ? possibly last ? move. Strength was not in his body, but strength was within him ? the strength of Hope. His eyes slid sideways, seeking ? anything. Sagging shelves with what appeared to be heavy containers, ancient relics from a time gone by ? if he could just ? but they were too far, so he dismissed them to a corner of his mind and kept looking?implements aplenty yet equally out of reach and thus useless ? and then he saw it. Saw Hope, a dull glint almost within reach, half buried in muck and slime and he knew: the Force was with him, if not within him. The Force would not trick him. Desert him, it had, but not entirely ? and the Force would never play dirty. No, there was a reason he was lying on the ground, cheek pressed into the dirt.

The Force would not save him, but, it seemed, it would give him the means to save himself.

All he had to do was reach for it.

His fingers crept out, a slow slide towards possible salvation, masking the movement with seemingly futile and desperate attempts to shake the other man off, anything to keep his atte

9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah, you kept pretty much the original idea you had - except - he killed an innocent tiny little kitling? :_| instead of the mother? How could BB be so cruel? I was glad the mother lashed out at him...poor thing. I almost was in tears when he did that.

This chapter came together brilliantly - the sequence of events flowed and made sense.

BB's taunts about the dark side to Obi-Wan are worrisome because it plays right into Obi-Wan's fears. I know it's harder for him not having the force, but I do hope Obi-Wan will be able to overcome this.

Now we have to wait till the next chapter to find out the result of that fireball.

Come on, Dooku!

[face_worried] =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a fireball:eek: Dooku to the rescue.

Poor kittling:_|

And Obi-Wan staying true to the light:)

Great update=D==D=

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Sad to say, but sometimes there has to be a victim, before the body can accept that to fight is the only way
    to stop the carnage.:_|

It does appear that BB has met his match, and has swung his sabre in the wrong direction. Fireballs are hard to escape from when you are filled with rage and confusion like BB is.[face_shame_on_you]

You have left an opening for us never to know who BB actually is, for if he dies what does it matter who he was. Except for our sanity and curiosity.o_O

Poor Obi-Wan always on the receiving end of pain and suffering.O:) =D=

Excellent post, well worth the wait.[face_love]

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Great to see another post from you, Valairy. I liked the action scene very much, especially the part with BB taunting Obi-Wan - I found Obi-Wan's fears upon hearing the taunts very realistic, and am glad that he managed to control himself very well given the tense scenario.

I wonder if the fireball will claim anyone? (Hopefully not any more kitlings!) :eek:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    obimom: BB's taunts about the dark side to Obi-Wan are worrisome because it plays right into Obi-Wan's fears. I know it's harder for him not having the force, but I do hope Obi-Wan will be able to overcome this. You don't think he took a stand, then - like Luke throwing away his lightsaber?

earlybird-obi-wan: I don't think I could write an Obi-Wan straying from the light, other than temptation.

Gilkenny: It does appear that BB has met his match, and has swung his sabre in the wrong direction. Fireballs are hard to escape from when you are filled with rage and confusion like BB is. Well, one would think one could not survive a lightsaber poked in one's stomach, either. Just saying.

Valiowk: I found Obi-Wan's fears upon hearing the taunts very realistic, and am glad that he managed to control himself very well given the tense scenario. That's our Obi-Wan!

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    (My son helped me with the quote thing)

Anyway, of course he made a stand! He fought back and resisted...I expect nothing less from our Obi - I was thinking more of his thoughts - his self doubts. He would never turn, but would thoughts of those taunts haunt him? Make him wonder if they could in any way be true, even just a little..thats what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clearer on that. Did I make sense? [face_worried]

BTW - I love this line..it may be one of my favs...(she..the feline..was) Coiled and curled in an furiously unhappy ball...that just describes an angry kitty so perfectly...:p

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obimom: BTW - I love this line..it may be one of my favs...(she..the feline..was) Coiled and curled in an furiously unhappy ball...that just describes an angry kitty so perfectly... [face_laugh] Oh, yeah - as my part-Siamese demonstrates from time to time.

Well, it appears I'm down to four faithful readers [:D]. Thanks guys. So I'll give you a surprise - a new update.

Chapter 63. The Fiery Breath of Hell

?You can?t purify my soul with flames, Obi-Wan, I ? feed on ? on fire ? and ? and brimstone!? Two eyes sizzled with hatred from within an inferno. Man, voice, and eyes slowly melted behind a curtain of smoke. An accusing finger jabbed out of the swirls and stabbed at the Jedi.

?You ? you wear your weapon and I saw it ? not?? A triumphant cackle gurgled into a gleeful giggle, rising in a crescendo of hate before swallowed by silence.

Shaking himself from the moment of startled horror, Obi-Wan hurtled forward. There was no thought of self preservation, only joint preservation as the smoke spun and shifted, obscuring and revealing in turn. Flames, flames enveloping the man who had done his best to kill him? He was sent stumbling backwards by the shock wave of suddenly exploding ancient canisters, a cacophony of horror spitting in all directions.

Knocked off his feet, the Jedi?s mouth thinned as he huddled with his arms upraised to protect his head, crouching on his knees until the bombardment ceased. Reminiscent as it was of the time he and his friends had used the Force to heat grain kernels and pepper unsuspecting fellow initiates with fluffy treats, this was no prank and no game, no harmless application of lessons unwittingly inspired by Master Yoda. These containers were projectiles and their contents unknown, possibly volatile, and quite possibly toxic.

So close, he fretted, so close as he squeezed his eyes shut from the wash of heat.

The shoulder had been almost beneath his hand, so close: his fingers had brushed fabric. So close. Keeping low to the ground, the Jedi desperately reached forward once more, hoping to once again touch a hand, a shoulder, even a piece of clothing. He felt nothing, except heat; heard nothing, except the crackling of flames.

Qui-Gon Jinn paced. It irritated him no end; he did not pace to release stress. He meditated. But the Force rarely soothed him these days. Only once recently had it brought great peace, but its peace had then been followed by a tempest. And now ?

He tugged at his collar. ?Anakin, have you been messing about with the temperature controls?? He was sweating, he could almost see flames surrounding him ? and checked the thermostat. It read normal.

?No, Master.? Anakin came trailing out of his room dragging his blanket behind him - and rubbing his head as well, strands of his short hair tousled and unruly. Young ones. He almost smiled and shook his head. Xan and Obi-Wan had rarely displayed such charming childishness - except when sick and then it had most definitely not been charming ? why, he remembered a scratchy-voiced padawan, rubbing his eyes and announcing, ?I?m tired of resting in bed, Master. May I stay out here, pleeeaase??

Of course, he had been stern in his no. A padawan who was sick needed his bed, not his master to coddle him.

Looking much younger than his fourteen years, Obi-Wan had meekly nodded and turned back to his room when he said no, dragging that damn blanket behind him. Not until his fever abated had Qui-Gon allowed his restless padawan the freedom to roam their quarters ? and that had been mainly to keep an eye on the boy while he caught up with his class notes.

No, he wasn?t going to be taken in by flushed and heated skin from a hot towel, such a convenient excuse to lounge about, as he had been taken in by Xan. If a padawan whined and begged to escape his bed, said padawan would be promptly sent to classes.

He frowned at the memory.

?Are you sick, Padawan?? He winced at the ha

16. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Very nice, Obi rescued, not that he can't fight for himself :D Love the last line, lol!

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hmm- it appears my comment didn't take. Anyway...Loved this chapter!! it surprised me you ended it where you did..I was expecting the rest..but this is a good place.

Loved Obi-Wan and the cat and kitlings..very touching and poignant. That mama knows who her friend is...[face_love]

Poor Obi - what is going to happen now.

Also interesting that Qui-Gon sensed heat adn something going on, but didn't connect it to Obi...how typical he thinks it's all about Ani...:rolleyes:

Loved this...Can't wait for more. =D=

Oh, apologies in advance if my first post inexplicably shows up...[face_blush]

18. paradoxigal

paradoxigal Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm a first time poster. I discovered your story on fanfiction.net, and upon learning there was more here, I decided to log on for the first time in years. Thanks for providing me with hours of enjoyment/procrastination. I can't wait for the next chapter!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes[face_dancing] Obi rescued all, even the man who tried to kill him.

And the kittens Loved that scene.

Officials [face_not_talking] Everywhere the same.

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Very good=D= On the edge of my chair, Obi-Wan is everything I believe him to be.
    The very best Jedi there is. O:)

21. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Oh very nice indeed! =D= Loved the suspense. [:D] So Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan still seem to be connected somehow but Qui-Gon is too dense to realize it.

22. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm so proud of Obi-Wan - to rescue both his enemy and the cat!

It breaks my heart that Qui-Gon is still clearly closely connected to Obi-Wan - I think the fact that Qui-Gon was sweating and could almost see flames surrounding him says everything - yet still doesn't understand that that this is the case, or that the occasional positive memory he has of Obi-Wan is perfectly valid...

And hurray for Dooku's firm words! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. TheJediExile

TheJediExile Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    Ok, I finally broke down and made an account to comment on this story.... I love it! it is so fantastic! I read throught the first 50 chapters in a night... so it is safe to say I am addicted to it :D lol. Please continue the wonderful progress, I look forward to another action packed chapter![face_dancing]

The Jedi Exile

P.S. Obi-Wan is the best [face_love]

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Serendipity: Very nice, Obi rescued, not that he can't fight for himself. That?s what I was aiming for, a combination of good luck and skill to save Obi-Wan. He WAS at a disadvantage but he was able to make the most of what he had available ? that is to say ? brains and physical skills.

Obimom: Yeah, I ended it there because it was a logical spot.

Paradoxigal: Love the name! You?re very welcome.

Earlybird-obi-wan: Yup, Obi tried to rescue everyone. It?s in his nature.

Gkilkenny: Our Obi isn?t perfect, but he is everything we believe him to be and everything the Jedi Order hopes its knights are ? compassionate, thoughtful and forgiving ? and damn good in a fight.

The1stJedPrincess: So Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan still seem to be connected somehow but Qui-Gon is too dense to realize it. Umm, not dense, really, but the connection is misfiring. Or overlain. Or something.

Valiowk: It breaks my heart that Qui-Gon is still clearly closely connected to Obi-Wan - I think the fact that Qui-Gon was sweating and could almost see flames surrounding him says everything - yet still doesn't understand that that this is the case, or that the occasional positive memory he has of Obi-Wan is perfectly valid... Well, there?s the Master Qui-Gon who is very fond of his padawan and then there?s the overlay upon that which has him convinced that Obi-Wan was a fraud and a sham. One should be grateful that some part of the true Qui-Gon lives on and is seeking an outlet.

The JediExile: Hi and welcome! 50 chapters in one night :eek: ? you must have never gotten to bed that night. Been there, done that. [face_whistling]

[:D] for the noms. You've all helped write this story with your questions and comments. Thank you.

Chapter 64. Oy Vey, What a Day

It was to have been a day of fresh beginnings. It had instead turned into a day of near tragedy. And not a few ?what-ifs? and ?why-fors.?

After making sure young Kenobi was in need of sleep far more than any other attention and ensuring it would be a restful, albeit short, one, Dooku had left the young man abed. He had promised there would be no cleaning of body or clothes and the constabulary droid left in the corner would be his proof of such.

He had then returned outdoors and studied the scene under the watchful eye of the droids, but like so much, it did not speak to him, so he had returned to the residence and poured himself a drink while waiting for the constabulary speeder. He stood behind the desk now, staring inwardly rather than to the outer world, detachedly admiring it.

Like all else in the home, it was magnificent, the workmanship top notch. The connoisseur in him appreciated what he was leaving behind. He ran a hand over the fine wood.

No regrets, he told himself sternly. Objects ? things, they weren?t important, but then they never had been to him. Principles ? ah, those had been what he had always held most dear ? sometimes to the detriment of other things, other people?how much richer his relationship with Qui-Gon might have been had he valued him more and principles less. Was it too late now? Strange, that his padawan?s estrangement from his own padawan had ultimately led to this wish to grow closer.

Without this ? epiphany of self-realization - he would have grown further away from him ? and grown towards ? what?

Arrogance? Disdain? Away from the Order, away from the Force? Insulated in a cold little cocoon of self-congratulation and sheer conceit that his principles trumped all else and perhaps, ultimately, even the Force itself?

His was a tidy mind: too concerned with the meticulous stacking of ridiculous boxes that contained what it held ? standards of proper behavior, for one ? into perfectly aligned, neat little piles like an academician too attuned to perfect theories to feel comfortable in and thus scornful of a world full of human foibles. Qui-Gon was untidy, spilling hither and yon, too attuned

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, Yoda, Mace and Dooku are getting somewhere with these thoughts. Love to see the development.
    And Anakin? Just a pawn in someones clutches?

Nice update and congrats on the noms