main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Even Jedi Cry. Drama AU Author note added 121411

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Bkcbookworm

Bkcbookworm Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2007
    OOOooooooohhhhhh, this story is really getting good! Please please please update soon!! :)

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is so good- I need more to read while I am stuck home in bed

more?

more?

3. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    What a vile brat Anakin already is. The way you've wrote him makes me want to hit him so hard that he will end up back on Tatooine. After this little episode, I can see him being kicked out of the Temple and Qui Gon leaving the Jedi to train him (which raises all manner of intriguing possibilities). The two of them definitely deserve eachother.

Look forward to an update.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bkcbookworm: Please please please update soon!! Eh, what?s that you say? Update?okay.

PadawanKitara: Are you sick? Cyber-chicken-soup[face_chicken] coming your way!

My, my, such demanding readers (and I LOVE it). Okay?.and I?ve got enough of a handle on the plot if not all the details that the story shouldn?t be delayed over much (I?ve been able to work in the hints and foreshadowing I foresee as integral to the still-developing plot)

Darth_Nellie: What a vile brat Anakin already is. The way you've wrote him makes me want to hit him so hard that he will end up back on Tatooine. After this little episode, I can see him being kicked out of the Temple Well, I admit a teeny tiny part of the inspiration for this story was to go all out on Anakin's brattiness and Qui's callousness towards Obi-Wan and get it out of my system. :D On the other hand, I don't want to go into caricature on anyone; I'm just exaggerating certain characteristics.

That being said, if you don't like Anakin now - oh, boy, are you in for a surprise, and an unpleasant one at that. He's been well-behaved so far.

How no one catches on...the great mysteries of life.

Time to get ominous....

Chapter 7. The Wounds of War

Mace cursed under his breath as he shifted the unconscious Jedi to get a better hold on him. ?Call a healer; I saw an empty bed next door,? he snapped, and carried the young man into the next room and deposited him on the bed, yanking off his boots and bending over the young man.

?Padawan,? he called, but there was no response. He frowned. ?Obi-Wan?? He was pressing his fingers to the young Jedi?s temples when a healer hurried in.

?This is the other Jedi,? he said, narrowing his eyes. ?How long has he been like this??

?He just now collapsed,? Mace returned; his stern stare almost seemed to impale the healer. ?You didn?t think to ask him if he was hurt? You just assumed he was okay??

The healer did not look offended at the sharp tone as he bent over the prone form. ?Of course I asked. He said he was not injured; only a bit bruised and exhausted. I had no reason to doubt him and since we are understaffed and overrun with wounded from the camps, I took him at his word. Would you have done different??

Mace dropped his head. ?No. You?re right. He merely looked exhausted, or so I assumed.? He watched as the healer checked Obi-Wan?s vital signs, lifted a slack eyelid, all the while throwing a running commentary over his shoulder to the watching Jedi.

?Temperature a bit low?blood pressure, too. Probably dehydrated ? I don?t think he?s left the other Jedi?s side except once or twice. Respiration is fine, so?s his heart. Okay, let?s get him out of those clothes if you don?t mind lending a hand.?

Mace supported the young man?s torso as the healer quickly stripped the tunics off the unresponsive padawan, revealing raw red skin bordered by puffy white blisters alongside his ribs just above his waist where a lightsaber had scored his side. The wound was more burn than penetrating; much to Mace?s relief little skin was actually charred.

The Jedi master understood why it hadn?t been visible ? Obi-Wan practiced a highly athletic style of lightsaber combat. The lightsaber must have scraped across his side as his tunic had lifted in some aerial motion, leaving the tunic itself untouched.
    The healer proceeded to check the young Jedi?s body thoroughly and completely for any other wounds that may have been concealed, finding only strange burn like marks on his fingers and palms and several bruises ? on his hip, one arm, and his jaw. He treated the large wound with bacta and wrapped his chest, then set up an IV to drip nutrients into the weakened body.

?I?ll be back to check on him shortly and we?ll run some tests. We?ve critical patients in greater need at the moment. The wounded from the camps are still flooding in.? He passed Yoda on his way out.

Mace stood silently, eyes bleak and hooded as he

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    ?At least he has a future.?

Yoda blinked and closed his eyes. He suddenly felt every year of his nearly nine hundred.

?Obi-Wan, he is strong?the Jedi of whom I spoke ? lived long he did not. Too much damage to his mind there was ? found a way to die, he did. Wanted peace and sanity, found it he did by returning home to the Force.?
    [face_praying]

please let Obi-Wan have a future[face_praying]

Great update and congrats with your colours.=D==D=

6. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= Fantastic job. Poor, poor Obi-Wan...

"?Obi-Wan, he is strong?the Jedi of whom I spoke ? lived long he did not. Too much damage to his mind there was ? found a way to die, he did. Wanted peace and sanity, found it he did by returning home to the Force.?" I loved this line; it hints a lot at the dark times to come.

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hmmmm... [face_thinking]

So Qui thought of Obi when he first woke up, did he?

Yoda?

Why wasn?t it Obi-Wan?s hand?

?Here, Mace and I have come, to learn more of the Sith that Obi-Wan slew ? the one who nearly slew you.?

A Sith? A momentary panic overcame him. Obi-Wan? But no, Yoda said Obi-Wan slew the Sith. He had survived the encounter. Thank the Force.

But why couldn?t he remember?

And then right after that, he forgets all about Obi again and only cares about Anakin, just like he did when he was dying earlier.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes, pulling from his memory. Naboo, yes, the Council had sent him and his padawan to protect the Queen ? there had been a battle ? yes, he remembered reaching out to Anakin - he had been dying ? he remembered dying and then there was the Force flooding him? it had given him, was giving him the strength to ?

?Anakin! Anakin saved me,? he said with utter certainty. ?Only he could - is he?okay??
    [face_thinking] So maybe he was flooded with the dark side without realizing it. (One can only hope he didn't mean to be so horrible to poor Obi on purpose, after all :() Anakin, on the other hand... [face_beatup]

And earlier:

If only those same drugs muted the agonizing pain in his head ? had red hot claws ripped through his mind, cell by cell? [face_thinking] Hmmm... Did Maul do something during the fight that affected Qui's head? Gave him a lobotomy while Obi wasn't looking? [face_devil] Or maybe Anakin did (and is still doing) something to Qui, and we'll eventually find out that he's a Sith-spawned demon-child. [face_skull]

And now I'm really worried for poor Obi after Yoda's comment at the end, nooo! [face_worried] :_|

8. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Oh no, I missed one chapter!:(
    Both were really good (though I do hope that you don't try to hint that Obi-Wan will have suicidal thoughts there[face_worried] [face_shame_on_you] !).
    And Anakin is really getting on my nerves here[face_frustrated]... evil bugger.

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Qui-Gon?s so called Chosen one has inflicted some pain already and he?s only nine years old.[face_worried]

Qui-Gon seemed to have flashes of Obi-Wan for a moment and then he can only think of the boy.:eek: Has he got his wires crossed. 8-}

I certainly hope that Anakin hasn?t latched onto Qui-Gon?s severed bond and insinuated his own selfish desires into a weak and vulnerable Qui-Gon. [face_shame_on_you]

Yoda is right, they better watch the little devil closely and keep him away from Obi-Wan. Who knows what damage he might do to our poor Obi.:_|

I?m loving Mace in this. I hope he has a chance to tell Qui-Gon what an idiot he is.o_O

Congratulations on your WINS Well done.@};- [:D] =D=

10. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Oh no, poor Obi-Wan! Qui needs to get his act together and realize what what he's done. Sorry for the short reply, but I'm in a bit of a hurry...I look forward to reading more! :)

11. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    OMG! I love this. Keep it comin'=D=

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I hope Qui Gon suffers as much as my back pain is making me suffer- no, make it more! You really paint him as having sith-like thoughts

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Earlybird-Obi-Wan: please let Obi-Wan have a future ? oh, he does, but what ind of future is the question. [face_thinking]

TheMacUnleashed: I loved this line; it hints a lot at the dark times to come. Lots of dark times, you are right.

Bastet: And then right after that, he forgets all about Obi again and only cares about Anakin, just like he did when he was dying earlier. Yup, eerie coincidence or ??

Hmmm... Did Maul do something during the fight that affected Qui's head? Gave him a lobotomy while Obi wasn't looking? Or maybe Anakin did (and is still doing) something to Qui, and we'll eventually find out that he's a Sith-spawned demon-child.

Umm, oh dear and ah, no. Both Obi and Qui are suffering from the bond breakage. As to the other part of your questions [face_talk_hand] ? not speaking.

GeneralKenobi7: do hope that you don't try to hint that Obi-Wan will have suicidal thoughts there [face_thinking] Now there?s a thought?.

Gkilkenny: Has he got his wires crossed. Weeeeeeell, change the pronoun and you might have a glimmer of the truth.

I certainly hope that Anakin hasn?t latched onto Qui-Gon?s severed bond and insinuated his own selfish desires into a weak and vulnerable Qui-Gon. [face_whistling] Sorta, not really, perhaps in a way.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SPECULATIONS ? I LOVE IT!!!!

Dimyavie: Qui will not get his act together for a long time ? if ever.

Charie: Oh, there?s more, always more.

PadawanKitara: Sith-like thoughts? Umm, no, just very single-minded thoughts. He?s totally focused on 1: nurturing the Force?s Chosen One and 2. Nurturing a small, vulnerable boy (a ?pathetic life form?) who?s had a horrible life and desires some love and attention. I mean, really ? what?s wrong with Qui for doing that?

14. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW! I am very happy to have just recently stumbled upon this fanfic.

Amazing update(s), and for some sick reason I am enjoying the complicated relationship of Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon and I am very interested to see how it evolves. (even if I want to push Qui-Gon off a ledge)

I do hope to see more of the Mace/Obi interaction I believe those two work well together and I am very happy to find a fic that explores their relationship even if its AU.

I do however want to strangle Ani...however that is probably what you are going for....

Looking forward to more :)

-Ganki

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ganki: For some sick reason I am enjoying the complicated relationship of Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon [you've just joined the Obi-torture fan club ;))and I am very interested to see how it evolves. (even if I want to push Qui-Gon off a ledge)

I do hope to see more of the Mace/Obi interaction ... you'll see a lot of it in this fic.

I do however want to strangle Ani...however that is probably what you are going for....oh indeed, there's times I'd like to strangle the little brat myself so I'm doing it in a figurative sense as an author.Looking forward to more :)

I know Qui and Ani are totally unsympathetic at this point (understatement of the year :p but there's hope for at least one of them as we go along.

PM's later - it's my morning break and I'll send at lunch time. Note: Vivid_Scripts you have some old unopened PMs from me so I cannot PM you.

Chapter 8. In Pursuit of Answers

?Anything??

?Nothing that sheds light; for answers we must still seek.?

Mace and Yoda split their time, keeping vigil at the medical center and interviewing all involved, however peripheral that involvement had been.

The Force was as silent as the witnesses were voluble, neither providing any useful information. Any explanation as to what had actually transpired between the two Jedi could only come from the actual participants to the battle and its aftermath, the explanation yet locked in silence.

It was more coincidence than planning that had Mace primarily in charge of communicating with the Council and spending time at the bedside of the two injured Jedi while Yoda spent the bulk of his time gathering information and enlightenment from the Force.

Or so Mace claimed.

Dealing with Jar Jar Binks and the Gungans had strained the Jedi master?s patience; his normally dour expression a glower.

?Bombad fiercesomeness,? Jar Jar had wailed to Boss Nass after one of Mace?s trying attempts to ascertain how he had perceived the interactions between the two Jedi and ?little Ani.? ?Meesa prefer tiny green one wit da big ears.?

Within earshot, Mace had actually gone so far as to grin ? internally. He would be happy to cooperate: he would let Yoda deal with the infernal racket of a screeching semi-aquatic creature - his ears were less sensitive to the screeches ? those ears no doubt diffused some of the frequency waves over a larger area thus diminishing the impact. True or not, it was a handy rationalization that served his purpose.

After some time it was quickly decided to have the entire Council - along with a Jedi healer ? come to Naboo, as neither Jedi was yet in shape to travel to the Temple.

The demands of a severely wounded body kept Qui-Gon asleep for hours at a time, his time awake brief and usually when Anakin was at his side. Obi-Wan lay huddled within misery, body wracked with occasional tremors whether awake or asleep. Fatigue and shock had silenced the usually dry-witted padawan other than for soft whimpers that escaped too-taut lips.

Why?

?Why, Obi-Wan?? Mace sat at Obi-Wan?s bedside after some time spent at Qui-Gon?s. He studied the bruised skin around his closed eyes, the flexing of his fingers that nearly always predicated the onslaught of some sort of muscular contractions.

Why was Obi-Wan plagued with physical spasms from a broken bond?

Why was the bond severed so violently at all, and by whom? Why had a padawan with little training in healing been able to keep alive one who had been fatally wounded, or nearly so?

Why, why, why. Why?

Too many questions had too few answers. Clearly, past decisions had to be made or revisited, perhaps reversed. Yoda and Mace would not take the responsibility on themselves ? too much was at stake.

Anakin Skywalker ? should their decision stand not to train him?

No one, not one, denied he had been instrumental in the battle. The destruction of the droid control ship had been one of two pivotal points in the successful assault to regain cont

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Obi:_|:_| with Mace helping him. Can they restore his connection to the Force?

A great update seeing the emotions from Mace and Obi.=D==D==D=

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= Brilliant chapter here. I enjoyed the angst far more than I should have. Again, poor Obi-Wan -life never really lets up for him, does it?

18. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    A heartbreaking post!

I really hope Obi pulls through and "little Annie" has a can of whoop a** served upon him....

Thanks for the PM :)

EG

19. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent.=D=

Now Mace has a better understanding of what happened on Obi-Wan's part.[face_idea]
    It appears that Obi-Wan acted like the true Jedi he is.O:)

I wonder if Mace can slip under Qui-Gon's shields and see what happened
    from his POV.[face_not_talking]

Haa don't make me laugh.o_O if that happened there wouldn't be such an angsty story in the making.:_|
    Qui-Gon has a secret and he wont let Mace in there to see it.[face_shhh]

Amnesia is always a good back stop.:oops: 'I don't remember that!'

Me I'm such a sweet master!:p Yeah right Qui-Gon.[face_beatup]

20. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    Very nicely done. Glad that I found the story! Please update soon.
    I´m new here so, Please add me to said PM list.

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Poor Obi-Wan! :_|

I'm just really glad Mace and Yoda are there for him, since That Man has abandoned him, taking the force away from him in the process! :mad: Such cruelty! :_|

Wonderfully angsty post, Valairy, I'm really looking forward to more! [face_love]

22. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Amazing!!! Love ,love ,love this.[face_love]

23. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Finally caught up with this. Me thinks this is an evil Ani story. Anikan somehow took over Qui-Gon's mind and incapacitated Obi-Wan. 8-} At least that's my take on things. I guess time will tell if I'm right or not. So far this story is like watching a train wreck. You know it's going to be painful and horrible, but you just can't make yourself look away. Please add me to your PM list! I'm signed on for the duration.

24. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ?Bombad fiercesomeness,?
    [face_laugh] That puts it rather well...

How could Qui-Gon blind Obi-Wan to the Force??:confused: I thought that wasn't even possible...

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Earlybird-Obi-Wan: Can they restore his connection to the Force?
    Nope, only the Force and Obi-Wan himself can do so.

TheMacUnleashed: Brilliant chapter here. I enjoyed the angst far more than I should have. Again, poor Obi-Wan -life never really lets up for him, does it? How else can we comfort poor Obi? He needs to carry the weight of the galaxy upon his shoulders - the Force is just strengthening him for the burdens to come. [face_talk_hand]

EGKenobi: I really hope Obi pulls through and "little Annie" has a can of whoop a** served upon him.... I don't know about the "whoop a**" as I haven't written anything like that. But I agree with the sentiment. Let's hope someone can straighten this little bully. Who knows - maybe Obi will. Or Yoda. Or the Force....

Gkilkenny: Now Mace has a better understanding of what happened on Obi-Wan's part. It appears that Obi-Wan acted like the true Jedi he is. Oh, he faltered a bit - heck he touched and used the dark side for a moment after Qui's "death" - but he ultimately pulled himself back and was, ahem, rather nicely rewarded for that (though not by Qui).

Such actions may, however, come back to haunt him. The dark side does not easily let go once one has started down the path.

I wonder if Mace can slip under Qui-Gon's shields and see what happened
    from his POV.
    Hmmm, interesting thought. However - no.

Littleobiwankenobi: I?m happy to add you to the PM list.

Bastet: I'm just really glad Mace and Yoda are there for him, since That Man has abandoned him, taking the force away from him in the process!

That Man has only listened and followed the Will of the Force. :rolleyes:As a TV character once said: "Watcha talkin' about, Willis"?

Charie: Amazing!!! Love ,love ,love this. Ah, I think you like it. ;)

P_stotts: Me thinks this is an evil Ani story. Anikan somehow took over Qui-Gon's mind and incapacitated Obi-Wan. Shhhhhh.[face_talk_hand] Er. Sure, sounds good.

GeneralKenobi7: How could Qui-Gon blind Obi-Wan to the Force??

He can?t and he didn?t. Remember, this is from Obi?s POV and he?s just had his mind (and body) blown by both the Force and the severance of the bond. He?s reeling physically and mentally. He only thinks Qui-Gon did this to him. More likely the Force did it or he did it to himself. [face_not_talking]