main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Even More of Requiem for a Padawan: A Jedi Apprentice Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jan 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    This is getting ridiculous.

2. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    JOWK we've tried threats, we've tried begging, some of us have even tried being nice, vey nice even. What do we have to do to get you to post again?? What do we have to do??

Please post again soon.

3. space case

space case Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 1999
    Let's be nice to JOWK. If we would offer JOWK chocolate chip cookies do you think JOWK would write. Maybe Wookie cookies.

4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    More <sniffle> please???? <sob>

<franntically waves all of her old TA notes, class notes, problem sets, texts, and Bachelor's degree up at JOWK> Look! I'm even offering you my degree! It's not that old--and it's a PHYSICS B.S.! With a math minor, even! And if you want to earn your own, I'll give you all my old notes, etc., to help you get it! Look, I've got Diff Eq., Quantum, Particles, Math Phys, Math Anal, Optics and Waves, Mechanics, E & M, etc.,...it's all still here! Just please give us more story!!!

OK?

5. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    doesn't it scarec you too see that there are over a hundred posts here........and only one of them is a chapter.........

POST!

6. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    This is cuttin' close...

NOW I ONLY HAVE 11 MORE DAYS!!!

actually... make that 10 for good measure.....

7. Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi

Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    *Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi hauls a kicking and screaming Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi into her thread, roughly shoving her to the ground*

I found her! Here she is right now. Do I get a cookie?

8. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    *Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi cowers on the floor and throws her arms skyward, yelling at the top of her lungs*
    I?M SORRY!!!
    Really. Between college, homework, and my job, I only have so much time. I don?t do this on purpose My ?real life? just gets in the way. I am truly sorry about how long it takes me to post Now, I know that apologizing doesn?t make the fact that I made you wait so long any better, and I?d allow you to torture me as I have Obi-Wan in this story to make up for it, but my parents pay too much my college to allow for the depression, insanity, and recovery time. Besides, I can?t write anything else if all I want to do is play with my stuffed animals

I am truly going to miss working on this story. When I posted the first chapter of this, I was just hoping that a few people would like it. I never would have believed that I would enjoy writing fiction as much as I have since then. And a large part of that is the warm, encouraging responses that I have received from you, my readers. I cannot adequately express the extent of my appreciation. Thank you. This story would not be what it is without your comments, suggestions, questions, bribes, death threats, offers, and begging. After all, there is nothing like guilt for motivation

By the way, in the case that anyone might be interested, I have started another Jedi Apprentice story. It?s called Tomb of Souls and you can find it right here: Forum9/HTML/001678.html Forum9/HTML/001678.html The first chapter will be up soon, and no, I am not kidding when I say that

And finally, here it is.

The end of Requiem for a Padawan.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi (edited 02-11-2000).]

9. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Someday
    When my life has passed me by
    I?ll lay around and wonder why
    You were always there for me

Chapter Twenty Four

Warm.

He yawned.

Warm.

He turned over onto his back.

Warm.

He smiled contentedly.

So warm.

Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi awoke slowly, staring blankly at the ceiling above him as he gradually began to feel the soft material of the pillows that were under his head and the blankets that were covering his body. Several moments passed until he perceived that he was enjoying the fact that he was warm, until he discovered that he was somewhat aware of his thoughts. As soon as he noticed that he was semiconscious, Obi-Wan instinctively pulled the covers closer to his body and closed his eyes again, purposely willing himself back to sleep. No. Not going to get up, the young Jedi told himself firmly. Not now. Don?t want to. Not leaving. Nice and warm. Yes. Warm. Should sleep. Need to sleep more. Sleep now. Sleepy. Tired....... He yawned again. Even after sleeping for quite some time, Obi-Wan was still tired; he could feel the fatigue that he?d become accustomed to pulling on him, sitting in the back of his mind and calmly waiting for him to given into it once more. But for whatever reason, his exhaustion wasn?t as bad as he remembered. While he let the warmth that he felt crawl over his arms and chest, Obi-Wan admitted to himself that he actually felt much less tired than he had been used to feeling lately, that his weariness no longer had such a stranglehold on him that he wouldn?t be able to push it away if he desired. Yes, I can get up if I want to. Not that tired anymore......no. But I don?t. I don?t want to. No. Not getting up. I?m warm. Want to sleep. Going back to sleep now. Right now. He exhaled slowly and cleared his mind as he tried for several minutes to drift back into complete unconsciousness, uneasily fidgeting as he attempted to regain the serenity that he had experienced only moments before. Annoyed that he didn?t seem to be succeeding, the Jedi Padawan sighed in frustration. I don?t understand. What?s going on? Why can?t I sleep more now? I was just asleep-I?m tired. Why not? What?s wrong? He blinked rapidly and harshly rubbed his eyes once he had closed them again. Light, Obi-Wan realized sluggishly. Yes. It?s not dark. There?s light in here. I can see it......feel it on my face. That?s why it?s not working. I can?t sleep with the light on. But I never let light into my room when I?m sleeping...... Puzzled, he quickly opened his eyes and immediately looked for the offending source of illumination. Once his gaze found the large window on the wall behind him, he stared at it uncomprehendingly, watching the bright yellow sunlight that was filtering into the room skip and dance over the glittering buildings of the unending city beneath him. The Jedi Apprentice followed the heavy traffic traversing the bright blue sky with his eyes as he thought. Where.....where am I? Buildings..... City......Coruscant? Yes. Of course. That?s right. I?ve seen that before. That?s Coruscant. And......I?ve seen this same view somewhere before now. The same exact view. Many times when I was standing there-when I was-but that means that-is it- Suddenly Obi-Wan turned his head and discovered that he knew exactly where he was as he looked at the room that he had been sleeping in.

My room.

I?m in my room. My old room. Yes. It?s my room. Really. Even with the few possessions that he used to have decorating his room missing, he was still able to recognize his particular room in the Jedi Temple after having lived in it over six years. As the last remnants of sleep fell away from his mind, Obi-Wan sat up in his bed and examined his surroundings again while he confirmed that he was in his assigned quarters at the Temple. Yes, my old room, he realized happily as he jolted into complete awareness. It?s my room. My room. Mine. On Coruscant.....in the Temple. I?m in the Temple. I?m in the Temple now. Again. Obi-Wan broke into a wide gri

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    WHERE????? I Can't see it!!!!!

Oh there! Oh my gosh!!!!!!
    runs around the room screaming while her little sister looks at her in complete amazment

Thankyou JoWK Thatnkyou, that was a coool ending. Awesome. Thankyou! Thankyou!!! Thankyou!!!!

Kithera

[This message has been edited by Kit' (edited 02-11-2000).]

11. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Thank you, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. That was a beautiful ending to a beautiful story.

Have you noticed you write about young Obi-Wan's life better than the "official" people - Jude Watson...? Really, after reading all these wonderful works here at this forum, I simply CAN'T think of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon without remembering this story, and others. Well, good luck on your next story!*

*(Feels like saying Must it really end?

12. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    Ah... the ending...

( After reading, Lalika and Kalika sit at the computer, gazing in amazement at the computer screen while their mother yells at them to get down for dinner...)

That was a beautiful ending JOWK. Thanks so much. It was really worth the long wait... ( hint hint) ANyway, I hope you'll start another tale soon, because you really have a talent for writing... And don't forget the JC family thread ....

THanks once a gain. Kalika and I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

13. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Beautiful, wonderful!!!!!

Trika Kenobi

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    After all the anticipation, the waiting, now I don't want it to end, but alas.
    JOWK--I must thank you for all the pleasure I've gotten from your story and await the next one. Again, Thank You
    HealerLeona

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Paramount, absolutely paramount.

16. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Thank you JOWK for a wonderful story. I don't know how to feel. I'm happy because you posted, but sad because it's over. I have throughly enjoyed Requiem and can't wait for your next story.

17. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    It's done. It's really done. I can't believe it. Thank you soooooo much. It's been such a pleasure reading this. I can't wait for your next story to begin!

18. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh...wow.....

<stares blankly at the screen for a while...>

Wow......

Over? It's over?

...wow....

Thank you, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Wow.....

19. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    wow....... JOWK.... I was moved to tears.... My life is complete... and now I can go out and Serve the Lord with a happy heart because I know that Obi-Wan Kenobi is okay.

Thank you for the ending and for sharing this beautiful story and your talents with us. Thank you thank you thank.... I can't say it enough.....

Thank you!
    Sister Master Peael
    Jedi Master
    Missionary

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh wow. That was amazing. Astounding. Wonderful. Fantastic. Brilliant.
    Need I go on?

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooooh! I see that I have a whole page to myself! inhales deeply Ahhhhh! The air is sweet and fresh!
    I will now frolick in the untrampled daisies of this brand new page.
    Lala lalalala lalalala!
    Weeee, this is fun!
    and no, I'm not insane, in case you were wondering

22. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    OKAY ... I was just thinking......

Qui-Gon isn?t going to do that to me again. No. He?s not going to leave me. He promised, and he won?t break that because he cares about me. He does. He told me so. Yes, he did. Qui-Gon does care about me. So everything is fine now. I never ever have to think about that again. Not again. Ever. I am okay. Everything is just like it was before. I don?t have to be sad anymore.

That makes Qui-Gon's death ten thoushand times worse then it already was.
    *sob*

23. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Beautiful, JOWK.

Thank you.

24. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    THANK YOU JOWK!!!

You don't know how much that means to all your fans!!

I loved that ending, it was so wonderful!!

All I can say is that I'm sorry it's over!!

25. Young_Sith_Apprentice

Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 1999
    *Glances over at HealerLeona, a.k.a Mom, who is sleeping on the couch*

Wonderful story, absolutly excellent. I'm happy everything turned out alright.

Oh yeah, who ever said Qui-Gon's death was bad??? j/k, a Sithly joke

*Glances over again to make sure that her mom didn't hear that, and sighs in relief*

JOWK, you have to write another one, and very very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.