main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Even More of Requiem for a Padawan: A Jedi Apprentice Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jan 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    That was a wonderful ending JOWK. The whole story was absolutely wondeful. I look forward to your writing more stories in the future. But after this I'm sure you're going to be taking a well deserved break.

2. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    What a wonderous journey you have guided us on JOWK. Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this story. I'll remember it for a long, long time.

3. space case

space case Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 1999
    Thank you JOWK.

4. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Are you God?

5. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    OH! That was SO wonderful! I can't...even begin to....it was just so*sputter, sputter*.....words cannot......

6. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hate you for making it end! I want more! I want more!
    Okay, now for:
    Requiem for a Padawan: Relapse.

Obi had better be in for severe psychological torture in ToF.

7. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Congrats on the conclusion of a wonderfully successful story. I enjoyed the journey and I am sad to see it come to an end but be assured I will certainly check out your newest fic.

Igraine

8. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Oh, JOWK, amazing as always. We bow to your incredible talent. We mourn for the end of the story. Amazing, wonderful, mere words cannot describe.

But a question persists . . . Obi-Wan doesn't remember his suicide attempt, and Qui-Gon hasn't told him about it. Will he ever remember? Could there possibly be a sequel in the distant future? (A glimmer of hope?)

Looking forward to your next amazing tale. Good luck in school. --AWK

9. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    ::sits and stares at the screen in awe:: I...I...yeah...THAT WAS SO WONDERFUL! Absolutely beautiful. Thank you. ::still in shock::

10. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    ::wipes tears away so she can see to type::
    That was sooo moving! I don't think I got this emotional about a story since "Les Miserables"! I stand in awe! *g*

11. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I know what you mean Maelisaandii. Les Mis made me cry so hard and this story got me pretty close to crying that much. Once again, way to go JOWK!

12. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    JKOW I loved your story. I about went insane myself waiting for the ending. But I have to say this. I realise your a student but speaking as someone who has been in the real world in the workfore for 25 years. 21 of that as a "janitor" at a University. I found myself a little bit insulted. You seemed to imply that being a "janitor" was a fate worse than death. In the area where I live it pays better than a lot of jobs and has good benifits. I admit that I can't wait to retire in 10 years or so, be a stay at home wife and get paid for it. I work with people who probably fit the image you have of janitor. I also work with people who don't. My job is dull and routine. It can be mind numing and exahsting at times. But in 8 hours I'm expected to 1)clean assigned areas, 2)report anything broken, 3)report and mop up spills and fLoods 4)in an emergency call for help (911), 5)report anthing suspious6)lock buildings(another shift unlocks) 7)keep entances, stairs and walks clear of snow, the list goes on and on. Also just having someone in the buildings at off hours improves securtiy and your saftey. We don't just dump trash and clean toilets. But just think what it would be like if we didn't. Sorry if went on to long. Mabey I'm just extra sensitive right now because my job has been extra hard with all the snow we've been having.

13. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    R U Sidious, I'm sorry if I offended you I realize that someone has to clean up in places like my dorm, and I appreciate the work that janitors do. What I meant by Obi-Wan's thoughts about his job was the fact that he didn't want to do that with his life, that he didn't want to be anything else but a Jedi. I could have put anything in there, from a receptionist to a network administrator, and I wouldn't have changed how he felt about it, how much he didn't like it. When I was thinking about what job he would have, janitor just popped into my mind first. In other words, being a Jedi is special enough in my eyes that any other occupation, no matter what it is, would have seemed crappy and lame to Obi-Wan, and he would have hated it:

Obi-Wan jerked his head up in shock. What? That wasn?t what I expected. He wants to know what I did? That?s not so bad..... Then he remembered what his job had been for the last two months. Obi-Wan paled. Oh yes, it is. Oh Force. How can I tell him what I did? Tell him that I just went to boring classes all day? After what he?s trained me to do? After how much he believed in me? ?I...I was...I was a-a.....? Obi-Wan frowned as he stuttered. Concentrate. I have to answer him. ?I was.....a college student, Master,? he finally managed to get out.

Even as he attempted to hide it, Qui-Gon showed his complete surprise at his Padawan?s recent occupation. ?A college student?? he exclaimed.

Obi-Wan sighed aloud as he recalled how no one had wanted to hire him no matter how he had tried to convince them. After looking at my application, everyone just had to know why I left the Temple, and then they?d have me thrown out. That college was the only employer who didn?t bother to ask, even if I did have to attend classes to keep the job. So I took it, waste of time or not. ?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon. ?I couldn?t get a job as anything else, so I ended up there. No one was willing to hire me.?

Exact same thing

14. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    ::Tries to control the tears long enough to type::

JOWK that was an awesome ending. After a long tiring weekend this made it all better. I agree with Master Peal about this making Qui-Gon's death much more worse. ::Tears start back up thinking at that awful scene:: I am seriously excited about your next story! All my friends that I have told about this fantastic story have signed up with TF.N just to read it! You are a great writer! I'm just so sad that it is over.

But it was a great story!

15. R U Sidious

Jul 17, 1999
    JOWK Thanks for the explanation. Actually I've been feeling pretty crappy about my job latly. Blowing off a little steam has helped me feel better. Sometimes I feel like what my superviser and some office people expect me to accomplish in 8 hours I need to be a Jedi. But if I was I wouldn't be a jantor. By the way I'm really (Mrs.) R U Sidious. My husband doesn' mind if I use his sign on. Someone mentioned a thread about Oui-Gon and Obi-Wan's first mission affter Obi-Wan recovers. Just think of the posibilities. All the fears they'll have to concor not to mention the dangers of the mission. Maybe the "Janitor" can come to the recue.

16. R U Sidious

Jul 17, 1999
    JOWK Thanks for the explanation. Actually I've been feeling pretty crappy about my job latly. Blowing off a little steam has helped me feel better. Sometimes I feel like what my superviser and some office people expect me to accomplish in 8 hours I need to be a Jedi. But if I was I wouldn't be a jantor. By the way I'm really (Mrs.) R U Sidious. My husband doesn' mind if I use his sign on. Someone mentioned a thread about Oui-Gon and Obi-Wan's first mission affter Obi-Wan recovers. Just think of the posibilities. All the fears they'll have to concor not to mention the dangers of the mission. Maybe the "Janitor" can come to the recue.

17. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Just trying to keep the two threads of this story together

18. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    Um... email or ICQ me cuz I don't got your email addy/ICQ # 8-(

19. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Short round, I'd love to, but I have no ICQ and don't know your email address. Email me at lokmer@bigfoot.com
    -Lokmer

20. solorogue

solorogue Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2000
    I am working on a project, and I need a good tutorial or explantion on how I can incorporate 3d models and enviroments with 3D max into my film footage. Like how can I place a shuttle or AT-ST into my film seamlessly with my actors? I am using Premier as my editing along with Boris FX and After Effects, and was wanting to try use 3D max to create special effects and models or sets. Any ides that can help me understand how I can make this possible? I have never done it before. Appreciate any help

21. jedi000

jedi000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    I believe you need the Ultimatte plugin for After Effects. I haven't used it (yet) but I think that's how you can do your bluescreen and putting stuff like that together.

22. Han-man

Han-man Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 1999
    Well there are a few ways but the best way is in max in my expirience put the video on the back groun and try to make the right lightng and start rendering.

premiere has a blue screen leyer stuff that you can use but is not too good but you pic
    i recomend max

23. solorogue

solorogue Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2000
    Thanks for the reply guys, and I was thinking the same about putting my film footage as the background in 3d max, and then simply creating my 3d effects and objects over that, but the question is...how do ya do that? That's the trick. 3d Max can only inport certain files..I think only 2 or 3 kind, and I didn't see filmstrip or somthing of that sort, like you would import in photoshop or some other host program. Hat to ask, but can you be alittle more endepth? give me a simple step by step and I will give it a try. Hope you guys can help, and I appreciate yur reply. Look forward to more.

24. solorogue

solorogue Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2000
    Ok..found something out that answered my own question, and I hope might be useful to other s. In 3d Max you can set your back ground to an avi ( your video footage) click on views, then background image, and select files. There are quite a bit of differnt formats available. Go ahead and select your avi, and set background to display background, animate background, and there ya go. Still go a long way to go! This is going to be a learn by fire I believe. Now I have a long way to go in trying to figure out how I make my models seem like there are in my live footage, like placing models behind objects in the background. I think I am getting in deep and there is no easy understanding or explanations out there. Ever wish you could just upload the information into your head?

25. jedi000

jedi000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    Does Lightwave have a feature like this (importing video to the background)? How do you do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.