main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I got that too.

2. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    It's actually pretty funny with all the misspelled words. I've gotten snail mailed ones and regular e-spam ones, but never through a forum where someone would actually have to register to PM it to me.

3. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    We had church outdoors at a local park today followed by a picnic. It was nice, but by the time I left at 1:15, it was getting pretty hot.

I spent the afternoon working on a sewing project and some miscellaneous costuming stuff.

I'm reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." I'm working on getting caught up with all the other fans. I'm tired of spoilers. I was holding out to see the films first because I like to do it that way, but it's not working for me.

I went outside and pulled a few weeds around 8pm, when the house had heated up and the outside temp had cooled down to where it was cooler outside. I was drenched within minutes.

My cat doesn't do well in this extreme humidity, and tonight I discovered that he had peed all over my tool box, which I keep in the landing of the basement stairs. It's all through the thing, so I need to clean that up. I discovered this around 9:30 when I wanted to get ready for bed, so I took it downstairs and put it on my utility sink until I get to it. It should be fun trying to clean my power screwdriver without ruining it. Hopefully, it's not ruined already. :(

I'm not mad at him. I can tell he doesn't feel well. The only reason I discovered the tool box is because I wanted to move his litter box to the landing because it's too damp downstairs and I can't keep it decent for him. I figured he was telling me that's where he wants it, so I put all fresh litter in it and moved it to where the tool box was.

Just to be safe, though, I moved my vacuum cleaner from the landing!

It's supposed to be 97 tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to going to work in the air conditioning. It should be a little better after that, hopefully.

Oh, yeah, I put $200 into my car this past week and need to buy two tires to pass PA inspection by the end of this month, and the air conditioner in it is currently draining onto the passenger side floor, so I can't use that until it's fixed.

Geez, it kind of sucks to be me right now! :(

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry you are having such a rough time of it right now.

As for your cat, I had similar problems with mine before I got window AC units for the apartment. I bought a big box of those ice pop tube things (very cheap, about $4 for a box of 50) and then put the fozen tubes into plastic bags (so if the tubes broke, it wouldn't be as messy to clean up). Put them in the bathtub and the tub surface will get cold. Put the cat in the bath tub (no water, they don't tend to like that). My cat quickly got used to sleeping in the bath tub in the summer months.

I also put the frozen tubes in bed, to help keep me cool while I slept.

5. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    that's brilliant!

yesterday i spent all day on the beach, it was my first day off in two months....

i ended up with one bad headache because my head got too hot. I din't get heat exhaustion, i guess my hair just absorbs a lot of heat when i sit out in the sun. Actually it got pretty hot today too when i was walking home from work and i wasn't even out for very long...

My family is down for the week which is...interesting to say the least...

but now it's back to work (these 12 hour a day every day things are really getting annoying...)

6. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003

It's not the heat, it's the humidity - really. Cats like heat. Both times I saw him have a seizure, the temperature in the room was between 70 & 75.

7. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    my best friend's cat is really sick, it's sad, because they have no idea whats wrong with him and he keeps getting sores all over and his face is swollen

8. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    something like that happened to my sister's hampster. But it cleared up so we have no idea what was wrong with it.

THe only cat i deal with is Dewey. Silly thing likes to bite. Luckily when he came over yesterday i was wearing long pants...so he bit my pants and not my leg.

9. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Sydney seems to be happier now that his litterbox is in a drier place.

It's raining today. I'm getting so I like rainy days. They're not too hot. I can have windows open and not hear lawn mowers and roudy neighbors drinking beer all day and listening to loud music. Don't get me wrong; I like loud music - when it's mine, :D but I enjoy days when I can have windows open and it's quiet. Nothing but a few cars going by and soft rain.

I bought a lava lamp at a yard sale recently. I've wanted one ever since I did "Have a Nice Day." We had one on stage. Mine's pink and it was only $5. [face_peace]

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I got a tooth pulled toady. It was not fun at all. My mouth is ouchy. :(

11. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    getting teeth pulled sucks (we all know that i have had my share of dental work....) I hope that feels better soon.

SO my bestest friend in the whole world is coming to visit me for a week!!!! I can't wait, she's coming friday! It will be so fun. anyone that wants to visit...if you can get here feel free. I'm only here until august 20th or something!

12. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003

Me, too! Hope you feel better.

13. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    hehe, my sisters friend has bad luck with teeth and vacations...a few years ago, she was going to go to the beach with us, but her mom scheduled her to get her teeth pulled, then her dentist died and she didn't get them pulled, then they were supposed to go to the beach LAST weekend, but she had to have surgery, but then they couldn't do it 'cause of insurance issues...

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just wanted to drop an invite off to see if anyone was interested in playing fantasy football. The info can be found here.

15. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i was once in a car accident that delayed surgery for 5 months....made for a crappy christmas...at least they let me out of the hospital on christams eve though...they almost didn't! But it's over now (w00t) and my braces will be off in maybe a month or two...we think...

i think my orthodontist just likes me too much to take my braces off.

I'm always amused by teeth stories though, especially if it involves dentures!

16. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    ok...so no one wants to alk about teeth anymore...so i will tell you all about the crazy time i am having today.

i'm bouncing off the walls (perhaps too much coffee, perhaps not)

I got paid this morning! Later on my best friend is coming to visit me for a whole week!!!!!!!!!!!

we're going to the state fair, then coming back here.

the big boss is out for most of today as is my supervisor so in the office it is just my two office buddies and myself! the big boss and i don't exactly see eye to eye...well actually no one sees eye to eye with her so once she leaves we are all a little more at ease, no offense to her or anything...but at least work is a little more fun.

i have half a pie in my fridge and i got free donuts with my coffee this morning!

i also found out that next wednesday (or is it the following...i can't recall i'll have to look at the schedule..) anyway, i get to wear my jedi costume and now i'm mad that i didn't bring my brown pants...so clone wars stina-cri it is.

aaaaand... i only have to work 7 hours today!

I had no strange dreams last night (yeah that was an issue for a week or two...awful dreams too)

so yeah, things are great at the moment...and i get to drive today...all the way to dover! I've never seen that part of deleware!

sorry for the breif interlude...you may no return to the teeth discussion!

17. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    I had a dream that my cousin was mad at her friends so we set a house with them all in it on fire....and then there was some weird thing that I can't begin to explain, but it took place in the future and there was a bunch of really rich people...then I was having a party and none of my friends came....

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sunday is my first wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been a year already. I guess time flies when you are with the right person.

19. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Congratulations to you and Ginger! =D=

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    w00t! Hope you have many more happy years together, Terry!

21. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    You won't be hearing from me as much for awhile because on top of everything else, my computer crashed last Saturday. It looks like the hard drive is completely dead.

Since I also currently have no a/c in my car, it will be awhile before I can do anything about the computer issue.

So, I'll pop in during lunch when I can, but with all the forums I'm on, it will be a challenge to keep up.

So, I spent my birthday sitting in my hot house escaping my life by reading Harry Potter (It was his birthday, too, so I thought it was fitting ;) ).

22. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Oh! I'm so sorry i forgot to Wish you happpy birthday! I am a BAD ex-padawan!
    In other news, I found out where I am staying at Mercyhurst!
    Mercy Suites!

23. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Looks nice! Six girls sharing a bathroom? Could be worse. I hope it's roomy!

24. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    White & Nerdy. Many geeky references. One SW reference. EDIT: Make that two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

25. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Thanks Bon. Weird Al is my hero.[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.