Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlocke Jedi Youngling

star 1
  2. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    I love Weird Al, so much, and all his re-makes, are awesome....though I love Chamillionaire's version too...
  3. ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Weird Al is the man. Puts on a very good concert.

I jus tsaw a Star Wars reference on Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. For anyone who has seen the show, Blue and Mack are driving in a car, headed for a toll booth, speeding quite quickly. Mack tries to through the change out the window into he collection bucket/tray/net thing in time. The change sails through the air, towards the window, then, Clang!, smacks right into the still rolled p window, and falls to the floor. Blue then proceedes to say, "That's a negative. It didn't go in. It impacted on the surface." I laughed out loud. I never thought I'd hear a Star Wars reference on that show, but it was a very good one, and did not see it coming.

Jst a statement. I should probably never be treasurer. I blew $1800 on a 42" Plasma screen tv, which was just delivered today. The only problem is, is was $1800 that I really should not have spent, nor that I had to spend in the first place. But it's so pretty. And, I have no interest for 36 months. So in my mind, it all works out.
  4. BonMothma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My mom and dad just bought one. Mom says maybe I'll visit more often. [face_mischief]
  5. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Time to have another DVD party at Zero's! We had one ages ago for non-SW DVDs (I think we watched Donnie Darko and then something else.)

There was another episode of Foster's that was almost entirely a SW reference. I think it was called 'Superfriends.' In it, Max starts spending all this time with a superhero imginary friend, and Blue is very jealous. He ends up with the superhero's nemisis, in a Darth Vader like costume.

Kids Next Door did a funny SW reference, also, when the Kids were attacking the High School. It was based on the ANH attack on the Death Star.

6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Just wanted to stop in a say hey. I haven't been online a whole lot lately because we are busy getting the house ready for the baby. Our little one is due any day now and I am getting more exited with every passing day. So until things get back to normal if I am not around it's because of the fam.
  7. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    good luck terry (and ginger).

I realize that i'm in an odd mood today...i worked a nine hour shift last night, until 2 am...then i went back to work at 9 am this morning...fun stuff, but someone quit so i ended up staying at work until 8...

i worked 11 hours today! and i didn't even care, i didn't stop to go to the bathroom either...but it's odd for me to do something like that, and not be mad at myself for doing it...

i don't know...it was just a random thought i had while i walked home from work.
  8. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Nephew #2 decided he wanted a Darth Vader cake for his birthday. My sister decided I was a logical person to make it for him. My niece helpfully suggested 'have your apprentice make it' (that would be you, Stina-Cri [face_mischief] )

Alex had a very detailed description of what he wanted, although I'm not entirely certain I understand exactly what he wants. One thing is for sure, the flavor. When I asked him what kind of cake, he said he wanted 'white.' This puzzled me, since I know his absolute favorite is chocolate cake. When I asked if he was sure, he said yes, because Darth Vader is black outside and white inside. [face_laugh] Must be accurate to cannon.

9. BonMothma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_laugh] You have taught him well, Master Greencat!
  10. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeah....like i have time to make a cake :)

though it might be fun...now i kind of want to do it though...if those kids can live in the universe...why can't we :)

On another note i wonder if any of them have ever told their friends that their aunt chris is a jedi!
  11. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
  12. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i was going to take a drive up north in a week or so, to look at a grad school...but my mom threw a hissy fit because...it's going to snow....eventually somewhere...so i'm suppossed to wait until spring....but that really messes up all my plans so i might just go anyway!

her arguement....it snowed really bad in buffalo a few weeks ago....
    um...scratches head....

i wasn't going to buffalo...

and then i pointed out that it snowed on my way to see my sister in WV...
    and she said, oh but that didn't stick...

what will she do when i graduate...because all of the grad schools i'm looking at except two are in places where it snows...frequently...

luckily there's been no sticking snow here...though i did take a jog with about 5 layers of clothing on...and there was snow in the air, but not on the ground.\

today it's warm...and i only need a hoodie
  13. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    My mom is like that. If there is even a chance of snow, she won't drive.

Which grad school?
  14. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    all the snow melted this weekend, kinda sad 'cause there was so much of it! Ah well, what ever...in other news I have a non-pink eye....pink eye...it's not itchy, so I don't think it is pink eye, but it hurts and it all red and stuff...gotta go to the health center after class...
  15. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Syracuse is the one i want to look at and go to the open house.
    Right now i think it tops my list...I also had a professor reccommend Syracuse to me. I wasn't even planning on looking at schools but my prof handed me an ad and told me he thought i should look into it. That's what started this whole fiasco of me looking at grad schools. other schools i'm looking at are USC FSU and Penn State....but there's a lot to consider in picking the school so right now Penn State is number 2. That's Mostly because of things that have nothing to do with the actual school...it's a commute time to different things type of thing that puts Penn State in at number 2. the other two are kind of farther away than i'd like to be at the moment...and living in LA scares the crap out of me. Moving to a really big city all by my lonesome is not my idea of fun...so USC might be out of the running because its in LA....and it's a shame because it's a good school! I looked at WVU but didn't like their program, but my sister keeps trying to talk me into it...she just wants me to move there and live in an apartment with me and get the hook-up with her boyfriend's best friend....she was sad when i told her that none of the above was going to happen.

Oh and in sad news...my rat (Reepicheep) whom i loved broke his neck and passed away last night so i am very sad, he was just a baby too...
  16. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm sorry to hear about Reepicheep.
  17. BonMothma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Little did she know that it was really Peter Pettigrew and he faked his death!
  18. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    lol!
    Isn't Reepicheep from Narnia? for some reason I remember a mouse named Reepicheep

We actually just got a mouse in the Archaeology Lab...they caught it at one of the professors houses, and tried to let it go, but it kept coming back and getting caught, so they brought it here and gave it a crazy nice cage, and it got out yesterday, but I think it's back now....there is also a cat named Bosco with 6 toes and is really fat
  19. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    reepicheep is from narnia....that was my favorite character, so i named my rat reepicheep....however, i usually called him reep, reepie or bubby....he was cute, and he was my friend, but it will be ok because he never really tamed like other rats do and he couldn't stand life in a cage so it was probably better that he died.
  20. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
    There is this Old Navy commercial with all these people running around in the snow wearing brown hooded coats, white and biege shirts, and beige and brown pants. Its like watching Jedi frolic in the snow.

21. TRADMIC Jedi Knight

star 5
  22. MomMaster Jedi Youngling

star 2
  23. TRADMIC Jedi Knight

star 5
  24. greencat336 Jedi Knight

star 5
  25. Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hehe...

that's funny...I am bored and i have loads of things to do...but i'm not sure if 1/2 an hour is worth me walking all the way home!!! this is one weird schedule i have this semester....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.