main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I lost my purse :_| left it in a class room, went back 5 min later it was gone...no idea where it is....very sad....

2. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!! lol, I just went on facebook and my friend (who I was sure left before me, so i didn't ask her) had it! well...iunno where she lives...but i know who has it!

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    this is stupid and silly of me, but you know how geeks like us get involved with people that aren't geeks like us....meaning they don't like Star Wars...

well my boyfriend (who some of you met before he was my boyfriend....at the zombie walk...) doesn't really like Star Wars....ok he doesn't like it at all, and is completely clueless about everything star wars....

but he was at work yesterday and he found a Star Wars book (from what he said about it i think it was one of the visual dictionary books) and he started to read it because i like star wars a lot and he wanted to attempt to learn something about it.

All he really got out of it was that darth maul looks cool....but i thought it was cute and kind of funny that he made an attempt so of course i had to tell everyone.

4. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Aww, that's sweet!

5. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
  6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Nice cliff you have had created in your backyard. Now if you need to dispose of an inconvient Sith Lord, you don't have to look around for a reactor shaft.

Hmmmm. Both Maul and Sid ended up falling down big holes. Perhaps that should be covered better in Sith Training. Stay away from deep holes and hole like areas.

Yes, Stina-Cri. It is very sweet that your boyfriend at least is making an attempt to understand your hobby. Have you told him about Obi-Wan yet? [face_mischief]

When I saw Superchill's icon I was very excited. I remembered it from last year's Force.net holiday banner. I had to use it. Happy Happy Joy Joy, the OTP. [face_love]

7. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    ok, now that's just asking for it:

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/Other%20gifs/ewanhaydenkiss5yg.gif]

:D

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* now that's a lovely random thought

9. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    I went to CVS
    I put up more christmas decorations
    I put up MORE christmas decorations
    I put up signs to make the idiots who stole my reindeer give it back
    I went to eat
    I went Ice Skating
    I went to the cafe
    I talked to my friend who I haven't talked to in ages
    I came back
    I was going to do homework all day....didn't do ANY!

10. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    I was chatting with TRADMIC last night and asking questions about the pgh FF activities. For some reason after I got off of AIM I started thinking about potatoes and having a real hankering for them. This is probably because TRADMIC's head is about the same shape and complexion as a potato. Anyway, I peeled a bunch of huge taters and made a giant bowl of my famous mashed potatoes. I finished mashing them around 2 AM and then proceeded to eat like 9 pounds of the stuff. Now today I'm constipated as hell. My abdomen feels like I've been backed up for a week. I feel like I've eaten a couple of those giant gourmet cheese wheels. :(

[image=http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Images/Food/Cheese/cheesemaker_beaufort.jpg]

11. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    You only have yourself to blame lol

12. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    She's right. Yuo should take some metamucil and watch some star trek.[face_frustrated]

13. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    my computer turned on for the first time in 2 days! yay! and....break is almost here...one mid-term tomorrow in European History, a film in the other class and then english on friday and i am DONE for two weeks....oh and I saw the Holiday Special on tuesday.....my brain was melted!

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I printed off the directions for the Christmas Easter Egg for Lego SW II for the kids.

It was very funny watching Santa running around with a green lightsaber. Also, the beard code gives everyone in the game a Santa beard. VERY funny on Vader.

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Jimmy Smits plays Senator Bail Organa. He also plays Congressman (and President) Matthew Santos on West Wing. I wonder if he's ever amused that he's played government officials in both the GFFA and in a tv show about the US government.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I needed a new wall clock at work and the ones I get issued at work when I request them are cheap ones that don't keep good time. So I went out and got one myself. It is an 'atomic time' clock that sets itself according to the national atomic clock signal, which i thought would be very convenient that I didn't have to climb up on a chair and get down the clock and reset it.

But it was a bit creepy to watch the clock set itself after I put the battery in. And a bit creepy to think about this agency that keeps an 'atomic clock' that sends out this signal all over the world. What other signals are there out there that we aren't even aware of. I'm feeling a bit paranoid.

17. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    the craziness of mid-terms is over! yay! and I got my test back that I was studying for over the Lifeday weekend (took me 3 hours by the way) and I got a 77% which I am happier about now, then I was when I got it earlier, since the average was a 65%...I just gotta do really well on the final now! which means studying even longer, and me going crazy even more!

18. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Your schedule is totally screwy! When you said you were studying for a test, I had barely started back for a new semester, and certainly didn't have a test yet!

I think I have one Monday, though.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I find the Geiko insurance commercials with the cavemen . . . worrisome. On the one hand, the whole theme of the commercials seems to be 'isn't it amusing when a large corportation does racial sterotyping' but on the other hand part of the commercial shows that the minority group being mocked as stupid is not stupid, which would seem to imply that racial sterotyping is in itself stupid.

In short, I don't know if I should be offended or be impressed at the satire. I think I'm both. One thing is for sure, the commericals in no way make me want to switch to Geiko insurance.

20. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Did the Geiko thing. Won't go back.

21. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    part of the commercial shows that the minority group being mocked as stupid is not stupid

"...the wheel, fire...yeah sorry we couldn't get that to you sooner..."

which would seem to imply that racial sterotyping is in itself stupid

How so?

I support the cavemen, btw. [face_peace]

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    The tag line of the commercial 'so easy a caveman could do it' implies that it is such a simple thing that even a very stupid group of people can do it. Since the cavemen are shown as sophisticated and intelligent, the sterotyping on behalf of the corporation is inaccurate, and therefore those that believe it is true to be uninformed or ignorant, which is to say, stupid.

I feel bad for the caveman. It makes me sad to see them so insulted and the company not caring when they complained (the lunch meeting with the executive) When the well dressed caveman at the airport saw the poster showing the primitive looking caveman, I felt so horrible for him.

I have Progressive, whose commercials I just find a bit annoying, but I have been very happy with the insurance.

Geiko should have stuck with the lizard. I am uneasy with the caveman commercials. Again, I don't know how to react to them. Offended or Satire?

23. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Their sophistocation, openness to modern psychology, use of modern technology (cell phones) would suggest that they HAVE evolved, with the exception of their appearance.

If the cavemen go and have plastic surgery over this, I will very upset.

Where is caveman's friend? Did he conform, bail out on his friend? Where is he? How many more are there? What are their names?!

24. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    I think these commercials are great thinking! The writers are to be commended. (I despise the ones where the stars speaks for the customers!!!!)

But all in all I think they are good.
    I hope they keep it up! It's entertaining.

25. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    is it sad that when ever I watch it I compare the endo-cranial capacity of humans and Neanderthals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.