Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    hurray for it being -3 degrees WITHOUT windchill....-20 with...me, being the very good girl I am, and not wanting to get sick, am not walking across campus to go to class...the fact that i didn't finish my homework has nothing to do with it, honest!
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    School was cancelled, but this does not bring me joy. With all the state mandated testing, I have had so many interruptions. I feel like I've been in the same unit forever. :mad:

How can my students learn if we never have class??

On the plus side, I'm working away on my latest crochet project, a fuzzy blue pillow cover for my oldest niece. She really liked the yarn and decided she wanted a 'cuddle pillow' made of it instead of a hat/scarf set. Which makes sense because she already has had about 3 hat/scarf sets made for her of varying colors (because you need different colors to go with different outfits, of course.)

3. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You know, I love when things go right.
    I ordered a couple cds from Amazon.com, because I can not find them anywhere in this country. According to the tracking info they gave me at time of ordering, they were schedled to get here around the end of the week. I come home today, and there is a box there by my door. It's my cd's! It was a nice suprise that made me happy. Now I have all kinds of musical goodness to listen to tomorrow. Yay me!
  4. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    just so you guys know, I may have exploded by wednesday...or in the next hour...'cause thats when I get to take a test I am so not ready for, that will last me till at LEAST 5:00 then go back and study for my one at 10:30 tomorrow and write some journal entries...and then...explode....
  5. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    yay! i am alive...sorta...
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glad to hear you are still alive, Jedigirl.

Here's a very random thought . . .

Which is Truth, chaos or order? Do we see order in the chaos just because our minds desire structure, the way one can see figures and animals in the shapes of the clouds, because there is not any real order, just chaos? Or is the universe ordered, and the parts that seem chaotic are only because we can't yet see the entire pattern, like pixels seen very close up are just points of color but when you step back they are ordered into a picture. Chaos or Order?

7. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm...way too deep for me at this hour. I need sleep.

I installed Window XP update over Windows 98. Worked much faster. Then I installed my Norton Antivirus which I couldn't install on W98. Now it's slower than it was before. :oops:
  8. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This Weds is Pi day! 3-14. w00t

Don't forget to eat some pie and think about the circumference of circles in order to celebrate.
  9. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    I just saw a local cable channel doing a piece on Sarris. Mmmmm....
  10. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/piechart.jpg]

Bonnie, just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be worth looking into high speed internet? :p

I got summoned to jury duty for April. This better be over quickly. [face_plain]
  11. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    It might be, but it might not make a lot of difference. This computer is old and has lots of junk in it that I haven't been able to excorcise.

I've been sticking to a pretty tight budget over the last year and it's helped a lot. Unfortunately, cheap Internet and old computer are part of that tight budget.

I have a personal loan that will be paid off this fall and I intend to reward myself with high speed Internet and start saving for a new computer.
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Perhaps you should consider a laptop. I love being able to lounge on the couch while I play online.
  13. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. The cavemen annoy me to no end-it was funny at first, now it's just gotten really old.

Stick with the Gecko-I LOVE that little guy. He's so freaking cute!
  14. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    actually 3/14 is pi day, as in math, national PIE (as in food) day is january 23rd or something like that...

i heard it on the food network this summer....

surprised?

but eating pie on 3/14 is ok, and who needs a reason to eat pie?

15. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    When come back, bring pie!
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My sisters and I had a girls night out last week. We got our hair done then went and ate pie. They had chocolate peanut butter pie and I had lemon merriange. I wanted Key lime, but they didn't have any.
  17. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  18. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In the Darth Bane book, in the scene where Bane's Sith weapons teacher tried to kill him, it mentioned that Sith teachers always hold something back, which makes sense, because when the apprentice has learned all the teacher has to teach, they kill them. Like Sid did to his teacher, Plagious.

But really good teachers (*grin* and by good I mean skilled, not as a morality good) should be very happy when their students surpase them. It means they have done their job. Further, if each student is more skilled and learns more than their teacher, doesn't that mean that each generation advances? That there is more skill and more knowledge? Which is a good thing (as in the morality good)

19. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    True, but this IS the Sith we're talking about.

I sometimes wonder, if even though the Jedi aren't allowed to have attachments, since George said they aren't exactly "celibate", if that means "friends with benefits."

That's my theory, though.
  20. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4

i did this school proect but it won't show up here...it was a magazine cover called dining peasant and ot was inspired by my former master's digestove issues
  21. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    The no attachments thing looked good on paper, but all Jedi had attachments of one sort or other whether they were willing to admit it or not.
  22. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Today my car died. RIP car @};- It was inspected just two days ago. [face_plain]

It decided to stop moving forward and go into a neutral-like gear. It would not even go into PARK! It did this as I was coming down the hill from McIntyre square. Yeah. Slowly rolling down the hill and no way to stop. I jumped out the door and tried directing it into the parking lot of the pancake house. Then there was a bit of an incline. Stood for a moment with all my power holding the car, pulled the parking break (nothing) then the next car came along and some dude helped me push it into the parking lot. While we're pushing, the car decided to kick into reverse. It may be possessed, we're not really sure yet.

Anyway, my car, FTL

Jury duty tomorrow.

Head-desk

LOL
  23. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like transmission trouble. Have you checked the trans fluid level?
  24. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Before or after the car spewed all the transmission fluid onto the road? :p

transmission=KABLOOEY
  25. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.