main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm sorry your car passed into the Force. [face_skull] Do you think it will become a blue ghostie car, offering sage advise to your new car? [face_mischief]

Its very quiet right now in my apartment. Its been very quiet for the past few weeks. That's right, at long last, my upstairs second floor Sith of a neighbor is gone. My landlord was true to his word and did not renew her lease. The third floor guy and I are very happy, enjoying the peace and quiet.

2. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    It's been quiet here since last fall. Drunk neighbor kicked out by his brother (who owns the now empty house). Folks on the other corner with the yappy dogs gone, too. Three out of five houses on my side of the street are vacant.

However, the house on the other side of me was bought by the people in back of me (barking dogs there still- grrr). They have been working on it and recently they installed a mercury light in back that shines in my yard too. A bit of security at no cost to me - w00t!

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I am now the proud owner of a 98 chevy astro. lol.
    :cool:
    ROAD TRIP!

4. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Much like TRADMIC, I am also the proud owner of a new car. Except mine is an 07 Scion tC. Here's to another 5 years of car payments!

5. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    To add to the proudness, Tradmic and I have been with S.W.A.P for one year this sunday. Thanks for the good times and many more to come.[:D]

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Happy Anniversary! SWAP has very much benefited from TRADMIC and Superchill's very active membership this past year, and hopefully for many years to come. :)

7. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Congrats on the vehicles.

And thanks, TRADMIC and Superchill!

8. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I really like brownies. :)

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Does it take a rocket scientist to be a rocket scientist?

10. Earthbound_Misfit

Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    All it takes is an Estes kit, an Estes Launchpad, and two double-As.

5....4....3....2....1....(Whoooosh) "Congratulations, You're now a rocket scientist"

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    If your car was destroyed because superheros/supervillians or giant robots from outspace were fighting . . . would your car insurance cover it?

12. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't know, giant robots and superheroes/villains? Like in Xmen?

Hmm

:D

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    We took the kids to Idlewild this past Saturday, a very fun trip (I love Story Book Forest). The only bad part of the trip was I got stung by a bee in a very sensitive spot. Ow.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Proud aunt moment:

Three year old niece walks into the living room to tell us with some concern there are monsters in her bedroom. Seeing a nearby toy lacross stick, I hand it to her and say 'Go whack them.' She thinks about this for moment, then cheerfully takes the stick, goes back to her room and starts pounding it on the floor 'hitting the monsters.' When her dad tells her that there are no monsters in the house because they are all too afraid of him to come in, the three year old confidently announces the monsters are afraid of her, too.

:D

15. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    thats awesome!

My 3 year old cousin (and unofficial padawan) and i were in the backyard once and i was about to go into the garage.

he said "Dont! Darth Vader in there!"

I looked him square in the eyes and said "If Darth Vader's in their we'll kick his butt!"

He smiled and ran in ahead of me.

16. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Holy ####!!!!

Its a Yuuzhan Vong!!

[image=http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Freaky_Freak.jpg]

17. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    DON'T TASE R2, BRO!!!

http://donttaser2.ytmnd.com/

18. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh] Did you make that one?

As much as I like R2, IMO it's about time he gets a taste of his own tasering.

Darned if I can find my gif of him tasering droids (right before getting kicked over, Ep3) but I'm sure you remember this incident I do believe that was necessary.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Got home from work last night to find a message on my answering machine. I'd won one of the raffles from the Borders' Educators Weekend. w00t.

well, w00t until I actually picked up my prize. A romance novel, a book on '30 ways to teach using a dictionary' and two tickets to the Carnegie (I have membership) Sigh. I was hoping for a gift certificate or coffee. Ah well.

20. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    i]A romance novel[/i]

:rolleyes: Did it at least have good cover art I can steal to make future hawt RPG dudes?! :p

Next time you are at the Carnegie, offer the free passes to people in exchange for them buying you a coffee in the cafe. :D

21. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    I wish I'd thought of this:

http://anakinindenial.ytmnd.com/

22. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
  23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I am in love with Techno Viking. =P~ Well, maybe love is the wrong 'l' word.

Family get together the other night, just dinner and hanging out since it had been a few weeks since we had all gotten together. There is this new little fad going on amoung the children called 'You got boo'd' in which bags of candy are left at the door, in bags that have these little cards in them that say that someone has left the candy for them as a surprise and then the reciepient is to give some candy in a 'boo'd' bag to someone else. There's also a window sticker for the door that says "I've been boo'd"

Because nothing is better than candy left on the doorstep by an unknown person. And lets hear it for popularity contests where little kids get to feel bad if they aren't 'boo'd' . . .

Anyway, because I am the indulgent aunt, when my beloved niece asked me to take her to the store to get her boo bags I said yes. (I did say her mom had to say yes first, I have done this sort of thing before)

Mom said yes, and then told me the store that was selling the boo bags.

Walmart. [face_devil]

Yeah, the store I've boycotted for years. I have passed on SW stuff I've really, really wanted because they were only being sold at Walmart.

So, when caught between a promise to my niece to go buy her the silly little bags to do this silly little game and giving money to the evil corporation that I have avoided for years because of their immoral policies and buisness practices, what do you think I did.

Sigh. Went to Walmart of course. I'm such a dork. Although I did try to retain some sense of personal ethics in that only the bags were bought at Walmart. The candy, pencils, and stickers were bought else where. Sigh.

24. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/wmartdevil3.jpg]

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.