main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    The Stars are back!

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    D'oh, they must have been twinkling stars becuase now their gone and I didn't get to see them this time....Maybe TF.N didn't pay the electric bill HA HA!

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I had this strange dream last night that Stacie got a tatoo. Small and red, could been a heart but not sure. Weird.

So, Stacie did you get a tatoo? Wouldn't it be strange if she did?

She was on the brain because I was thinking about her birthday coming up. (Tax day-April 15th) She turns the big 20! Congrats and HB early.

Also I had another dream last night and it was about CIII. Wow, if half of the stuff I saw in the dream came true this celebration will be AWSOME. Tons of costumers, a 20ft tall walker, and celebrities who don't normally show up at these, like Mark Hamill, George Lucas, Ewan McGregor, and even Natalie Portman were there.

Someone just walked past my office and they smelled of rotten eggs....yuck.

-Sal

4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    No tattoo yet, sorry Sal. I might get one this summer, but who knows. Maybe it'll be small and red, but it defiantly won?t be a heart, lol.

In other news, it?s 4:32 am and I?m still awake. Why, you ask? Because I have a paper to write. I always do! Actually, this is just a proposal for a paper. I have to write a persuasion/argument paper and I have nothing to argue! *Sighs* Perhaps I should argue why I don?t think we should have to write so many papers, lol. This is my forth one this week, and they?re all for one class! *Sighs again*

Oh well, I?m off to ponder topics. *Sighs yet again* Now doesn?t that sound FUN?

5. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hmm i had an odd dream two nights ago. My parents were car shopping when we ran into zero and he was drinking blue sierra mist. So then my parents bought this really ugly excuse for an SUV and my mom had this station wagon. MY dad wouldn't give me his old car and decided to give it to my sister instead because i already have a car....but i told him she could have mine i wanted his old one. But he refused and then i was suppossed to go to church for easter so i complained and my mom told me i'd really like it and then she talked to zero and he said he wanted to come to church too...so we were all at church wearing jeans and it was after communion and the priest comes down near where we are all sitting and he takes off this jedi robe thing he's wearing and pulls out a cigar and then my mom pulls out a cigarette and pretty soon everyone is smoking....then we all go to my house and eat weird stuff...and all these people from SWAP are in my house Sal showed up and was obsessed with pierogies and everything he said in my dream had to do with pierogies. i don't know where everyone is coming from...but everyone lives under my basement and we have a 2 layer garage.....

So after all that it is suddenly the next morning and my mom and dad are there but no swap people. and no one's car is there except for zero's cuz it's stuck in between these two poles (i have no clue how it got there lol) so i look inside and the blue sierra mist is there and i think to myself oh good everyone's coming back because zero wouldn't leave forever without his sierra mist (never mind his car) and then i drank some of it and then i woke up....weird huh?

I hate SWAP dreams they are always so strange and no one ever acts like themselves.

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I like pierogies!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/pierogies.jpg]

pierogies

7. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    I used to represent Ateeco as a broker representative(the parent company for Mrs. T's 'rogies). I had quite a few nights in the private box at PNC Park. I would usually entertain clients, and occationally get a few friends in here and there. They always had Ribs, 'rogie recipies, a refrigerator full of beer, and a desert cart(every 7th inning) giveaways like jackets, 'rogie beanies, etc

Yeah, the 'rogie company took care of me. My friend who is a chiropractor said "boy you aint seen a Pirate game until you seen it like this". It was pure Luxury, one of the few companies I really liked representing.

So, naturally I too love the 'rogies. ;^)

try the mini 'rogies in a salad-cook them, refrigerate them and add to a salad w/some italian dressing. Also, the mini's are great mixed into a meatloaf, put a few into the mix and when you slice the meatloaf you slice right into the 'rogies as well, it's like having your meat and potatoes all at once!

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I like pierogies also. Pan fried in butter and eaten with ketchup.

Does anyone else find the bunny they put on the tfn.net log in banner a little disturbing. Yeah, I know he's a character from the original comics way, way back, but he reminds me a little to much of Frank from Donnie Darko.

9. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    pierogies with ketchup?
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sick

So I'm sick of being sick...It sucks and i have to feel icky for a while which sucks worse and i hate doctors.....i hate them they are odd and i hate when they take blood cuz then i bruise!!

I want to go outside but it is wet and cold and i like staying warm and dry so i have to stay in even though i like outside.....

I am officially afraid of the dark, the squiggly things from the movie will try to get me if it's dark!!!! It's so dumb i'm like a little kid i watched a movie and now i have to sleep with the lights on....i need my head examined lol

10. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    The squiggly things are just bad CGI! No real need to fear those, lol.

Besides, that movie was full of lies and plot holes anyway!

There was a bunny that looked like Frank on the main page? I missed it!! That saddens me to an extent which I can not fully express! I recently wrote an essay about Donnie Darko. I didn't write it for any class though, which is very strange for me. I just wrote it cause I wanted to. It's called Donnie Darko and the Time Travel Paradox. Thrilling, eh?

Speaking of essays...Again it's late and I have a paper due tomorrow. Wednesday too. Aint it great to be me?

11. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    I just finished writing a 7 page paper comparing and contrasting the the characters of Luke and Anakin throughout the trilogies. It started out pretty strong, but I'm pretty sure it got kinda bad at the end.

Here's a link in case anyone's interested in reading it. You know, since I know you're all dying too ;)

I don't know why I feel the need to come on here and discuss my homework all the time. I dunno, it's late, I bored. Isn't that how it always works?

12. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    why is the heat on in here it was 70 out today!!!! It's too hot!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh
    sigh, i want AC.

13. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    You know who's awesome? Darth Maul!! I love Darth Maul! He shouldn't have died in TPM! it only happened cause Obi-Wan got lucky! Stupid Obi-Wan!! Maul SHOULD NOT have died! He was so underused! He is way cooler than Dooku (sorry Chris) and I think that has randomly become my favorite Sith. Yes, even over Vader. Isn't that weird?? Ani/Vader is my second favorite character, but I like Maul better as a Sith. I've found that he is very enjoyable to write about :)

Today I realized something about TPM. It's an awesome movie! It does NOT suck! Maul is great in it, and Jake Lloyd isn't nearly as bad an actor as people say he is.

Lately I've been noticing that not as many people hate TPM anymore. It's starting to be accepted better as a SW film, and I think that's fantastic! Not only is it way better than it gets credit for, it is also the ONLY SW movie to feature the greatest Sith ever DARTH MAUL!!!!!!!!!!

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    You know Stacie, I was thinking the exact same thing last night about TPM. I've come to appreciate it more and more. While it's still my least favorite of the 5 out there, it's better now. Maybe it Maul. (Whom, I wholeheartedly agree should not have died) I also agree that Jake isn't as bad as folks say. He was taking direction from George, so keep that in mind.

If the Force were indeed real wold you use it and how?

15. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    yeah i'd use the force to mind trick my english prof so she'd think i turned in my writing portfolio....i just don't want to write in it anymore....i'm sick of it. I've been writing for four days!!!! it's no fair!

Yeah i'm more than a tad disgruntled so whatever.

16. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    hey, this isn't really random, at least for me, but i had to talk about it somewhere so here goes the story of my day

I got home from my friends house around noon or so and no one was home, and the front door was locked (THANK GOD) so i went around the side, where i found my cat, Kizzy, now before i go on i must tell you that she is my fav. animal out of all the five that i have, she slept on my bed every night, cuddled what not, ok, so on the the story. She was laying there in the bushes and her fur on her backside was all matted and she was having much trouble breathing, so i rushed her inside while my friends mom went back to egt her dad who had once worked for a vet, durning this i could not get a hold of my parents, so called my aunt, who said she'd be over, well, my friends dad came and said she didn't look to bad, just a bunch of puncture marks, but was worried about her breathing, so my aunt uncle and i took her to the vet and they took her back there and i finally got in touch with my parents and they came and te vet told us that she had a lot of air and some blood in her lungs, so the had drained that and were trying to get her rehydrated when she stopped breathing, they tried to resesitate her but couldn't, the vet said she had major trauma to her lungs like she had been hit or fell or somehting, but wasn't sure what the ouncture wounds were; so we took her home in a burrial box to burry her and we let the other animals see her, two of my dogs kept barking and nuging her to i geuss wake her up (which i thought was sweet because i had thought it may have been the german shepards fault) and I actually did hold her, and took pictures (i didn't care if she was dead i didn't have very many to begin with, and then we burried her, and now she's really gone....I just must say that she was the most beautiful cat in the world. She was all black and she was very queen like, but the sweetest thing in the world (if she knew you) and i loved her more then any of our pets and she was just beautiful...

ok, sorry that was so long an rambling, but i just had to post it and get it off my chest, so thanks

17. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I am so very very sorry for the loss of your cat. I think some people don't realize what a special place in our hearts pets have and the sorrow we have when we lose them.

18. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    sorry to hear about your kitty....

I hate my parents...i know hate is a strong word but i honestly mean it....they refuse to let me grow up and thus i am most likely going to have to drop out of school despite my good grades. I really hate them now and i wish i never had to see them again because this is one thing i will never be able to forgive them for.

19. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    I agree! Your parents suck Tina!! I can ussually see both sides of things but not this time. I'm seriously concidering just giving it all up and leaving again. I don't like my other options, whatever the heck they are.

Allie, I'm really sorry to hear about your cat, and I sorry that I had to rant about Tina's post before I addressed your issue. Chris is right, people don't realize how important pets are. I love all of my animals and if anything ever happened to one of my cats I'd freak. I'm very, very sorry about your loss.

20. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i refuse to drop out....if that means going crazy to pay for it all that's what i will do....if i have to write my parents out of my life then oh well that's what i'll do then

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Tina and Stacie both, do NOT even consider dropping out!

I want you take this as advice not only from a friend but a voice of experience, your education is the most important thing for you right now. It is one of the biggest building blocks to shape who you become and your successes in the future. It may take hard work, sweat, and tears, but DO IT! I had to work my ASS, and yes I said it to drive home the point, to get through college. Sometimes things are not fair but if YOU want them enough then fight for it. Even if you don't have the support of you parents.

While we can't support you financially, KNOW that your friends here in SWAP, support your going to college.

To drop out now would be a huge mistake.

For one, you will have all of the bills of your loans and still have to make a living. You will not have the training neccessary or that little piece of paper called a diploma (and trust me it means ALOT) to get you the job you want. Besides, if you quit know, you may find it that much more difficult to go back later and start to rethink it then as well.

I'm going to talk very straight here. If earning your education mean something to you and you don't have the backing of your parents, then do it for yourself or you will regret it for a long time to come. If this means giving up partying, and hanging out with friends (yes even us), do IT!

Concentrate on your education. There are so many parallels in SW about this but I won't bring them up so as to not diminish what I'm trying to say.

Life isn't fair, but to give up, that's the easy route.

You both know my story and I'll finally tell it here to everyone.

I was homeless as a teen for a time. Before that I came from an abusive household where my father was a drunk and a druggie who beat me. My mother shuffled me off with her across the country to Phoenix not once, twice but three times. All on a whim.

My grandparents, who my mother and I came to live with, did not support my choice of college of education.

But, I overcame all of that. And the biggest word for this was DETERMINATION. Determination that I would prove them wrong. Determination that I would make something of myself. Determination that I would NEVER be homeless again.

It is time to buck up and grab life by the cahonies!

Don't do it for your parents, friends or family. DO IT for yourselves! You have to live with your decisions for the rest of your lives. Do not go through it wondering what could have been.

I care for you both like you were the younger sisters I never had. Whatever you decide I will respect your wishes, but please consider the gravity of your thoughts and the possible outcomes. You must think big picture and the future.

Trust me that getting your eduation, however hard it is while getting it, is worth it. When I graduated with my first degree, I was 5th in a class of 400 and I was proud. Not for anyone, but myself, because I had done it. Noone else! This was capped off further by my decision to go back to school and get my second degree for which I was 1st in a class of 500.

It CAN be done. Use my own life if you want. If you want to follow the statistics on a formely abused, homeless kid, earning two degrees, I'm sure they would not be in my favor, but I did it. You can to!

Okay, now the adult in me is done.
    I know I went on for a bit, but I am truly concerned for your future. You are both promising, smart women. The opportunities are endless for you, but you have to create an avenue for them to develope.

Your friend,
    Sal

p.s. Please do not hesitate to call me if you ever just need to talk or if there's any other way that I can help. know that I will do what I can.

22. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey, sorry for being so negative here. I was just frustrated. I'm not dropping out of school and I never should have implied that I was. This really isn't the place to be discussing a personal crisis of this varity and I'm sorry to have contibuted such unpleasent conversation.

On a lighter note, I finally got an A on a quiz in my religion class. I think that's a good sign that things are going to work out alright. I aslo had a very strange dream last night (kind of a nightmare actually) that could be interreted in wo ways. If I interrprete it the good way then I think that it seems to me that everything really is going to be alright.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, Sal.

Now, lets talk about something less morbid, eh?

23. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Allie, sorry to hear about your cat. I'm glad you found her before she died. It was probably a comfort to her having you there.

As someone without a college degree, I agree with Sal. Get it now while you're young and have no major obligations in your life.

Finally, to address another random thought...It's funny how TPM is growing on people. Does anyone remember how much people hated ROTJ when it first came out? They hated the Ewoks and the happy-sappy ending. Now no one says anything bad about the OT. I think the new trilogy will be the same way.

24. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    thanks sal, and bonnie...Stacie's right we shouldn't have brought it up. Neither of us wants to drop out of school, i intend to do whatever in my poewr to stay here, despite my parents, but i'm very quick running out of time to figure that all out. Thanks anyway though.

25. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    I'll THIRD the motion. Get the degree.

Not only getting a college degree(actually the courses are the easy part) but paying it off as quickly as you can is extremely important.

I worked construction in H.S. saving before college, worked 3 jobs DURING college, worked in Finance, accounting, etc. at Pitt between semesters for 4 yrs., and managed to pay everything off within a year of graduating!!!!

If you graduate and have 30yrs. of loans to pay off, all you are doing is putting your hard earned money into someone elses pocket-don't be a schlep-sacrifice NOW and pay it off.

and when you graduate make sure you use the degree to get a GOOD job(why else would you go to college?)-yes there are plenty out there-the dummies can't find em but the smart ones do.

After sacrificing a few yrs. of my life, I can simply write checks out new cars and anything else I need, just put a HUGE down payment on a house last year, investments are going great, and now I sit back and enjoy my hard earned $, I wouldn't be able to do that if I got caught in the college payment trap. Good Luck.

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."-Derek Bok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.