Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, another rant.

Why are all the good men either taken or gay?
  2. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    good men?? there are some around? j/k.....hmm. I dunno but i feel your pain
  3. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    WHERE IS MY MOM?????????????

It's 10pm and mom still hasn't picked me up!!

She is never on time for ANYTHING!!!!!!!

IT'S DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

When was she supposed to be there?

Just curious,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Believe it or not, this ended up being my 1,000 post. Heh...
  5. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    It's craziness! I got home last night at exactly 11:38!!

11:38!!

Of all the numbers!

*sigh*
  7. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want in on 'where are all the good men' rant!

Dang, but they are hard to find. Okay, being an outspoken, stubborn, somewhat arrogant, sarcastic average looking female probably doesn't help, but even still . . . sigh.
  8. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    networks suck!!!!!

it gave my computer a virus and now my computer doesn't work and i can't get online so i'm in a building using some foreign computer!!!!!!!!

only 2 more days of being on a network ever....

i don't care if it costs more next year when i pay for my own internet!!!! at least i won't get viruses and my virus scan will be updated more frequently....sigh
  9. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, me too....as well as a bunch of other people on campus. It sucks to be us because IUP's network screwed up all of our comptuers and there's nothing we can do about it!!!

It makes me angry, it does!

It's like, I'm really glad that my parents just finished paying off my computer a month ago, cause it doesn't work anymore. Woulda been nice if it had lasted a full year. Oh well though....

*SIGH!!*
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tonight was the Naval JROTC awards ceremony and changing of command. It was lots of fun to see all the kids marching around in their uniforms and getting awards.

It reminded me that once I got to go through a sword arch and 'be announced.' Okay, it was only so the NJROTC could practice, but it was still neat.

11. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    yes, so, how 'bout this weekend me and my hilary and hannah friend went to Clevland to see Zahi Hawass again!! (well, again for me and hilary) I don't know if you remeber, but i posted about it last october...there was no yummy Star Wars happenings this time, but we did spend the night there then go to the Rock and Roll hall of Fame on sunday...it was much much fun there and we bought shot glasses that say rock and roll hall of fame on them! and he signed my new book and my picture, and we got a new picture! and he said me and hilary were beautiful(from the picture) it was much fun!
  12. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, the boards have slowed down this week.

Is everyone busy?

I'm guessing finals maybe?

So where's all of the other folk?

Sings the song "Donkey" sings, in Shrek...

~~I'm so alone....~~
  13. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Random thought: You guys are copy cats :p You just wanted this thread because we have one :D

Anyway, are any of you coming back toward DC in the near future? We'd love to meet up again but are usually to lazy to drive up there.
  14. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually we had this thread awhile ago, but it got bumped down to oblivion and rather than look it up we started a new one.

I don't know of any plans to come down.

Is there something cool (related to SW) going on down in D.C. that we should be aware of?

We could coordinate with WV FF to have a multi FF gathering say in Morgantown, WV. That's roughly half way between our respective groups.
  15. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I'll bring that up at our meeting in a couple of days and see if we can come up with something :)

I'm also working on a group event with the DC Collectors Club so its hard to keep it all straight in this crooked brain of mine.
  16. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Been very busy!! Trying to squeeze projects into a too busy schedule!

Trying to learn to sew and solder!

Trying to work out details for a trip to Dragon Con over Labor Day weekend.

www.dragoncon.org

17. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    ack! i wanna go to dragoncon so bad! i dunno whats going on with school though, my friend is trying to get me to go with her and her brother, but i doubt even if i didn't have school i'd be alowed to go!
  18. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    The registration gets more expensive as time goes by. I've paid for mine, and worked out room arrangements. I'm planning to drive down to save $$$, although with the price of gas, flying might be cheaper! My car's pretty good on gas, though.

LMK if you can go and if I can help with anything.
  19. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I bought a lawn mower. After looking at the prices (gack!) I bought an old fashioned push one. On the down side it is more effort to use since all the energy to operate it comes from me. On the up side, it was cheaper, I never have to buy gas for it, it doesn't make any noise or pollution and I get some exercise. And I have to admit, it was kinda fun pushing it around. Although I seriously doubt that I'll feel that way after a couple of times mowing the lawn. :)

I have decided what costumes to wear during CIII (yes, I know that curiousity about this subject was keeping you all up at night) As of this moment, I'm going to wear my R2 costume (as seen at the comicon), Darth Discordia (last seen two Halloweens ago), Shaak Ti, and Luminara (along with my very own Padawan as Bariss, which I'm very excited about. I am such an ubergeek)

I miss having Wonk ay and the twins on line. Sigh.

Life observation: At 34 I can still do everyting I did at 20, but I need a nap afterwards. :D

20. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    I have an old electric push mower. 100ft of extension cord, and I can do my whole yard. Easy to start (flip a switch), easy to push. It's about as heavy as an upright vacuum. No safety features on it, though. If I let go, it will just keep going.

Funny that you should plan to to Luminara and Barris, as Allie was saying that she wants to do a Barris costume.

I was actually considering postponing the Mon Mothma idea and working on a Luminara costume instead. Now I don't know what to do! Oh, well, we don't have to wear it on the same day!

I won't have time to do anything with SW costumes for awhile anyway. Going to be VERY busy for the next 2 1/2 months.

I'm going to pick up some JB Weld tonight and try it out on my crown.

Namarie,
  21. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll tell you these cable companys are on drugs. They actually expect you to PAY your bill EVERY month and if you don't they shut you off. :[face_sigh]:
  22. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    You'd be surprised how well you can get along without it!

:)
  23. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought about ditching the cable (the bills are outrageous) but realized the few tv shows I do like are all on cable channels (except for the Simpsons). Not to mention the several history programs I've taped for the classroom. And I use the cable for my internet. So the cable company continues to get to extort a monthly check from me :rolleyes:

Speaking of checks, why oh why can't i get my checkbook to balance?!?!?!? :oops: I am a fairly intelligent, well educated person. I can add and subtract. Why won't my thrice-cursed, bantha lovin', stinkin', Sith-kissin' checkbook balance match the bank's balance????? ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHH!
  24. JediJasen Jedi Master

star 3
    Why is my arm pit so itchy? o_O

Am I ever going to get a chance to go to another SWAP meeting or event again? :(

25. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was reading a couple of Aismov Robot story collections (gearing up to go see I robot) Included in one of them was a series of articles Aismov had written about his Robot stories. Among them was the assertion that only humans (and I'm paraphrasing because I can't find the exact sentence) felt discontent. Expanding this idea further, isn't all of human achievement based on discontent? That people were unsatisfied with how things were, felt a desire to change things, and acted on that desire.

It is that last part, acting on the desire to change, that I hold is the most important. Feeling unhappy with what is going on is far less important that the willingness to act upon those feelings in order to change the existing conditions. The ability to accept that one can impact one's environment in such a way as to reshape it. Is this one of the fundamental characteristics of humanity?? Is it one of our most important characteristics?? Has it gotten humanity into more trouble than good?

On a less philosophical topic. I finally went to the doctors for my hip. Good news, my hips are fine. Just some buritis (sp?) Doctor says with some PT and the occasional ibiprophin (sp?) all will be well eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.