main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    not having tv to watch is very uncool espicially on my nightrs off I've managed to blow throug Alias seasons 1 and 2 finish off ST:DS9 season 1 and catch up on my netflix movies. I miss thwe internet most of all I can't keep track of my bank acout very easily and I don't get to talk to you guys.

2. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    So apparently my internet still works even though my mom has NEVER paid for it. Since when does a free trial last for several months??

Hi everyone, looks like I'm alive after all. It's been one heck of a summer, I miss the stress of school!!

First I have no phone, and then I have no job because I'm suspected of stealing large amounts of money. Now I'm in the middle of a lot of fun dental work, working 45 hours a week and trying to set up a date to take a lie detector test with a detective who never answers the phone. Yeah, it's great to be me ;)

But hey, I have the internet again, so that's a step in the right direction!!

Sorry about all the random incoherent ranting....but this is a random thoughts thread, so I guess it makes sense, lol.

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Glad to see your back!

So where's Tina now?

Yikes, a lie detector test.

I'd fail your test just because I'm a nervous sort about those things anyway. I don't trust a machine to read if a person is telling the truth or not. Too bad you can't just use a Jedi mind trick...

-Sal

4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that using a Jedi mind trick would be a bit dishonest...thus making me look guilty...or at least feel guilty anyway...

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Glad to see you back on the boards. :)

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Obi-wan wasn't being honest we he mind tricked that stormtrooper into believing those weren't the droids he was looking for...(Not saying you should lie of course-I was just trying to make light of the situation)

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    everyone knows that Obi-Wan lies all the time. If he told me Yoda was green I'd get out a color chart and check.

Any wonder his padawan fell to the Dark Side with an example like that to follow?

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmm, are you implying that from my advice, Stacie is a Dark Lord if the Sith? heh heh

Hmm, Darth Rajinn...sounds good to me.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, I thought Rajinn became a bounty hunter when she left the Jedi?

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That's what she told you, to throw off the scent.

I'm working on another Epic Duels board.

ENDOR!

This board has a fallen AT-ST and the bunker as well as a few trees near the edges as obstacles.

I won't have it done before the meeting this month, but hopefully for the picnic.

If I can I'll bring whatever I have by tomorrow, to show everyone.

I just ate all the ice left from my drip and now my tongue is cold and numb. (Hey, it's a random thought)
    -Sal

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay, so I'll have a playable version of an Endor board. No trees yet, but it works for now. So now we'll have two more boards to play on.

Next will be Naboo with a AAT and Fambaa as obstacles.

I haven't started on that one yet, and won't have anything to show for it Sunday, but might by the picnic.

12. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey, it's Stina-Cri that becomes a bounty hunter, not me. I become smuggler. Honestly, it's one thing for the two of you to discuss my apparent fall to the dark side, but to call me a bounty hunter?? I'm hurt! I'm distraught! Really! I mean, to call me a bounty hunter! A BOUNTY HUNTER!! It pains me that you would think so little of my character... Especially you Chris! After all, when the Jedi are defeated and the Republic falls don't YOU become little more than a glorified BABY-SITTER??

Yeah, that's right! So there! Take that!

A bounty hunter! HA!

*Shrugs*

Don't ask...

13. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm the only person i know who is in touch with the random side of the force.
    There is a such thing as a pair of pants, which would be two pants, than wut is 1 pant?

14. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Don't know if you ED addicts have searched the web for good resources but here's a couple good ones:

TLi's ED Page
    Yahoo! ED Group Lots of new characters, maps and links

15. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Ever wonder why the highway department decided to spell "Thru" T-H-R-U? No wonder nobody can spell!

16. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Why is it when you need your boss to back you he doesn't but instead sides with his corparate employers eventho backing you would have caused him no harm. GRRR I HATE corpare America I wish we could go back to haveing small stores where the top boss is there and not several states away in some office building who make 100 times as much as you do.

17. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    my family is driving me totally bonkers....i need to go back to school....fortunately i have less than a month, but it still seems so far away.
    On the bright side i've figured out the belt route system and how i can take the yellow belt to breakfast instead of paying to use the turnpike lol....all this from midnight to 3am.....i got two hours of sleep then me and stacie decided we had to take the drive in daylight....we got lost last night for a little while...it was scary. work tonight should be interesting....i am going to e living on coffee until i get home and crash.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sigh. I do end up a glorified babysitter. But then again, I end up a glorified babysitter with Qui-Gon, so I guess that's okay [face_love]

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I was going to post this under its own 'hello from gettyburg' thread, but unlike past years I didn't have an opportunity to get to a computer during the conference. Just no time. Seems like I was doing stuff from early morning until late at night.

Still, I had a great time. Learned lots of stuff (including creating newsletters, talking with the Media, inspiring new members to get involved, and a game called flip cup) I was sorry to have to miss the last day, but needed to get back in time to go to the LOTR concert.

The concert was fantastic, and well worth the effort to see. I can't wait to hear Bonnie tell us all about what it was like from the 'inside'

A big Thank you to Tina and Stacie for taking care of the cat while I was gone. Tina even did some dishes (what a wonderful padawan!) Tina also fixed my wallpaper so the image of Qui-Gon (okay, its really Liam in the new Batman, but it LOOKS like Qui) is nicely centered on the screen.

Which led me to be curious about what other variations to my computer screen could be made. (Please keep in mind that I am very much a point&click computer person. I can read my email, post on the boards, and use the word processor. That's about it) Anyway, I discovered I can change the icons and colors. (okay, I know this is a major duh to most people, but I was amused.) I changed the colors to green (of course) and had some fun playing with the different configurations.

Tina is impatient to get back to school, I can hardly believe that it is nearly time to go. Only 3 weeks left for me, and so much that I planned to do this summer is undone. I haven't done my new lesson plans, cutomed a Quilin Vos figure, finished organizing my SW room, painted the basement steps, or cleaned out the bedroom. Odds are most of this won't get done over the next 3 weeks either. Sigh. Were does the summer go?? Well, I am grateful to have 2 1/2 months to play, as I know most professions do not.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Heh heh, now you see , it's not as easy to get a custom done quick or right. heh heh.

Finding the time to do one the right way is hard to come by.

we had a new air duct system installed at my work today. Everytime someone walked by it blew their hair up. So, I see some people looking at it, feeling the breeze, but they all have short hair....

So...I walk up, undo my hairtie and flick my hair around like the prince in the new Shrek movie.

Everyone immediatly went back to work....ha ha. I loved it. I think they were more freaked that I did that, than the fact that I have longer hair than them and they couldn't get the effect did.

Heh heh.

Well, this is a random thread isn't it?

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
  22. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    haha! today was my last day! 31 days of freedom!! we didn't even do anything but have an awards assembly, whicj was fun at the beginning, but quit the sob fest by the end since one of my teachers is leaving!

i thought i'd take time to post my dream last night since it included a few of you:

I was at this big old warehouse and I geuss it was a convention or something, but there were a bunch of tables lined up, and Sal was there showing some little boy (that he called Tina, no less) it was like a poster and he was saying how he had to go to Dagobah to get them signed....? anyway, I walked a little further and I was talking to Bonnie who was talking about how Padme was supposed to be in the OT, and she was supposed to be the actress, but they cut her scenes out because she worried about what color skin she was supposed to have...and she showed me a magazine that she wrote "fight of the skin" on or something so it looked like there was an article about her or something. So I decided to go eat and I walked into the food court, but it was one of those big play areas like at Safari Sam's, so I was trying to find my way through, and find everyone and I couldn't find anyone and I was worried, but then I saw one of those green diamond shapes like above the Sims, and i knew thats where everyone was, So i got there and they were all eating this big platter of crabs and I ate some, but almost as soon as i got there the place was closing, so we had to leave....

it was really weird, because i woke up suddenly when someone said we had to leave to my dad telling me to get up....

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It is the future you see...

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, except I don't like crabs. Maybe I could get wings instead.

25. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hmmm, let's see here.

It needs to be Sunday. Sunday at 2 pm. I can't deal with work anymore. I need a vaction. A life long vacation.
    XM radio may be one of the coolest inventions I've ever seen. I don't think I've listened to regular radio(except at work) since I got the thing. I'm not too excited about the 10 bucks a month, but for 90% commercial free, un-edited radio, I'll deal with it. Not to mention, when driving to Indy, I won't have to worry about searching for radio stations or changing CDs. Even though that's what my passengers would be for ;)
    Insomnia sucks. Well, it does when you have to work early in the morning. When I've got nothing to do the next day, it's not so bad. It's peaceful in the middle of the night. I don't have to deal with that many people. No one to bother you.
    Steelers reported to training camp today. Boo-Ya!!! I can't wait for football season. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy. Maybe it's cause I'm from Pittsburgh. Maybe it's a combination of both. But I still can't wait for football. But, should I really be this excited for training camp? I mean, all they are doing is practicing. I guess it's because it's a sign that the regular season is coming soon.
    Speaking of football, I think I figured something out. Ben Browder must be a Steelers fan. Or at least a Joey Porter fan. I was watching Farscape, and in the episode "Vitas Mortis", the Crichton character gets upset about something, and kicks at the ground. But, he did the Joey Porter boot.(which should be patented or something.) Anyone who watches Steelers football knows what i'm talking about. And I figured, it can't be a coincidence.
    Wow. (Former)Pirate pitcher Kris Benson's wife is really pretty. I didn't even know she was famous. Nor did I know about the whole magazine interview "controversy". You can learn alot on this here fancy internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.