main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Even MORE Random Thoughts!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, I am having a wonderful day....yes, I truly am...*sighs* accept for the simple fact that the world is currently organizing my impending fall from sanity!

:eek:

OK, perhaps that?s just a bit dramatic, lol.

Actually I?m just mad because my boss is playing games with me and the bank hates me (I over drafted without actually doing anything wrong, AGAIN!!) and Gen Con apparently thinks that I deserve to pay for TWO badges instead of just one. Yep, that?s right, they charged me twice. Which caused my bank account to tell me I over drafted (even though I didn?t, I have over draft protection) and my boss is apparently completely opposed to my working during the week so that I can go home when I have to on weekends. Plus I have over a hundred pages to read for my geography test tomorrow. Oh, woe is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I?m done, sorry about that?.just had to get it out of my system. Now it?s off to read my fascinating text book on the geography of the U.S. and Canada. Thrilling, eh?

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    My phone at work is a piece of junk.

I was supposed to tell you guys that Brian doesn't have internet today. So if you're trying to get a hold of him, it will be a while before he responds. :)

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Uh-oh, he's not active anymore....heh heh, Just joking HA HA.

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Actually, I won't have internet during the day for quite some time, so if something happens and you guys need me, I won't find out until I get home from work and after I eat dinner.

We're moving offices at work and it's ever-so-fun. Blah.

So very tired,
    Yours Truly

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Reinstated, heh heh.

Just a running joke...

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    My random thoughts . . .

Whoever invented buffalo wings was a very clever person. Whoever thought to make 'boneless wings' was a genius.

We are doing the Constitution right now in my history class. I love this unit. I get so excited about this document, its such an incredible piece of work. The ideas expressed in it are amazing. The fact that it has been in operation for more than 200 years with just minor adjustment is astounding. And that preamble. Wow. Just so stirring and inspiring.

Aren't history teachers an odd bunch. I would say that is too general, that I should be specific and say that I am an odd person, but I know too many other history teachers. I stand by my original statement: History teachers are an odd bunch. :D

Dead horses should not be beaten.

Of course, living horses shouldn't be beaten. Its just not nice. Teenagers on the other hand . . .

The grass in my yard needs cut. Actually, it is past the 'needs cut' stage and well into the vacanct lot stage. A small child could get lost in it. I just have lacked the motiviation to get out the lawn mower and cut it. When I have the energy to do it, I have other things to to. When I have the time to do it, I don't have the energy. Perhaps it will snow soon and cover up the grass.

My hair also needs cut. It is well into the shaggy, unkempt phase. Should have gotten it cut weeks ago. I have to call and make an appointment, soon.

I have four lovely pumpkins growing in my garden. I must pick them soon, before someone else decides to pick them. This is what happened to the mini-pumpkins that were growing there last year. :(

I haven't decided exactly what to do with them yet. Perhaps I will take them to the kids house. Four kids, four pumpkins. Although at two months, Bethany isn't really up to carving pumpkins.

I like pumpkin seeds. Soaked in salt water, then roasted. Yum.

Hmmmmmmmm. How many carbs in pumpkin seeds??

7. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Why do we have room inspections tomorrow?? Why are they taking place when we're not here? Why is it starting to look like I'll be cleaning this place up all by myself? It's not fair!!

Now I have to hide my animals!!!!

*Sighs*

I truely am begining to think that life is conspiring against me.

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    sorry i was busy....i'm not sure how that happened....i'm glad sheetz is open all night

9. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    No worries, it got done. We may have animals in our closets, but hey, at least we have them.

10. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    i just had an extreme jump of excitement for April-May of next year! it'll be so busy!! and i'll get to call off work ALOT!

-CIII...i guess the 20-26?
    -sisters graduation May, 5-7
    -NYC trip 9-13
    -14 my birthday (don't HAVE to call off, but i don't wanna work then!)
    -and the 19th for episdoe III

wow, i am just really excited all of a sudden! I am gonna talk to my boss soon and make sure it's ok...if its not, i'll do it anyway!

so thats my random thought at a quarter to 11 when i still have to finnish homework and take a shower!

(sorry i am really hyper)

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I hear ya, Allie. I'm extremely excited about the vents of next year. I have another thing planned for CIII that I'll bring up at the meeting. I wiil say that it involves a multi-national effort...

-Sal

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Of course, living horses shouldn't be beaten. Its just not nice. Teenagers on the other hand . . .

And Jedi ;) Don't forget to add Jedi to the "can be beaten list" :p

13. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    it's always nice when jedi ....especially hot jedi...are beaten

i'm actually horrified at the idea of requesting off work for C3....i am so poor, but i'm going to do it anyway....obviously

14. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    My sugar dropped into the 40's two mornings in a row. That's not good!

Makes me feel like crap. I got it back up with no problems, but now I just want to crawl into a corner and take a nap.

I had blood work done this morning. They took 5 vials from me!! (Stupid doctors) I thought it justified a trip to Dunkin Donuts on the way to work.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Umm, doughnuts......(ala Homer Simpson)

16. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Was just hired at Sheetz on 4th street. The coffee section smells sooo goooooood. Why does coffee have to taste horrible? :p

And if any twins should read this and want a free MTO... ;)

17. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Wow! Someone else who feels the same as I do about coffee. Coffee and beets - if they tasted as good as they smelled, I would like them.

I used to like the smell of coffee even better until I spilled a bunch on myself when I was working at McDonald's (No, I didn't sue!).

Be careful of that hot Sheetz coffee. ;)

18. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    now we have to come visit you sometime lol, what time of the day will you work?

19. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll be there from 2pm - 7pm. Though I'm still training so, I have no idea what I'll be doing any of those days.

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the way coffee tastes.

This next bit is nothing more than prideful bragging (hmm, is there another sort of bragging, I wonder?) Anyway, my co-author Layren forwarded this to me. Our young Qui-Gon fic got reviewed in this fanfic newsletter. Here's what they had to say. And here's the link to the story.

Repercussions

Title: Repercussions
    Author: Layren & greencat336
    Timeframe: pre-TPM

Reviewer #1

Rating: Very Good
    Comments:

Repercussions" is a prequel-era fanfic co-authored by greencat336 and Layren, centering around a young Qui-Gon Jinn and his two best friends, fellow Jedi Knights Kyran and Devin (both original characters created by the authors).

In a word, "Repercussions" is intense. Apart from the New Jedi Order novel Traitor, I've never read a Star Wars tale with such tortures inflicted upon its characters. At times depressing and quite graphic, and full of angst and emotion till the end, "Repercussions" is not for the faint of heart.

However, that aside, it is a very well-written story. Qui-Gon is very much in-character here, his reputation for defying the Council and his sensitivity for life both well-explained and solidified.

Starting out with a seemingly simple situation, the story opens with Qui-Gon doing little more than baby-sitting. From there we're quickly taken to a barfight complete with criminals and angry mobs, and when Qui-Gon receives fairly harsh disciplinary action from the Jedi Council, we don't think things can get all that much worse for him. But a deceptively simple assignment turns into a six-month nightmare of incarceration and torment for the young Jedi Knight, and months more see Qui-Gon, Kyran, and Devin struggling their way through existence in along the Outer Rim.

Greencat and Layren have quite a grasp of the philosophy of the Force, and of human nature. A meditation session with Mace Windu relatively early in "Repercussions", scenes examining the motivations and feelings of the embittered (early on, anyhow) friends, and Qui-Gon's time in "the Hole" are particularly poignant. I hesitate to say much more, for fear of spoiling the story. And what a story it is; though the authors profess that it's difficult for them to write action scenes, those are integrated well enough with the rest of it all that it doesn't matter. You may not see the flashiness of a duel with Darth Maul, but that's hardly the main appeal of this story in the first place. Struggle with the Dark Side, triumph over it, the power of friendship, and perseverance throught hardships of all kind make for a very moving and powerful tale, with some witty banter between characters added to lighten things up at times.

However, nothing is perfect; even this wonderful piece has its flaws, minor though they may be. Unless you're used to and enamored of extreme angst, multiple pages of the abuses heaped on Qui-Gon in a prison may get tedious. Also, one wonders why Qui-Gon and his friends don't simply turn themselves in to the Republic when they are being hunted down by another government; after all, wouldn't the Republic at least treat its prisoners with civility while waiting for due process to take its course? But of course, we wouldn't have a story if they did that, and that wouldn't be a good thing.

And there are some continuity discrepancies with the "main" SW universe; though Qui-Gon should be older than Mace Windu, the latter sits on the Council alongside Yoda in this story, despite the fact that Qui-Gon is only in his late twenties. Depa Billaba, also relatively a young Jedi even when Qui-Gon is in his 50s or 60s, is similarly mentioned on the Council. So is Ki-Adi Mundi--the lowest-ranking of the Council according to multiple sources--along with Plo Koon, who should be Qui-Gon's age if he is, as most sources claim, his close friend and confidant. However, that last is the most forgivable of "Repercussions'" flaws, considering that the dynamic between Qui-Gon and th

21. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Congratulations! Sounds intriguing. I will definately read it!

I found a pair of platform shoes that will make me tall enough for my Galadriel costume without killing my feet! I thought I was gonna die after 3 days of Galadriel in Atlanta! Especially after the parade! OWW! :p They're not exactly Elvish, and they're brown, but I don't care!!

I have a new nephew! Jaycob Russell Humphrey was born yesterday to my youngest brother, Paul and his wife Ashley. 7lbs 7oz and 20"long. They live in eastern PA. My parents are there for a long weekend visit.

22. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    ooo
    Congratulations, bonnie! I love the name Jacob, intresting spelling...i love babies!

my cousin got a puppy, and I am trying to convince her to name it Artoo, since she whines alot and sounds like Artoo...my aunt however is thinking things like "wood" or "sky" or "river" things you don't normally think of for a dog...i like Artoo though

23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hashbrown please!

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    You want the dog's name to be Hashbrown?

That's funny!

25. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Sure....Hashbrowns are cool, puppys are cool, why not?

I want a dog named Hashbrown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.