main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA EVENT: 06-27-10 - Disneyland Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day VI

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    What: The 6th Annual Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland!
    When: Sunday 27th June 2010
    Where: Disneyland of course!
    More Info: http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/

T-Shirts are available for Pre-Order NOW at the website. Design is under wraps but it will be awesome as always! The pre-order is open now to make sure you get your shirt in time for the event. All profits go to American Cancer Society as always.

We will take a large group picture in front of the castle at 2pm. Please don't be late, and remember to smile (and don't blink!)

There's an event on facebook for this also so please pass it along to all your facebook friends!

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Thanks again for the posting Stuart. We'll definitely go over the details of this event at the April meeting as well. Anyone who hasn't gone, make this year the year to go! They changed the day to Sunday (yea =D=)which means more folks should be able to attend. See as many of you there as possible.[:D]

3. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I will totally be there

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    T-Shirt design!!!!!!!

[image=http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/2010-logo.jpg]

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey folks, here's the website to order your shirts. Don't miss out...make sure to get yours as you'll look super retro cool and the money will go for a great cause.:)

Go Here:

http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sad to say that I won't be able to make it this year. We'll be in Wisconsin. :_|

8. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Enjoy your cheese. hee hee ;)

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I hear there's some good fishing, too. Makes me wonder... do they use cheese as bait????

10. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Sorry to hear Kari, maybe next year.

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Don't forget to order your shirts!

12. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    The Hanchewie clan won't make it to this event. It is on a Sunday, and Bill has to work that day. And of course we can't afford for the rest of us to make it.

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    So sorry to hear that Sandy. You and Bill will be missed greatly.:( [:D]

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    For all those going to this, the new World of Color attraction will be up and going at Caifornia Adventure. This is going to be quite a show indeed![face_dancing]

Who is planning on going this year?

Attending Disneyland Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day VI

Mike + Sheila Dane
    Nikol + Ronnie

Not Attending

Kari
    Bill + Sandy

15. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    the wife and I wont be able to attent

16. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Who is planning on going this year?

Attending Disneyland Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day VI

Mike + Sheila Dane
    Nikol + Ronnie

Not Attending

Kari
    Bill + Sandy
    Jessie + Natalie

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Do we have anybody else going to this event from the group? I'd hate to know you're gonna be there and we didn't know it because you didn't post. If anyone who hasn't posted on this, as this event is coming up next weekend please do so. IEFF Rocks![face_dancing]

18. ScruffyNerfherder78

ScruffyNerfherder78 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2010
    I will be There wooooot! Figured I'd join an unofficial fan club inland so I wouldn't be an outcast at Disneyland lol

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Welcome! If you'd be so kind as to tell us a little about yourself in the third thread called "Roll Call" which is above this thread...that would be awesome of you.:)

You actually joined an "Offical Fan Club" and you'll be attending an "Unoffical" fan day at Disneyland. :D

So where did you hear about us to sign up? Did I read correctly that you'll be attending the event on the 27th at Disneyland?

20. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Wont be able to make it this go round. Was trying to see if I could squeeze it in but this weekend is just too packed. I talked to Jen and she regrets that she wont be able to make it either. May the force be with you all. Hopefully next year.

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I see you waited until late to squeeze that in on us :p

You two will be totally missed [:D]

22. ScruffyNerfherder78

ScruffyNerfherder78 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2010
    Yes Hanshotfirst I will be attending :)

23. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I will be there 2011 I promise!!!

24. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

Good to hear. Please go to the Welcome to the Inland Empire Fan Force thread which is second thread from the top and please read. I've copied one section in particular that needs your attention. See below:

VIII. Underage Members
    Anyone, regardless of age, may become a member, post on the forums, and attend official meetings and events.

However, anyone under 18 years of age will be required to fill out a Parent Consent Form to participate in any IEFF meeting and event. The form the parents will be asked to fill out is as follows:

The Inland Empire Fan Force is comprised of members that reflect all ages. However, it is important for parents to be aware of several things if they choose to let their minor child join the club.

1. Minors must be supervised by their parent or legal guardian at all IEFF events. While it is never the club's intention to allow a minor to get into trouble, the responsibility of the child's actions lay completely with the child and his/her parents or guardians.
    2. The club encourages parents to participate in meetings and at events in order to get to know the members of the group and what types of activities the club engages in.
    3. While no alcohol will be served or consumed at any official meeting by a club member, be aware that an official meeting or event may take place in a venue such as a restaurant where alcohol is being served to others.
    4. The group attempts to maintain all discussions at the PG level. However, some inappropriate language might inadvertently be used.
    5. Members of the club will not be responsible for transporting a child to meetings and/or social events.
    6. A parental waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian and the child before that child is allowed membership in the club.
    7. The parents must provide the club with a current address, home phone number, work phone number, and cell phone number. The parents must also provide the phone number of a family friend or relative not residing in the same household.

Date:_______________________________________________________
    Parent Signature______________________________________________
    Minor Signature_______________________________________________

25. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    :) Thought I'd post some interesting facts and info you'll need to know if you're going to watch the World of Color show at California Adventure. I've highlighted the important ones...See below:

What is World of Color?
    World of Color is a spectacular nighttime water show comprised of fountains, lasers, fire, projected images and music.

Where is World of Color located?
    World of Color takes place outdoors on Paradise Bay in Disney California Adventure? Park at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California.

How long is the show? What are the showtimes?
    The World of Color show lasts approximately 25 minutes. Find showtimes in the Calendar or check the Entertainment Times Guide when you arrive at the Disneyland® Resort.

Do I need to purchase a separate ticket to view World of Color?
    No, but you will need a valid Theme Park ticket for admission to Disney California Adventure? Park, or a non-blocked Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport. For most showtimes, you will need a Disney's FASTPASS® ticket for access to the viewing area at Paradise Park.

I have heard I need a Disney's FASTPASS® ticket to see World of Color. What is that and how much does it cost?
    There is no charge for use of the FASTPASS® Service, a first-come, first-served system that holds your virtual place in line. World of Color FASTPASS® machines are located adjacent to Grizzly River Run inside Disney California Adventure? Park. Your Disney's FASTPASS® ticket will give you the showtime, viewing section and return time. Tickets are limited.

Can I exchange my Disney's FASTPASS® ticket for a different time or section?
    Your FASTPASS® ticket is non-transferable. Paradise Park was expertly designed to provide stunning views of World of Color from all areas and section assignments are distributed based on availability and are subject to change without notice.

I don't have a Disney's FASTPASS® ticket. Can I arrive early and save a space at the Paradise Park viewing area?
    In order to prepare for World of Color, Guests must leave Paradise Park a few hours before each day's first showtime. Entry will begin during the first designated FASTPASS® return-time window. Guests who do not have a Disney's FASTPASS® ticket have the option to purchase a dinner package or picnic meal (as available) or view the show from other locations around Paradise Bay.

Can I make advance reservations for World of Color?
    There are no advance reservations for World of Color. However, entry to preferred or reserved viewing areas is available as part of special dinner packages at Ariel's Grotto and the Wine Country Trattoria or by purchasing World of Color picnic meals in advance online or in person at Sonoma Terrace (while supplies last). Space and quantities are limited.

What kind of seating is available for World of Color?
    The World of Color viewing area in Paradise Park is designed for standing. A limited number of benches are available for Guests who may have difficulty standing.

Are there stairs getting to and from the World of Color viewing area?
    Although there are some stairs in the Paradise Park viewing area, there are also ramps connecting the area's different terraces.

What types of accessibility viewing is available?
    Each section of the viewing area has ample space for wheelchairs.

Are assistive listening devices available?
    Yes. Disney's Handheld Devices, which provides assistive listening, can be used in select locations within the World of Color viewing area. Obtain a receiver (deposit required) at the Guest Relations Lobby inside Disney California Adventure? Park.

Will I get wet?
    Guests standing along the water's edge may get wet. See a Cast Member for assistance within the viewing area.

Is World of Color suitable for younger children?
    World of Color is designed for the entire family. However, it does contain fire, strobe effects, lasers, loud noises and rapidly changing scenes of light and dark.

Will some attractions close

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.