main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson [EVENT] April 22nd - March of Dimes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Boga-the-Magnificent, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    What? I always thought the nougat is "Chewie"...

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    bUT WITHOUT nOUGAT THERE CAN BE NO HARMONIOUS sNIKERS

Ooops (caps)

3. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    If you are all finished candy coating this we have serious business!!!!! :-B

:p ;)

4. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Don't sweet talk us, Boga.

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am exicited at the prospect of a semi-padme gown to wear.. while granted it is not "exact".. it is indeed something that Padme' would wear.. along with my hair.. and I could always buy an extra one and dye it and make it more her color.. would so love to have this dress in time for the event.

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    No sugarcoating here, just bringing this back up to the top of the page.

7. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    not sure I will be able to have this gown in time.. in reality it is not from SW at all. but it would still be SWish.. perhaps more along the lines of something one of the older female senators would wear.. still looking and trying to decide.. gonna give Julie a call and see how the MoD plans are going for this event.. and what if anything we should be doing at this point.

does anyone think maybe MJDS and I are often the same brain within one body.. jeesh.. okay.. cathiecat screwed up once again!![face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] :confused::oops: [face_beatup]

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Hey, Jake, maybe you could try the gown on for us at the meeting today.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Gah! Bad visual, Bad![face_sick]

10. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005

11. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    I've updated the PFF on this and asked them to post in this thread if they are coming down.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we are now set with Gabrielle, rather than Julie for the event.. Julie has gone to a different job and she wants us to know that she hopes to see more of us.

registration begins at 7am..so we need to be dressed and ready by 7am at the LATEST that morning.. I am still waiting to hear about the tent and ice chest and directions.. this is all I know at this time..as I get the information I will pass it on to you.

if you want to walk for the event go here to set up your page for online donations..and to register early so you don't have to do it the morning of the event.

this is the link for our team page.. you will have to cut and paste as the link markup won't take this long of a link and mark it. do not click on the partial link.. it is marking up on its own.. copy and paste the link in its entirity starting with the HTTP://www. don't leave any of the lines out when you copy and paste, no matter the color of the letters..

http://www.walkamerica.org/wd_regp04.asp?si=C77A486F-DABD-4069-8B8F-42AE193EE62C&v=5&pnum=0&w=&g=&pname=&tnum=&tid=82138&tname=Star+Wars+Two+Suns+Fans+Force&change=&subnum=272919&walk=company&subname=Star+Wars+Two+Suns+Fan+Force&prefill=&u=

**ignore all the brown markups.. they are not to be clicked on.. copy and paste the MOD team link.. all the lines of it. **

13. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    These people just don't like a wench to get her sleep! :(

14. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Does not look like it.

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Okay, we got us a start time of 7:00 AM. Where do we park, and where do we need to be, in costume, at 7:00 AM?

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    still waiting to find out, I have a call and email in to their office.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    ***New Relevant Info***

speaking of.. just got a call.. the maps were just completed today.. the entrance is on main street.. not sure of just where.. but she is getting me a map.. now it is Nadine.. not Gabrielle that we are coordinating with.. we can bring a 10x10 tent and our ice chest with water and gatorade.. however.. only Pepsi products are allowed on the UofA campus.. so no coca-cola products.. so no Dasani water.. probably easiest to just stick with off brand water (this is not a joke.. the UofA only uses Pepsi products)

I am thinking we should plan on arriving between 5am and 5:30am just to be on the safe side.. we have to be on site dressed by 7am.

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Not that it makes any difference to me, since I don't care to drink either Pepsi or Coke, but is Julie/Gabrielle/Nadine saying that if we try to bring a Coca-cola product onto the UA campus they will confiscate it? Or is it a case where Pepsi is a co-sponsor of this event? (Seriously, do not bring any soda to quench your thirst, especially those of us in FBOs(Full-Body Outfits). The sugar in the sodas will only make you thirstier. Water and sports drinks are best at keeping one hydrated. As Damien never ceases to remind me, I speak from experience.)

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    How long is this supposed to last? I get off work at 330 that morning. My next job that day starts at 1830, i know it wont last that long but sleep is good. I am going to try and get the 21st off, but can't garauntee it. If so, do we need a last minute gear up/repar session the night before?

20. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    three to four hours long.. so will be over by noon at the very latest I would think.

does anyone even think your CR has a brain or her own name anymore.. perhaps MJDS really is not a person.. and it is just an extra sock..everyone just imagines he exists... or maybe it is me.. everyone just imagines I exist.. LOL.. sigh.. okay.. sorry ya'll I did it again!!

21. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    You know, I was at a UofA event in February and there were Coke products there.

Not that it really makes a difference because I'll only want Water or Gatorade.

UofA really can't restrict the beverage people bring on campus as long as we aren't handing them out.

NOT that I'm trying to make an issue of it. :p

hides a Coke under her cloak

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cat u got the map yet? I could swing by and grab one to scan in for the rest of us

23. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I'll rig a camelback in my back armor, fill it with Ice, Coke and be a happy sippin' Clone Commander the whole time! And no one will know...MuahahahaahhH!!!! [face_devil]

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I probably won't have the maps until just a few days before the event.. if Nadine says we can I will swing by their office on monday and pick the maps up though.

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    If I read this correctly, THEY will not supply a tent for us, WE have to bring our own?
    Anybody got a 10x10 tent, do we need to rent one, or do we strategicly park vehicles and hide behind car doors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.