main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson [EVENT] April 22nd - March of Dimes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Boga-the-Magnificent, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    you did get that right.. they do not have a tent for us.. we must supply our own.. does anyone already have one.. I had thought for some reason that someone did..

2. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the high for this event is supposed to be 90*F but not that early in the day.. should be fairly comfortable till at least 10am. though not sure of the temp exactly.. but I will keep an eye on the weather channel this week to keep us up to date.

3. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    IF we don't have a tent is there a facility where we could change?

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not that she is aware of. It will all most likely be locked up at that time of the morning she said.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    :confused: I have to get undressed + dressed in public + in front of the TFF? [face_chicken]
    [face_praying] Geezzz, just when I thought I'd stop hearing "little guy".o_O

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    90 degree heat and no shade? Wookiee, feel the burn!

7. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    must.not.make.comment.must.keep.mouth.shut.will.not.post.will.sthu.shutting.the.hell.up.now . . . :D :p

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Hehehe, I was wondering who would "take the bait".

9. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this event. Because of my job, I can't be there at 7:30am. :( But I wish you guys all the best!

10. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    :( Hopefully you can hook up with us soon. :D

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  13. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    OK, I've gotten a map of the UofA and done some "scribbling" on it:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/UAmappic.jpg]

The "Old Main" area refers to a rather large area. We need to figure out just where we are going to meet there. Also, and I'll assume that the parking area I circled behind Centenniel Hall will be filled pretty early. The Tyndale Parking Garage will be free to park and we could armor up there if need be. If we are going to do that, let's decide now a level, etc. that we will be on to do that.

If you want "the bigger picture" of the map, here is the .pdf of it:

http://iiewww.ccit.arizona.edu/uamap/campus-map_Jan-04.pdf

Has there been a tent secured or are we going to have to do without it?

14. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    You going to walk in costume Damian?

15. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    I have set an alarm on my phone to go off at 8:45 am on Friday so that I can call into KLPX for their 9am freebie announcement

16. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I'll do what I can to get to my storage unit Thurs./Fri morning after work...I have 2 tents...
    a 4 person and a 6 person...I don't remember if I have tent stakes...I won't know until I check the storage unit so I may need at least 12-16 stakes

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Guess so. I supose I didn't learn a lesson the last time. [face_monkey]

18. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    The parking lot behind Centennial is miniscule, so Tyndall is a good bet for parking.
    I think a good place to meet would be on the grass in front of (i.e. south of) the Communications building, there should be plenty of room there.

19. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Well if you're gonna do it in costume, Im not gonna abandon you, plus a lone Jawa walkin might look weird, Ill walk it with ya

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the map I have here at home has all the pertinent details on it.. the course and the start point..it came in the mail on saturday. The Tyndale Garage is listed as one of the garages of choice for attendees to use, I will scan the map into my computer and put it on our TFF Photobucket site.. as that is the only way I have to post it.. and you can print it from there. A few members already saw the map, Kat, Hal, Frank, myself and MJDS.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Tent Stakes?? Anyone have tent stakes.. or any ideas on how we can rig some up quickly.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Not wanting to add to anyone else's confusion, but I have a few questions.

Since we need to be in costume by 7:00 AM, does that mean we should meet at the Tyndall parking garage at 6:30 AM? And on which level of the garage do we meet up with each other? (If we are going to pitch a tent, then those pitching the tent SHOULD arrive at 6:00 AM so there is time to pitch the tent and then get dressed.)

I could not find a start location for this event on any of the maps. Where is the start location? Could not find a map on the photobucket site. Whether I choose to walk or not(probably won't, anyway) depends on this. The MD map site only shows the U of A campus, no start or finish line.

All the questions I can think of right now.

23. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Tent stakes(cheapie ones) should be available in the outdoor/camping section at Walmart, Target, or Kmart, or at any outdoors store. If you need nylon rope, I've got plenty.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sorry ya'll.. I have not scanned the map.. I am not feeling all that great today to be honest..don't worry.. by saturday I will be great.. I am just trying to cut back on pain meds and not handling dealing with the pain that well.. I WILL get it scanned in by tonight. I think it will take more than thirty minutes for most of our guys to suit up.. it did at the MS walk.. it took over an hour. The walk has several water stops along the way and anyone that can not finish the walk can be picked up at these stops along the way... I actually think the tent should be pitched at the very latest by 6am.. which means planning on being there by 5:30am.. because no way will we be on time.

25. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    If I can somehow "fix" Bly to be better mobile, I will do the walk...if I can't then I guess I will be with the Vader. I need to take a day off to get'er done..lets see if they let me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.