main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson [EVENT] April 22nd - March of Dimes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Boga-the-Magnificent, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    do not get into trouble with work.. I can certainly try and do the walk for a bit in my outfit.. then if it gets to be too much take off the costume part way through.

click on link for the MAP

Map for event is here.. though hard to see, it is black and white.. I have the actual map here at the house if you need to see it better.. or I can email it to you and maybe the file will be larger than the photobucket photo is

on a fundraising note.. we are over $200 in donations at this time!! HURRAH!! Not sure we will make it to the goal I set of $400 though.. still trying to get more in though.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Found the map, found the starting point(Old Main). If anybody is interested in this fact, it is close to a half-mile walk from the Tyndall garage to Old Main. What about the parking garage behind the Administration building? Will it be open for parking? It would cut down the distance we have to walk/carry tent/supplies of water/costumes by about half, to a quarter-mile.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not sure about that parking garage behind admin.. but I think pretty much all parking is available.. we will be able to get up front to unload things early that morning.. we just have to be parked in the other area once things are getting going.. unless she says otherwise that morning.. but we can pull in close to unload.. she already said that to me.. just have to do it early in the morning. I would say 6am at the latest.

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am not 100% sure just yet...but there is a possibility that I may not be able to make it for this event. I might have to drive to Suprise,Az on Sat to take my niece home...and there is no one else to do it, due to my sister has a crap car. I will try to get out of it, so we will see.

Oh..my holsters and blaster pistols came in. Thank you Lady J for lettin' me know the box was outside!

5. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Is it really a half-mile walk from Tyndall to Old Main?? [face_thinking] It only takes 5 minutes max to walk the distance...
    You are right though, the parking garage behind the Administration building would be a little closer, and it, too, is free on the weekend.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am saying a prayer someone in Mugen's family comes through.. I know how bad he wants to be at this event. either way we will make a go of it. So excited everyone!! Bring your digital cameras.. and I will bring regular camera. Don't worry about the poloroid.. the money it will take is way more than we can afford.

7. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Depends on whether you are parked closer to Tyndall or to Euclid.

8. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    YAY! I registered for the walk!

9. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    What is your page?

10. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Imm bring the tent stakes, and look into a canopy.

Im having problems with painting the Vader, but it should be passable for the vent, and Ill work on it more before the next event.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Have we decided what garage we are meeting at?

I'd advocate meeting at the Tyndale side of the Tyndale parking lot. Enter from that side, not Euclid.

6am? Is that our timing?

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we already have a canopy in the garage ready to use

okay.. this is the plan.. I am arriving with Damien early.. hopefully by 5:30am.. that is the plan.. we are setting up a canopy for dressing in.. if you arrive EARLY you can unload your vehicles at the event site.. and then go and park in the garage.. also.. I have a handicap permit so we can leave one vehicle parked eventside the whole day.. I was thinking the largest vehicle would be best.. I think that is Dustin's truck. Hope that all makes sense.. if it doesn't call me on the phone and I can explain it that way. Also, if you have a spare sheet or two bring them.. to drape over the canopy for dressing privacy.. I am bringing a couple.. plus make sure they are sheets you do not mind having safety pin holes in.. as that is how I am attaching the sheets to the canopy. then rubberband the sheets to stakes to put in the ground to keep them from blowing around.. not the prettiest thing.. but we will take down the sheets after everyone is done with dressing, so we will be left with just a canopy to relax under if need be.

registration is 7am..be dressed and ready at the start by 7am for entertaining people.. or for registering if you are actually walking!!! carry your cell phones with you so I can call you if there is a change in plans.. there has been no one in the MOD office since Wednsday.. and no way to communicate or ask any questions until tomorrow morning. I had Julie's private numbers.. but these other two women did not give me their private number's, so just be ready if you get phone calls in the morning changing where we park or get dressed. If you arrive EARLY Nadine said you should be able to pull right up to the event to unload your stuff at our canopy spot..then park in the garage and walk back to get ready.. or possibly one of us can make a drive in the largest vehicle and drive you back from the garage, as far as I know they are not closing any roads off for the event.. but as you can see from the map we will be walking around the exterior of the campus.. so we will be on the sidewalk next to the street.. we should probably all walk together.. and be ready to do pictures at the water stations.. as I figure people will want photos at water stations.. like they did at MS.. though perhaps not.. we won't know till we get there and do the walk.

okay.. we have coming for sure..

cathie
    Damien
    Jada
    Jack
    Dustin
    Kat
    Antone
    Chris

who am I missing

is anyone available for taking me to the store tonight to pick up the rubberbands, safety pins, and also some drinks for tomorrow, otherwise I need someone to pick up these items.

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, I've just been informed that even though this event has been on the schedule for a long time I can't leave my house until 6:15am because the person who gave birth to me decided to have a garage sale tomorrow. [face_frustrated]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    what do I need to do for any of you (phone calls, velcro.. gluing, taping, sanding, painting.. whatever)to help you be ready for tomorrow morning.. just let me know either by here or by phone.

15. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I shou;ld have a bantha fodder Jango if Vader falls through..............

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know everything will be great tomorrow, everyone sounds like they are doing all that is necessary to make it a great success.. forgive me if I am over the top.. I am doing my best to calm down..

running to wal mart in a while with frankie.. anyone think of anything we need to pick up.

17. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I posted my photos!
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/March%20of%20Dimes%202006/

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Kat, those are great.. laugh.. no way.. your photoshop ATTEMPT.. was AWESOME.. I don't know how to do any of that stuff, I want to learn all of that stuff! I love the shot of Damien with Dustin.. and the Tiefighter for GQ is priceless!! Damien's new hairstyle is going to have to become a permanant addition to our events!! Can't wait to see the other photos go online.. we already have people calling the house asking to see when they view their photos from today's event.

19. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    You all look great! Nice job with Jango, Chris....looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. =D=

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/March%20of%20Dimes%202006/TIEFighterforGQ.jpg]
    Captain Piet spiced rum. Gotta a little captain in you?

Best this side of Kessle. Will even make a wookie a 10. 8-}

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/March%20of%20Dimes%202006/KathrynwithLightsaber.jpg]
    Great costume, if I forgot to mention, looked really good in it.

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/March%20of%20Dimes%202006/DamianwithPrincessLeiaHair.jpg]
    Not really me, but I've had worse hair days.

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/March%20of%20Dimes%202006/WookieeJawaandJango.jpg]
    Great Jango BTW.

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Damian, you look so purdy in that wig! 8-} :D

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Why thank you. I might need to borrow it to get "side jobs" to pay for my armor I need to get now.

23. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well Amber gave all the disks of pictures that she took to Damien. So get them up now!!!!! hehehehe Well I take that back she did keep one disk which she promptly put in the "faux" disk drive so it is now laying in the bottom of the computer which is where it will stay for a while because its at least an hour job to get the tower out of the desk............. So anyways I had a great time guys and look forward to doing it again!

PS can everyone pm me their phone numbers so I don't have to keep calling Francious? I will not give them out to anyone but I will take charge a making a contact list!

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    kewl thing.. I am pretty sure you have both my numbers but I will send them to you anyway.

You looked great today btw!!

You all did.. Kat you look so much like a young former Padawan fresh out of training!!! We are so thrilled to have you and Chris joining us on events.

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm sure that lower Oracle Road will be a buzz! :p

And for the record, I never in a million years thought that I would ever be mistaken for a nun! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.