main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Event Calendar, Information and Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DERTHH_MAWLZ, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirandSpaceGuy

AirandSpaceGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2006
    Parking info for National Air and Space Museum event

Show up after 4 pm for free parking - if you show before 4 pm, you'll have to pay the $12

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Garrison Tyranus (GT) is having a troop on Saturday 11/18/2006 from 1-3pm to benefit Toys for Tots.

Geoffrey Wan Kenobi will have a parade through the store at 2pm for the kids. Please if you can, donate to toys for tots by buying a toy for a girl or boy and dropping it in the TFT bin that day.

They will be trooping this same store again at the same time for the same reasons on 12/16/06, so mark your calendars and support our Fanforce GT members!

3. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006

Got this from the GT boards. It is our fellow Fanforce group in Hampton Roads. Save this date so we can support their efforts! I will get more info or have Jason post info/updates here as well.

It's Jason from the Tidewater Alliance Fanforce here in Hampton Roads. I
    am sending word to you about an upcoming Con that the Tidewater Alliance
    is hosting March, 3rd of 2007. We would love to have the Garrison come!
    if interested let me know and I can give you the contact information for
    my event coordinator so he can give the specifics.

4. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey Joe! Would it make sense to post some of the upcoming cons up in here for the fine folks that are not RL or 501st but may want to go too?

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I think you guys should consider it. The more the merrier in my humble opinion. With Farpoint up in Baltimore and ShevaCon up in Roanoke and Watto's Swap Meet down in Virginia Beach, all in February, I think anyone into Star Wars and make friends should consider hitting the road for a couple of hours. Great way to make long distance relations with those of like mind!

6. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Yup, thats why this post is here. Feel free to post any upcoming events, whether they are SW related or not, that people might be interested in attending.

7. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    For those actors in our midst, there is a casting call this weekend for an HBO miniseries.

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5892135&nav=ZolHbyvj

8. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Monthly Event List

This is to put out the idea for a sign up for running events.

January - meeting held
    February - open
    March - open
    April - open
    May - open (keep in mind this is C4 month)
    June - open
    July -open
    August - open
    September - open
    October - open
    November - open
    December - open

Some possible events are:
    Go karting
    Park cleanups
    Holiday Party (James has first dibs on this!)
    Summer party
    Video game night
    Movie night (theater or home)
    Toy swap meet

Garrison Tyranus armor builds do not count!

Once you sign up for an event and a month, you would work to plan the event, from exactly what day/time, where it will be, and open up a thread on it to post details and determine potential attendance, and run the event. Events could be the meeting day/time (meeting will happen at the event), or could be any time during the month including weekends.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Yep! We got the summer thang and the Holiday Thang!

10. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Which Summer month?

11. Julie3

Julie3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2006
    We'll take August again. That worked well last year. Sort of an end of summer party before the kids head back to school.

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    This is great Joe! I'm sure there's enough of us around here to take some of these months off your hands. As soon as I get settled into the new home, I think I'll post more about having a meeting at my place centered around a family friendly type enviroment. We can do Star Wars on multiple tv's, spaghetti or pizza, Star Wars toys show & tell or swap. Maybe some foosball or pool tournament around the 6:30 to 8:30 pm range. How about that? I'll know more once I'm settled.

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    That sounds awesome Troy!

Who else wants to pick a month/event?

January - meeting held
    February - open
    March - open
    April - open
    May - open (keep in mind this is C4 month)
    June - open
    July - James - summer Fanforce party
    August - open
    September - open
    October - open
    November - open
    December - James - Fanforce Holiday Party

14. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    i would like to hang out with you guys. r u guys in to UFC? if u guys r if all of you like to come over to hold one of your meeting you guys can and watch the fight after its on feb 3rd. well let me know. then i can get some food together. drop me a email luisramos_80@yahoo.com

15. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I don't know if this counts but lets have a "buy my house party". Someone buy my house.

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    What is it with houses not selling lately??

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    The sick thing is that there was a house in the neighborhood that sold in like 8-10 days just the week before we put ours on the market.:oops:

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I woulda thought that selling a house in the dead of winter is tuff but I just put mine on the market three days ago and I've already got an offer! In just those couple a days, I put fliers out front of my house and there all gone as of today so I need to make more. Be sure to hold an open house for your house and put fliers out front with pics of the house inside & out along with a couple of phone numbers. Keep your house clean so it can nbe ready to show within 30mins notice. There is always someone out there to buy a house. Alota folks surf the interent to look at houses and alota folks go the old fashioned way of looking in the Sunday paper too! Best of Luck!

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Maybe we all need to chip in and buy James' other house and turn it into a Star Wars frat house!

James, I am still up for helping clean up the outside with some mulch, etc to help you give it more curb appeal, I know a couple others members were also. You just have to find a suitable date and feed us!

20. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Troy the house is totally empty so the Realtor is free to do whatever open houses anytime and showings anytime. The biggest complaint always seems to be the back yard hill and the landscaping like I mentioned before. Some moron hit the mailbox so I am going over this week to replace it. I reckon it is time to figure out a good day to get that stuff done like we have been talking about.

21. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Are we up for a February Sunday afternoon lunch meeting at James' for sale house as our official monthly meeting/event? It would be a get your hands dirty event, as long as James can supply the mulch and pizza. Just not that pizza hut crap please :)

If we had 10 members attend, we could spruce that yard up pretty good I bet in a short time.

22. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Great idea, I'm all for it! With a few people this would be a fun and easy day that would help a fellow member in a huge way.

23. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm up for it also, which Sunday are you thinking? Only day I have plans is for the last Sunday (the 25th)

24. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    How about Sunday the 11th? The next weekend is the Daytona 500, and the weekend after that is Shevacon and alot of us will be there.

25. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I will check my calendar. We are going out of town a some point next month but I don't remember which week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.