Event: CV August 12-15, 2010 - Orlando FL

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by AKAI_FETT, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://starwars.com/fans/events/c5announcement/c5logo_img.jpg]

Star Wars Celebration V will take place August 12-15, 2010, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. A website, www.starwarscelebration.com, is dedicated exclusively to the event, and tickets to Star Wars Celebration V will be available for purchase online starting Thursday, December 10th. As always, Celebration will bring together the best of the Star Wars universe in one exciting, dynamic event!

?Tickets will be available starting Thursday, Dec.10th via http://www.starwarscelebration.com
    ?Pre-sale Adult Four-Day Passes are $120
    ?Kids Four-Day Passes are $50
    ?Pre-sale Thursday, Friday, and Sunday Passes are $45
    ?Saturday Passes are $50
    ?Kids One-Day Passes are $25. Children under six years old are admitted free.

Info on the Convention center itself: http://www.occc.net

RSA EDIT: Stickied
  2. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sithspit!
    I wish they would announce the fierfeking time and place already. I have to enter my leave for the 2010 leave draw in the next few days, and I cant ask for more than 1 day off in a row after that. my instinct is telling me to reserve august 11th through the 25th...
    Does anyone know anything I dont? I dont care where it is, i just need to know when!
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh... fierfekkers... :p
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I couldn't get anything out of Steve or Mary when I bumped into them last week. Sorry.
  5. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    announced!!

http://starwars.com/fans/events/c5announcement/index.html
  6. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    glad it's announced... but don't like the location.

7. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    definately going, but dont know about bringing costume though... maybe dagobah luke in tank top
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm there! I've been to the last four and I don't intend on skipping one.

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Celebration%20IV%20May%2023-28%202007/DSCN5268.jpg]

And to think I was to skip going to the Orlando System for SWW in 2010 after having gone the last two years! But I'm going to go there again for SWW 2011, for not only the re-opening of Star Tours, but the 40th anniversary of Disney World!

I just wish "CV" could be there for CV.

:(
  9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, boy, don't like the location, but if I can go, I am!!

Will need a roomie!!
  10. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    my first xwing helmet got warped and misshapen from the Don Calejon school event cause it was hot outside... definatly not bringing my second helmet to this. I wonder if any of the troopers will see the florida heat as a potential problem
  11. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's because Rubies helmets are CRAP! (sorry, but they are). Richies and Jedi Mickey's helmets can take the heat. Besides, you'll be inside for 90% of the time. Outdoors is for waiting to get in and possible photo ops, and the troopers are used to doing it for SWW each year. One rule: Stay hydrated.
  12. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    They have Jedi Mickey's X-wing Helmets? I dunno why but I want one... [face_hypnotized] Do they have the ears sticking out?! Then I'd really want one... XD
  13. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    So...how should we do this? we should get rooms soon. Virgin fly there now and they are super cheap. Maybe we can even get a group rate on the flights? Plus they are just nicer.

Think Steph and I will go to Disney World for at least 4 days while we are there.
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just to be safe, I got 8 rooms total at two different hotels less than a block away, from 8/11-8/16. One hotel is $94.99 per night, and one is $99.99 per night. All rooms are 2 double-beds. AAA members get 10% off.

First-come, first-serve!

http://www.clarionorlandoidrive.com/

http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00200

E-mail me with details. Lou, talk to Kathy about the resort we stayed at for SWW.
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh... I got an idea... :D
  16. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
  17. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    My work does give me discounts for Disneyworld. At least that will help if we can't use past or present contacts from those that work at the parks...
  18. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't commit to anything at the moment. I'll have to see where I am in about February... For now... the future is always in motion.
  19. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    See, I was thinking a theme park for at least one day would be a good idea since we will have already paid to fly out there! I booked some hotels (Rosen Centre, Red Roof, and Clairon... but would prefer to stay at Rosen because it's closest) and booked them through Wed the 18th in case anyone wants to make a group outing to theme parks after the con is over.
  20. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, what Matt said above. Your Jedi Mickey Helmet kit is made of abs I believe (or styrene... probably ABS) and that does not warp in the heat. Trust me and Dale, we've been to Florida twice and trooped the parade and our helmets are fine.

Rubies vinyl, yeah that warps like crazy. That's just one reason why Matt and I never trooped SWW in our TIE helmets (which are vinyl don post and can't take the heat either...)
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    "Jedi Mickey" is an RL member in Florida who makes helmet kits. Sorry for any confusion.
  22. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    just reserved my room at the red roof inn!

Gonna make plane reservations probly tonight or tomarrow, gonna fly outa oakland...

just hope my supervisor will approve my leave for those days [face_praying]
  23. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3

I'm glad they picked Orlando instead of Chicago
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would've liked to see "Gotham" (at night), though, and Oprah too, before her show goes off the air. ;)
  25. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not going. I've done Orlando in August and it was not a pretty sight. I don't deal with that kind of heat well. When I go to Orland it will be for Harry Potter. Possibly next fall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.