main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [EVENT] Fanboys - possible road trip to Raleigh Feb 28th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey folks! I'll give more specific details as they come but we are planning to do the Fanboys movie on Saturday, February 7th at the AMC in Concord Mills. Carolina Garrison and Freedom Base will provide SW characters.

When we did this for Clone Wars it was a huge hit.

So put it on your calendars now! :D

(Edit per CR request)

2. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Sounds great! I'll mark my calendar :) I've been waiting for this thing to come out. Hope everyone here has been having a good holiday season. Happy New year's to all! [face_dancing]

3. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    This sounds very cool, especially since I heard they went back to the original version. I'll be there.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We are not on the list of cities to get this movie. If you want to see this movie come to Charlotte please do the following:

From http://www.chris-marquette.com/

If you've followed what's going on with Fanboys, you will know that it's being released in the US on February 06, 2009. If you didn't, well, you know now.

The thing is, the Weinstein Company chose to only release it in 41 theaters in 8 cities initially. These cities are:

::: Austin, TX (1 screen)
    ::: Chicago, IL (3 screens)
    ::: Houston, TX (3 screens)
    ::: Los Angeles, CA (10 screens)
    ::: New York, NY (10 screens)
    ::: Philadelphia, PA (5 screens)
    ::: San Francisco, CA (6 screens)
    ::: Seattle, WA (3 screens)

Word is that it will expand to more cities and theaters if it does well in these eight cities. We're asking you to please help us make that happen. Here's what you can do:

1)
    Tell everyone you know who lives in or near those eight cities to watch the movie in the theater the week it opens.

2)
    E-mail the Weinstein Company to let them know you would like to see Fanboys open in more cities that just a pitiful eight. You will find the appropriate e-mail addresses at the bottom of this document. We'll also give you a template for a text you might want to send below.

3)
    Spread the word. Post about this on forums you go to--IMDb, Star Wars forums, movie message boards or blogs, Facebook, MySpace, LiveJournal. Anything goes. Tell your friends and family. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

4)
    If you know any portals or websites that might be interested in publishing an article about the movie or this campaign, alert them. Feed them with information. Make it happen.

If we get enough people to voice their opinion, we might just get the Weinstein Co. to listen and put the movie out there for everyone to see. So, shoo! Get out there and make your voice heard!

Last but not least, these are the e-mail addresses of Weinstein employees that you can e-mail:

alison.diviney@weinsteinco.com,
    andrew.benfer@weinsteinco.com,
    Andrew.Zoppa@WeinsteinCo.com,
    angela.leus@weinsteinco.com,
    Anjulee.alvares@weinsteinco.com,
    Awards@weinsteinco.com,
    AwardsRSVPNY@weinsteinco.com,
    ben.friedman@weinsteinco.com,
    dani.weinstein@weinsteinco.com,
    diana.peters@weinsteinco.com,
    eileen.rodriguez@weinsteinco.com,
    emily.feingold@weinsteinco.com,
    eric.robinson@weinsteinco.com,
    gary.faber@weinsteinco.com,
    helpdesk.ny@weinsteinco.com,
    howard.flantzer@weinsteinco.com,
    international@weinsteinco.com,
    Jennifer.abramowitz@weinsteinco.com,
    Jill.DiRaffaele@weinsteinco.com,
    joe.garel@weinsteinco.com,
    judy.hottensen@weinsteinco.com,
    justine.raczkiewicz@weinsteinco.com,
    katie.finch@weinsteinco.com,
    Katie.munson@weinsteinco.com,
    katie.werner@weinsteinco.com,
    kristin.powers@weinsteinco.com,
    Lew.Rothman@weinsteinco.com,
    liz.biber@weinsteinco.com,
    marc.balgavy@weinsteinco.com,
    matthew.stein@weinsteinco.com,
    michael.cole@weinsteinco.com,
    michelle.krumm@weinsteinco.com,
    Peter.Hurwitz@weinsteinco.com,
    pubinternship@weinsteinco.com,
    rachel.levy@weinsteinco.com,
    recruiting@weinsteinco.com,
    richard.baker@weinsteinco.com,
    sara.finmann@weinsteinco.com,
    sara.serlen@weinsteinco.com,
    sean.jacques@weinsteinco.com,
    sickonyc@weinsteinco.com,
    tucker.christon@weinsteinco.com,
    uk.rsvp@weinsteinco.com

Here's a template text for what you may use to send to the Weinstein Co. (change XXX to your city):

Subject line:
    Fanboys Limited Release

Text:
    Dear Weinstein Co. Employee,

I am writing to you to voice my unhappiness about Fanboys only being released in eight cities and 40 theaters. I live in XXX and thus will not be able to see the movie, even though I very much want to. I know more fans who do not live in or near any of these cities that have excitedly been waiting for the movie and are now very disappointed that it is not showing near them.

Please expand the release of Fanboys to more cities, particularly XXX. I assure you that I will stand in line at the ticket booth and pay to see it if it comes to XXX.

If you are not the right person to address this to, please forward my e-mail as appropriate. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    YO

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    UPDATE:

Kyle Newman has asked that we use only the following email address:

Fanboys@weinsteinco.com

6. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    Did anyone else see on TF.N that Fanboys is expanding to 20 more cities including Raleigh? WTF! Why not Charlotte!

Aaron

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Keep writing to Fanboys@weinsteinco.com to get it here.

I think they chose Raleigh because there are so many colleges near there. What Weinstein doesn't get is that it is classic Star Wars fans aka us oldbies that eat this stuff up.

We are thinking of doing a road trip to Raleigh on the 28th. I'll keep you all updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.