Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Mar 15, 2009.
I have a tablecoth I can bring.
Are you coming, Debbie??
yes!!! I can only be there for a couple of hours as I have multiple appointments down there regarding the concert but I should be there at 8:30. I'm glad I get to be with you guys!!!
Just thought I would let everybody know, but Bill and myself can not stay after the FCBD because we have a appointment to see a home for rent in Adelanto. Right now finding a new place to live is much more important. Sorry about that. Hope everyone has a great time.
As far as the slanted legs are concerned on the EZ up, I do believe it has to be straight. I will ask Chris thursday morning and post unless Stuart knows which is ok.
As far as chairs are concerned, we should have 4-6 of them
Debbie has a table cloth
Since it looks like no one has a straight-legged one, we may have to buy one. They have one at [link=http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00677036000P?keyword=shade+canopy]Sears for $80[/link]. I could go pick it up, then Kari you can give me the $30, and if anyone feels like chipping in for the rest of the money can do so, and it'll be IEFF property. What do you think?
Are you sure the legs are straight? They look a bit slanted.
I'm willing to throw in a few bucks and am good with putting in the $30 we have. Of course, that means I need to dig through my desk and find it.
What does everyone else think?
Wait, what about [link=http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00620053000P?mv=rr#descriptionAnchor]this one?[/link] I don't think we NEED to set up those tie-down lines...and it's only $40
For the poster boards can I print out and use the new logo? Or should it get the final stamp of approval first?
Honestly, I think you need to see it in person before you can decide for sure. I'd rather spend a little more and have it last. The cheaper ones are great, but they can be really flimsy.
Not to be a downer, but has anybody else looked at the weather for Saturday? At this point, there's a possiblity of rain. The temperature should be in the upper 60's, so that's not bad. I'll keep an eye on it and keep y'all posted.
I'd use the new one.
Yes, the legs need to be straight. But if Mike calls the store he could sweet talk Chris into letting us use one of the ones we have.
If we do buy an IEFF one, I can chip in $20 towards it.
Kris, I agree with Stuart. Use the new one. I've submitted it to Steve Sansweet and will let everyone know what I hear. Thank you Sonya!!!
Mike, I'm having a senior/blonde moment and don't quite understand if you meant you're bringing 4-6 chairs or if you wanted me to bring them.
How's you're mom doing?
If we need to buy a new ez up, I can pitch in $20.
The comic store opens at 12 and I will call Chris about the stand.
Kari, the chairs are for us to sit on in between showing off our great booth.
Do we still have the mini flyers to pass out with our logo / website?
Kris, are you using the same poster boards as last year or are you updating them?
Lastly, I disagree using the new logo (even though I love it) as of yet and here's why----> We've got our current t-shirts, banner, buttons, etc. showing the one we've got now and I think until we've got everything with the new logo on it (or at least t-shirts) we should keep it with what we've got as to keep it simple. I see people asking if there's a difference between the two separate logos, as in separate groups? This is my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Either way I do whatever.
Mike, you're no help at all. Are you bringing the chairs or do you want me to? That's the part I wasn't understanding.
Spoke with Chris at 4 color comics and the ez op we've got is fine for this year. As this grows and space becomes more cramped, we'll need a straight legged one so that nobody trips. For this year though, we're good!
As far as the wolverine movie is concerned, it's playing at 7pm + 8pm at the terra vista theater. Me, wifey, Dane are going. Who else is going to be able to make this?
Kari, we're set on chairs...YOU'RE bringing them.
I'll try to update the poster boards, ie: making them able to stand on their own and such.
And Mike kinda has a point about the logo. I'll think about it.
Mike's point does make sense..... should that be worrying us??
I grabbed a couple of book stands from the library. Maybe we can prop the poster boards up on them.
It should worry you all...Boo Ha Ha Ha...
Yes on the stands as well. I've got one if we need a backup. I'm also going to make up mini flyers. Will send email to you Kari on these too.
I'll have 750 stickers, i'll use the old IEFF logo for now.
Hi everyone. I wanted to show you the flyer I made up for SWFD in June. Nothing special but it's something to hand out. I'll bring them to pass out tomorrow. I'll be making copies of OUR flyer as well.
I'm posting the video slideshow I remade on youtube as I write this. It's not as good as the one I originally made but it's still good. Will post the link in a little bit, so keep checking back until you see it. The slideshow has music, pics, animation, and is 14 minutes long.
Stuart and Mike... you guys are awesome!!
I currently have loaded in my Blazer (which just got washed ):
8 folding chairs
1 folding table
1 IEFF banner
1 slant legged EZ-up
and a bunch of boxes for Sandy and Bill.
Debbie, don't let me forget to give you your money.
In a box on my counter are the clone helmet, raffle tickets, a container to put raffle tickets in, a container to put raffle money in, Yoda, anti-bacterial wipes, book stands, camera. Don't forget the box, Kari!!!
I'm going to make up the flyer for the raffle (finally) and I think that's it.
Oh yea, I still need to pack my costume. I hope there's room in the car for me!
Weather: 30% chance of morning showers which means 70% chance of sunshine! It should be about 70 degrees, too.
Hi guys! Tomorrow's the big day! Totally excited here. Thank you all for doing what you can to make us look really good and for everyone pitching in. I spoke with Michael at the 501st today and he's looking forward to being with us tomorrow. One thing we agreed on was making sure we keep if professional (We can have fun too). Get there 8:15 - 8:30 for set up.
Okay, I tried to post my video on youtube as you know and being that it's 14 minutes long, it wouldn't upload. They only allow 10 minute videos. Thanks for letting me know this after 3 hours
I tried to upload onto photobucket as well and got this error message:
Upload failed for IEFF.wmv with error: This is to notify you that the content uploaded was recognized by Photobucket's copyright filter and as a consequence, has been blocked.
Not sure what happened here but i'm going to find out as it failed half way through the upload. So unfortunately no preview tonight. You'll have to see it tomorrow. Good news is that the video for the table tomorrow will look really good, as I watched it on my TV! It's a start anyways. Hope you guys like it.
I've got IEFF flyers + SWFD flyers made
Bringing SW Insider mags
Bring Lightsaber (NO TOUCHY)
Extra stand for poster boards if needed
DVD Slideshow of our group from last year
5x7 pics of us from CHOC + SWFD
I spoke with Ben and he's bringing the TV DVD Combo + power cord (thank you)
I see what Kari is bringing (thank you)
For everyone else who is coming and bring something (Thanks!)
DRAT!!! I just ran out of tape. Does anybody have packing tape they can bring? Thanks!
Got it covered! I've got a new roll.