main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

San Fran, CA EVENT: Haunted Halloween Hangar in San Carlos

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Did some quick research to find out exactly what kind of military Jet that was.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Prescott2006/Highlights/index.html

[blockquote]The L-39 Albatross is a big step up the scale for amateur warbird enthusiasts, it's become very popular in the United States, with many of these aircraft displaying at airshows. Quite apart from being a jet, the Albatross was also developed on the wrong side of the fence, being designed in Czechoslovakia as the Soviet bloc's main military jet trainer, the successor to the same company's L-29 Dolphin.[/blockquote]

Hehe - it's a Czechoslovakian Jet. ;)

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Thought so... I saw the Russian influence because fuselage configuration from the intake manifolds, the configuration looked like a Mig-23. Nice find Kat. =D=

So it's a Czech Jet... do you think when it takes off it goes "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!..." [face_laugh]

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Haha, I knew there had to be some Eva jokes in there but couldn't think of anything other than I hope it has a GPS and I wonder if it would be able to find Joseph's house? (*Wink* ;) - we love you Eva!)

Here are pretty much all of the photos (tried to remove some of the multiples from Ming's camera)
    http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/hilleraviationhauntedhalloweenhangar/hauntedhalloweenhangar

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah sorry about the multiples... my Nikon's burst mode is too good sometimes... Nice shot of me boarding the jet btw... haha...

Oh and the jet always arrives 5 hours late. ;)

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    How do you stick your foot out of the cockpit at high altitudes?

:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.