main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Event headquarters: Please read and reply. Thank you. AGRadmin.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by AGRadministrator, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AGRadministrator

AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    You may be wondering just exactly what this thread is for?

Well, this is the place to post that you know of an event that you would like to see the group participate in.

The following suggestions have already been made or are from the past:

Bowling for Kids
    Susan G Komen Race for the Cure
    Boo at the Zoo
    Toy Hill

If there are any others that you know of: Post here.

Please do not commit to the event. Post the idea and see how many people can attend and we will move forward from there as a group decision.

Also, since we are without a PR, we are asking that somebody step up and take the reigns for an event. This way, nobody is organizing everything the group does.

This is the ArkanSith Galactic Renegades. The group is what you, as members, want to make of it. The group has gotten away from this idea. So, this is how everyone can have the opportunity to particpate in a leadership role.

Thanks for helping out.

AGR administration.

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    As I said in the election thread, I am more than happy to help any one who steps up to plan an event. I have names, numbers, and lessons learned (one hopes :p). And again, I wouldn't mind being involved in the planning as long as I am around and able.

3. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I have an event coming up accidently posted it in the elections thread (oops) but it's april 7th which is the first saturday in april for barnes and nobles and it's a book fair :)

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    bump: anyone able to or interested in a book event in Rogers (see above post)

Thanks

Also, we need a few more suggestions....

5. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    The past two years the Movies on the River thing has had Star Wars as one of their first movies (if not first it's been very close to it). I would like to see us have a presence there as it would be about as logical an event as we can get to be seen at. After all, if someone is showing a Star Wars film AND they are advertising on TV why aren't we there already anyway?!

When this starts to be advertised I will do the PR for this if we've got people interested in going to this. Of course I will ask them if they are interested in the costumed thing before-hand, and we ought to have people there to see the film and just hang out wearing the group T-Shirt as free advertisement and visibility for the group. These are, to my knowledge, non-charity community events designed to get people out and mingling and all. It could be a great chance to be involved with something mainstream and very publicized in the local area - two things that the group needs (name recognition & publicity).

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I've wondered in the past why we haven't done that event, but I also always heard about it the week after... I'm all for it.

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Consider the event greenlighted...

I think that we could scrounge up a decent turn out..

(Unless it happens to be Memorial Day weekend...)

8. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    They do a bunch, but I guarantee you it is NOT that weekend. That is RiverFest is it not? ^_~

9. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    let me know that movie thing actually sounds very interesting.

The event in Rogers, is for a book fair for kids at barnes and nobles they want to make it about star wars. So they are asking for as many characters as they can get personally the more the merrier is what i always say if i can't get anyone then it might just be myself, but i would also like to get folx to come :)

sorry if this is worded wrong :(

PS forgot about the date it's april 7th which is the first saturday in april :)

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    As I already said...

It all depends on the weather...and how many people have extra money for hotels or whatever.
    (and after two cons...back to back...that might not be very many people)
    '
    But, we will see how it goes.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    anyone else got something they want to head up.

Just so you know. *crosses fingers* I think I've got someone to work on getting a costumed appearence/line party together for the August 17 release of Fanboys....

It seems like a good idea...

and it's a lot of fun.

12. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Sparks in the Park for the last Saturday of the month.
    We've been asked to come back this year. Located @ Tyndell Park in Benton.

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Loco wanted me to pass along an event that is this Saturday at Reynolds Auditorium at 130. There will be an orchestra/symphony type performance, and they've requested costumed presence at the last song, which is the Star Wars theme.

If anyone just wants to go watch, loco has 10 tickets, $5 each that you can buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.