main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX EVENT: Huge AOTC in IMAX show this Saturday, November 23rd!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    AOTC in IMAX !!!!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/10/img/imax_poster_bg.jpg]

This is what we have all been waiting for. A Star Wars film has now officialy been converted into the IMAX format. :) And we are going to be a part of it's premiere weekend opening. We need everyone, and we mean everyone, to come and join us for the festivities. :D

We need people in Star Wars costumes and T-shirts. Everything and everyone Star Wars. 501st, Rebel Legion, other Fanforce groups and many other groups have been invited. Possibility of Lucasfilm being there also, with giveaways. :D You can't afford to miss this. :D

WHEN: Friday November 1st - 8:00pm show [other events and activities will be posted here] - looks like we will be having things to do all weekend. I suggest getting your tickets a.s.a.p ... they are already on sale at the link above.

WHERE: Cinemark IMAX - 11819 Webb Chapel Rd. Dallas, TX

WHO: Everyone and anyone ... :D We need lots of volunteers for this one. Costumes encouraged. :D Come as you are...just don't miss this.

HOW: We will be coordinating with the other groups and the theater and scheduling shifts for everyone willing to help. More info on how this will work soon.

There are alot of people, working behind the scenes, planning to make this a very special event. This looks to be even bigger than our Episode 2 line up. If you want to help out, post here. All upcoming info that we know will be posted in this thread as soon as we have it. Star Wars rocks on !!!

:cool:

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    You'll have about 4 or 5 volunteers from Waco. :)

We had a great time helping out at Comic Con and we're looking forward to the IMAX. :D

3. tk8201

tk8201 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    THX_JEDI,

so far we have at LEAST 10 troopers for the 1st. what would be the best time to get there??

4. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    We're not %100 on the start time yet. We are coordinating with the theater and your CO's at this time. More info will be here and from the 501st staff soon.

Keep an eye on this thread for all new info as we get it.

5. tk8201

tk8201 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    rock &roll! see you there buddy!

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Cool! I'm able to help whenever.

I already have my ticket (for over a week now...)

In fact, any word on if there are still any available tickets?

7. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Cinemark's site still allows you buy tickets as of now. The link for the 8:00pm show would be un-clickable if it was sold out.

INFO: Be at the theatre by 7:00pm. Not only to get a good spot in line, but this looks as if it will be our 'official event starting time' ... the film will be starting promptly at 8:00pm.

8. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i can but pray that i won't be working

9. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    I can be there whenever. I plan to take off half day from work. I can wear a costume if you want. Just let me know what I can do to help. Do you need any copying done?

Bev

10. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    So far 7 from Waco are going to be there:

Robert (DARTHGOON)
    John (Darth_Mauled)
    Mich (Flashbacca)
    Joe (jango-joe1)
    Elizabeth (Amidala Starkiller)
    Rod (Saberknight76)
    Nick (Xanatos12)

11. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Very cool. If you have a costume, and feel inclined, please wear it. I'll be wearing mine. :D

I'll be at the theatre around 6:00pm.

12. Master_of_Metropolis

Master_of_Metropolis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Me and a friend will be there, in costume. I'm the founder of the DFW Masters of the Universe fanclub, and am encouraging all of our members to join the event as well. Most of us our Star Wars fans too!

If I can help in any way, let me know.

John
    www.dfwhe-fans.com

13. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    MASTERS of the UNIVERSE fan club!!! Holy S!#* can I join

14. Mst_Anakin

Mst_Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    I wanna go I wanna go I wanna go!!!! Must talk parents into letting me go! AHHHHHH! If I miss this I will cry I want to....no let me do that over I NEED to go!!!! I even just finished my Anakin outfit for Halloween so I can come in costume!

15. Master_of_Metropolis

Apr 4, 2002
    Of course! All are welcome...so how do I get into the stromtrooper legions?

:)

www.dfwhe-fans.com

16. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey Master of Metropolis, cool name! Metropolis is one of my all-time favorite movies!

To join the 501st, go to www.501st.com and there will be lots of info. They are pretty busy lately, so it may ttake a couple of months to be confirmed, but it is a fun club to be in!

Hope to see you at the Imax show- I'll be a TIE pilot and will be hanging around the other troopers. And maybe even an X-Wing pilot!

17. Master_of_Metropolis

Apr 4, 2002
    Cool! Thanks for the info!!!

I'll see you on the 1st!

--also glad someone understands the reference in my screenname. :)

18. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Just a quick FYI for the IMAX thing...

Although our official showtime is 8pm on Friday (be there at 7 to get good seats), it looks like we are gonna be doing stuff all weekend long at the IMAX. We're looking at having some contests and events on Sat and possibly Sunday as well. More details to come later, so just be ready.

It's starting to look like the last week of the C2 line, filled with fun and excitement.

19. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    IAM SOOOO THERE! :D

can't wait for the 1st.

20. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    So nothing is planned for Friday?

21. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Nothing until 7:00pm. There would be too many people trying to get off work and having to get to the theatre in rush hour traffic. Something may come up. :)

22. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Update:

We are open to having other events, but here's how things currently stand:

We are to start our events around 7:00 p.m., while we are in the line-up and while we're being seated for the 8:00 p.m. showing. Trivia contest is among the activities planned.

Also on Friday, the troopers of the 501st will be handing out free copies of the new official STAR WARS fan magazine, the retro-titled Bantha Tracks #0

These guys will be working hard at this event and many will be driving from two or more hours away, so please help make 'em feel welcome! :)

Now, for those of you coming in early or from out of town who have ideas for events, please p.m. or e-mail me. We'll have at least one staff member at the theater most of the day Friday to help coordinate events.

We want Friday to be fun and low-key, with Saturday as our most active day of the weekend. We're working on a video game contest for Saturday afternoon...more info to follow ;)

23. Ricky_Dante

Ricky_Dante Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2001
    I'll be there! And so will my parents. :) I'll be in costume, as a Jedi.

And I CAN'T WAIT!! :)

24. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Cool. I'll be there as Kitt Fisto. :D

25. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    And i'll be the anti-christ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.