main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX EVENT: Huge AOTC in IMAX show this Saturday, November 23rd!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    There are one or two Motel 6-like hotels a few blocks from the theatre.

:cool:

2. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    How far is it to the IMAX theater from the Plano Convention Center, and what road is it on?

3. Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR

Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    If you're coming from Waco, don't go towards the Plano Convention Center...that's many miles out of your way.

Take 35 E North towards Dallas, pass through downtown, then keep going north until you see the signs for 635 E

Stay in the right-hand lane, take 635 E to the Webb Chapel exit (should be the second exit after you merge onto 635 E)

theater is on your right, can't miss it...they've even got a huge IMAX AOTC poster hanging up!

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    We are leaving Waco 2 so depending on the traffic we should there around 5:30 are so

*crosses fingers*

5. Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR

Sep 19, 2002
    Drive safely, Elizabeth!

Weather could be better today...looks like I'll be wearing my cloak after all!

6. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    you know what stinks? the fact that i couldn't get tickets for the 8pm showing cause it was sold out............oh well i'm just going to be heading out that way here in a few more min. or so and buy tickets and wait to see it at 530.....in a way that's both mean and sad all at once.....oh well.

7. Hot_Tub_JAR_JAR

Sep 19, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who came out to the IMAX last night, esp. those coming in from out of town.

We had a great time, got to meet lots of new people! Thanks to the 501st and Rebel Legion for showing up in force for this event :D

Pics to follow!

We'll be out there today for a giveaway for the kids this evening, and more!

The movie was excellent in IMAX format, the larger size and re-mastering process made it so you could pick out a lot more background detail, while your senses were being shattered by the action and sound :eek:

Good editing job, too. Rushes the movie without seeming like nearly half an hour has been cut from it.

There is some blur around figures in certain scenes (blue-screen halo), but overall it looks great!

8. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Nabooty Brian and others-

Just wanted to let you all know that the Lubbock delegation arrived home safe and sound in Lubbock this morning about 8am.

We had a GREAT time and really enjoyed meeting you all. Special thanks to the folks we went to D&B with and also big Jedi thanks to Mike for the nice 'surprise' after the show!

Regardless whether Lubbock FF gets more active, we'll be back to Big D for more events!

Thanks again for a really terriffic time- best time I ever spent in Dallas and well worth the 12+ hours and over 700 miles driving to do it.

Take care and as always, may the Force be with You!

-Ian the TIE pilot

9. Jedi_Sam

Jedi_Sam Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    If anyone has seen it at the Dallas IMAX please let us know what you thought. For those of us who have been unable to purchase tickets yet.

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    It was great. it was worth the drive to Dallas. :D

IMO you barely miss the 20 minutes they cut from the movie.

The picture and the sound were fantastic

11. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    everyone is talking bout barely missing the cut scenes and stuff but i must admit that if i had not seen that movie ever before that i would have been lost at a few points becuase without what was cut it kinda gets a little rushed and certain events don't happen that lead to things that actually do happen.....maybe some people don't feel the same but that's just how i felt and was thinking about it.

12. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    We had a great time yet again today, think the laid-back atmosphere made it even better than Friday night! :D

Thanks to Jeff, Kristi, Mika, Mike, Padme and Anakin from Alexandria, and R2 for a great Saturday!

We did trivia contest for the kids, and were able to hand out prizes and more Bantha Tracks issues in today's allotment. Even the continual rain couldn't keep the movie from being sold out at every showing.

A couple kids' birthday party groups really enjoyed seeing the FanForce and Rebel Legion at the IMAX :D

See y'all tomorrow for the return of the 501st! :cool:

13. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Pictures...we need pictures!!! :D

:cool:

14. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Hey Brian. I did come by there yesterday around 1:00pm , but no one was there. I left the bussiness cards with one of the theater guys. Did you get them? It was only 100 cards. Hope it was enough.

Later

Bev :)

15. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    The group from Killeen got there around 5:30 and found the 8 pm show sold out as well as the 10:30! *F*So, we bought tickets for the 12:30 show on Sat and we went to find a hotel and then dinner. Found a GREAT lil Italian place not far from the IMAX. We HAD planned to come back and just hang out with ya'll waiting for the 8pm show but we were having such a good time, eating, drinking and laughing that we even missed the line for the 10:30 show!! *L* Didn't see anyone in costume at the 12:30 show, but I did find Anne, from Austin, there and she was telling me about the events the night before. She said it was allot of fun, even though her seat was like 3rd from the front! *L* Guess we should have come back after the 10:30 show, to go to D&B's with ya'll, but we were already "doing just fine" and went onto bed. Guess we should have gone to the 3pm show instead of the 12:30, that way we wouldn't have missed ya'll! Oh well, there's always next time! *S*

I'm always up for a road trip!

As for the movie it'self, I enjoyed it, although the sound quality wasn't as good as our local theater's. As for the missing scenes... I'm of two camps on that. One, if you'd never seen it before, some small bits were taken out that should have been left in, for some scenes and actions to make sense. Two, I found myself suddenly going... wait a minute... they took out....... I found it very distracting that they cut the movie. But on the other hand, my butt was very glad they did! The seats at the IMAX are not really made for movies of long length. *L*

All in all, it was a great weekend!!! I'm always up for a road trip!!!!

Debby...aka...

16. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I had a great time too, except for someone who thought it was a good idea to save 10 seats on a row (untill an usher stepped in, a bit late) but besides that, it was awsome!

I liked the fact that the pacing was better, (IMO) and like Mike and I came up with, it cut to the chase. (pun intended)

good to meet all the folks from the 501st, Lubbock, and Rebel Alliance. Had a great dinner. And a good time playing game.

Cant wait till the DVD release (even though I dont need one now...) See ya'll then!!

17. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Sorry we missed you on Saturday, neumera and Tandeer...most of us don't get going on the weekends until afternoon, esp. considering the lateness of our Dave & Buster's adventure :D

Pics from Saturday coming soon.

Interactive R2 was a big hit Saturday and Sunday, especially with the kids! Sunday it was R2, myself, Mika, and Cory entertaining the crowds.

Several DFWFF members made the 3:00 p.m. show today, I was amazed that all showings up to the 8:00 show sold out.

Thanks again to Nalani and the rest of the Cinemark IMAX staff for working so hard to make it such an enjoyable weekend!

Brian

18. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
  19. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Thanks, stone!

Anyone who has more pics, please feel free to post 'em or e-mail 'em to staff@dfwfanforce.net

20. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I was there last night for the 8pm showing. It's been a while since I've seen any of you so who all was there last night. There were 3 people in costume. Boba Fett, Obi Wan and Gamorean Rebel pilot. R2 was very cool. The kids at the theater seemed to enjoy it.

21. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    :D yeah, R2 was a big hit with the kids and parents too...I'm surprised he's still in one piece!

I was the Obi-Wannabe; Cory from the Rebel Legion/501st was Boba Fett, and Mika from the Rebel Legion was "Piggie" from Wraith Squadron.

22. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I knew that I recognized you. If there weren't so many people in line behind me, I would've said hello. The Obi-Wan costume looked great. I wish I'd brought my camera.

23. voort

voort Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I have to thank so many people that I feel like I just won an Oscar...

All the people at IMAX, I had a blast!!!

Marc, for getting me to Dallas and picking my check later that night

Kristi, for overnighting me, again... and thanks to your mom, too

Mike, for picking my check in IHOP - yes, I was broke

Jeff, for giving me another place to lay my head for the night - or better: early morning

Brian, for feeding me on Sunday, and taking me back home

and Finally: the little R2... for many laughs that weekend -- hey R2 - do you remember - drop kick...

Mika aka Voort

24. Senator_Lesadalla

Senator_Lesadalla Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello. I'm new to the board. My husband and I were there Friday night (Padme and the Jedi). We had a great time!

I must agree with super_hyper_melanie observations about the movie. I felt myself going, hmmm, something missing in this scene. It looked like as the movie progressed it was more intact, but the first half especially felt choppy in places.

Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it on the IMAX screen. The detail was amazing.

25. Jango_Bango

Jango_Bango Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thats funny senator, as I was taking your picture, I was thinking
    "...I bet she is not going to like them cutting the picnic scene..." [face_laugh]

BTW, Welcome to the boards!

Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.