main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX EVENT: Huge AOTC in IMAX show this Saturday, November 23rd!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Lesadalla

Senator_Lesadalla Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Yeah...I didn't mind them cutting the running through the meadow part--it could have been cut from the original--but I thought the picnic showed good interaction between Natalie and Hayden. The relationship felt even more forced (no pun intended) in the IMAX version because of all the edits.

My husband often reminds me..it's Star Wars, not Star Love..therefore out go the love scenes. [face_love]

Oh well, I still have the DVD coming soon!

2. MasterMouse

MasterMouse Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    Welcome Senator, I was the lucky one to sit next to you in the theater. Thanks for putting up with us. Too bad Lawrence (tuskin Raider) slept through the movie, can you believe it?

3. Senator_Lesadalla

Senator_Lesadalla Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    It was a pleasure to sit next to you. Your son is a good kid. I hope my husband (Terry) the Jedi didn't wear him out battling outside! I have a cute QuickTime of them fighting, but it's too big to email. I'm trying to compress it, but I'm new to digital video. I'll let you know when I figure something out. :confused:I can send it to you on CD if you'd like?

There are few pictures of our group at http://www.padawansguide.com/index2.shtml if you want to check them out too! It was part of Maggie's 11/4 posting.

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    EVENT ADDITION:

We are going to be up at the Cinemark IMAX again this Saturday... :D

WHEN: This Saturday [23rd] starting a 2:00pm till the last show [10:30pm] begins.

WHERE: Same Cinemark IMAX theater here

Wear your SW costume if you have one. We will be gathering again with the Rebel Legion and 501st again. Always fun. We'll just be hanging out and greeting the patrons. :D

:cool:

5. tk8201

tk8201 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    i havent heard anything about the 501st star garrison being at that event.
    have you??

there was no mention of this on SG emailing list.

who of the 501st is going??

6. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Not sure. I know there is talk on the Rebel Legion forum of Kristi getting some of them to come out again. Not sure of the 501st.

7. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    There will be a few 501st guys present, though some may be in Jedi (traitors!) robes or bounty hunter gear.

8. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I'll be there, with a bag o'goodies :D

Sadly, Mara Jade has returned to Boston, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone there tomorrow! :cool:

9. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Sadly, Mara Jade has returned to Boston

*pouts*

Yep, I'd love to be out there today with you all, I certainly had a blast last weekend!

Im sure you all will have a great time, be sure to take more pics!!

10. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002

Edit: Rebel Legion, FanForce, 501st members are out at the theater this afternoon, and everyone is welcome to join us! Interactive R2 will be there once again to entertain the crowd.

Come celebrate the last full weekend of AOTC IMAX!

11. Ahhnuld

Ahhnuld Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Hi guys,
    It was great to meet all of you, and the film was superb!
    I really look forward to the next get together, and Nabooty, we gotta do some practice for our next"duel". :)
    This was a lot of fun, thank for helping me to enjoy going public for the Sith!

12. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Not a bad turnout for 'middle of the run' film. It is SW of course. :D Thanks for all who came out again. I've been wearing my costume just about every weekend for the past 2 months :D

The theater manager said the IMAX AOTC has been extended until Dec 12th (or was it the 15th?)...point is it will be around a little while longer. We may end up doing this yet again. Keep your eyes on this thread just in case. :)

13. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Well that could have been better.

Good to see all of those who did come out, though. Even got to meet a few new folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.