main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA EVENT! Make it a movie weekend April 4-5!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The San Diego Star Wars Society (SD's chapter of FanForce) would like to invite The LA, OC, and IE Chapters to join us for a Star Wars movie marathon on April 5th!!! This is the SDSWS' second such film event... we had so much fun at the first one that we decided to do it again and invite others to participate!! We will be watching episodes 4,5,6,1,2 and various fanfilms.

The event begins at 11am in Poway, CA (30 minutes north of San Diego) and is being hosted at the Contempo Design Center, which has an amazing mini theatre inside on its 2nd floor. The building is quite large and many of the chairs recline; we will be seeing the three films on a 10ft screen with surround sound. The way the room will be set up is that people are free to come and go during the movies. In a room behind where the movies will be playing are some pool tables, and other tables where people can sit and eat. Downstairs is a full kitchen. Upstairs where the movies will be playing we will have snacks and drinks as well. The room will handle 50 people comfortably.

Everyone is welcome to wear costumes, bring lightsabers or other props, wear Star Wars T-Shirts etc. Show and tell at SW fan events is always encouraged! I know of at least one complete sewn Jedi costume that will be for sale at the event, just fyi.
    Also, SDSWS will be showing off the artifacts of Jabba's Sail Barge that we collected on our recent trip to the Dune Sea of Tatooine (Imperial Desert near Yuma where scenes from ROTJ was filmed.) There may also be a special preview showing of the SDSWS fanfilm currently in production, "Shadows in the Sand"!!!

The directions to the event are:

Contempo Design
    12302 Kerran Street
    Poway, CA 92064

- Take 15 Freeway.
    - Take the Scripps Poway Parkway Exit off of the 15 freeway and head East
    - Go East about 4-5 miles until you reach Kirkham (One light past Pomerado
    Road)
    - Turn Left on Kirkham, take the next left on Kerran
    - Drive to the end of Kerran Street, we are in the Contempo Design Building
    on the right.

For more information you can contact Mara_Jade_Fan, the Supreme Chancellor of the SDSWS, or JediG60racer, the Vice Chancellor, or go lurk on the San Diego forum!!!!
    See you all there! BYOL! and MTFBWYA!

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Who else beside me wants to go to this, this time around. I missed the last one and it would be fun. Anyone want to carpool?

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I think I actually might be able to go this time...

4. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Forgot to mention, food will be a major part of this, since it's going to be at least a 10 hour long event! Potluck is the word. There are people bringing home-made COOKIES, cupcakes, baklava, did I mention COOKIES?, and there will probably be lots and lots of pizza to go around. If you can bring something edible to share, that would be cool! If not, no worries... there will be plenty!

5. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys; im up for this one as well. i will check and see if my padawan is available. if so then i have 2 seats left in my car.

my wife will be at a church retreat and im feeling more like being with friends than the last one on my birthday weekend. you see my father passed away on my birthday and i just wanted to be alone. i took my padawan cause i didnt want to drive alone. so this time anyone who wants to can drive down with me.

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    IF I go I will be taking my little brother who lives in the San Diego area....I still have to call him and make sure he's free, etc. I might stay the night there so I would probably only be able to offer a ride one way.

7. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I would go, but I have a Planes of Fame Museum event on the 5th very early in the morning :(

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I missed the last one, as well, so I think I'd be up for it. Unless my company starts working over time on Saturdays again by then.

9. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jedi-Loreen, you *have* to come!! it is your dessssstiny! Besides, the RL doesn't have many gatherings so this is a pretty good substitute, with all the Jedi who will be there...

10. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Okay, Brendan, you don't have to twist my arm too hard! [face_laugh]

BTW, did you ever finish the custom EL bladed saber that you started? It looked like it was going to be pretty cool when you finished it. I can't even remember, now, on which message board I saw those pics of it that you posted. ?[face_plain]

I'm not using my Parks saber that I had when we were walking around in the Gaslamp district before Halloween anymore. I've built my own custom saber with a Lightech blade kit installed in it, but now I'm making my own EL blades for it. I've made 8 different colors! :eek: :D Maybe I'll bring all of them to show off! I'm definitely bringing my custom saber! :cool:

11. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I heard about you finally sourcing all the material to make your own EL blades... impressive, *most* impressive! I'm looking forward to seeing them! My saber has progressed a bit, worked on it some this week actually. Right now I'm still trying to make an adaptor to properly hold the EL blade, using Home Depot parts. I want to give this saber a true home-made feel using as little pre-made parts as possible (that Lighttech blade adaptor is really tempting though). I'd love to see your solution for the EL blade sockets!

12. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    EL blade sockets? were working on that right now. need some aluminum tubing less than 1 inch and 7/8 inch inside. i have a friend who is an engineer and he says if he cant find some....he will have some fabricated....so probably soon.

13. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Yeah, I also figured that Brendan was talking about some sort tube to hold the blade, (what I've been calling a "sleeve") since he has 2 Parks sabers and already knows how the blades attach to the inverters.

14. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    The connector is easy, it's just a matched set of 1/4" stereo jacks so it can connect and disconnect. The trick is finding a sleeve as you say, to holster the blade, then finding the right thumbscrew to secure the blade in there. I may have found just the thing, it's a pipe connecter with set screws in it that is the exact same inner diameter as the outer diameter of the blade, which means a little bit of dremel grinding to make the blade slide inside it. But so far so good. Anyways, back to topic... see you at the movie marathon!!

15. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Bump! reminder that the movie event is this weekend!!

16. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Don't worry, Brendan, we haven't forgotten! :D

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks to those of you from the OC that came down to the movie marathon event last night. It was a blast! :D

18. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Thanks Linda. I was the only one from here that was there for the whole thing. I had a good time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.