main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA EVENT!!! Movie Marathon, April 5!!! ROAD TRIP!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The San Diego Star Wars Society (SD's chapter of FanForce) would like to invite The LA, OC, and IE Chapters to join us for a Star Wars movie marathon on April 5th!!! This is the SDSWS' second such film event... we had so much fun at the first one that we decided to do it again and invite others to participate!! We will be watching episodes 4,5,6,1,2 and various fanfilms.

The event begins at 11am in Poway, CA (30 minutes north of San Diego) and is being hosted at the Contempo Design Center, which has an amazing mini theatre inside on its 2nd floor. The building is quite large and many of the chairs recline; we will be seeing the three films on a 10ft screen with surround sound. The way the room will be set up is that people are free to come and go during the movies. In a room behind where the movies will be playing are some pool tables, and other tables where people can sit and eat. Downstairs is a full kitchen. Upstairs where the movies will be playing we will have snacks and drinks as well. The room will handle 50 people comfortably.

Everyone is welcome to wear costumes, bring lightsabers or other props, wear Star Wars T-Shirts etc. Show and tell at SW fan events is always encouraged! I know of at least one complete sewn Jedi costume that will be for sale at the event, just fyi.
    Also, SDSWS will be showing off the artifacts of Jabba's Sail Barge that we collected on our recent trip to the Dune Sea of Tatooine (Imperial Desert near Yuma where scenes from ROTJ was filmed.) There may also be a special preview showing of the SDSWS fanfilm currently in production, "Shadows in the Sand"!!!

The directions to the event are:

Contempo Design
    12302 Kerran Street
    Poway, CA 92064

- Take 15 Freeway.
    - Take the Scripps Poway Parkway Exit off of the 15 freeway and head East
    - Go East about 4-5 miles until you reach Kirkham (One light past Pomerado
    Road)
    - Turn Left on Kirkham, take the next left on Kerran
    - Drive to the end of Kerran Street, we are in the Contempo Design Building
    on the right.

For more information you can contact Mara_Jade_Fan, the Supreme Chancellor of the SDSWS, or JediG60racer, the Vice Chancellor, or go lurk on the San Diego forum!!!!
    See you all there! BYOL! and MTFBWYA!

2. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    what, do we smell funny? No response?

3. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Unless you all smell from other than your noses, no Brendan, you don't smell funny lol. I think there will be a good number of the IE in attendance.

4. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    yeah, i will be there! And im weraing my fleet trooper costume.

5. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Also
    Since im secretary im gonna start making up the agenda this week for the meeting, so if you want anything included in the agenda, PM it to me.

6. Genvieve-Weasley

Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    I might be able to go to the marathon now, i have requested the day off... hehe the marathon does count as a play rehearsal right?? :D

7. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    uhh, yeah, were shooting a mini scene of the beginning if ANH with me getting blasted by jason in huis trioo[per armor.

8. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Reminder!~ It's this weekend!!!

9. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    i wish to remind you all, whomever has a costume, please wear it! fuch fun was had last time. So basicaly if you haev one WEAR IT! hahahahahahaha...whooops, dark side slipped out there for a sec,....

10. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I'll be there....sans costume, unfortunately

11. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    I, for one, don't find it unfortunate that you won't be wearing a costume. Perhaps we can ask Mike to turn the heat on. It might get cold for you. At least bring a hat to keep your head warm.

12. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    awww......your concern for my health is touching!

13. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    I'll be there, if skywalker can give me a ride, and I'll be in my han costume.

14. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    you are always welcome flyboy ;) just bring $$$$$ for gas!

15. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    his concern for somethign is "touching" hahahaha

--sorry :( j/k

16. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    I am trying to find the Star Wars cook book to bake some stuff for the potluck, but I can't find it and I cant find anything on the internet! I will find something soon, so far all I have is Wookie cookies and Darth Mults! :) O and I dont know if I am actually going to have room in my car for my costume to be honest. :( And there is no way I can drive down there in those BOOTS!

17. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Hmmm....sounds like the classic cop-out to me, heh heh heh.

18. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Cop-out? :eek: Because I am sacrificing my costume to bring most of the IE?
    You are calling this a cop-out?
    :mad: geerrrrr

19. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Um...yeah. [face_plain]

20. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Guess! do guys really want me too bring my costume? The one that shows up all of yours? ;) Really that one? Ok fine you ask for it! Sorry in advance to the three people that I now have to kick out of my car but ?I have work to do? [face_plain]

21. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    What'd you just say :confused: And it the [face_plain] was a joke, my very young apprentice! ;)

22. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Dude! you know I am older then you right? That doesint work! Try "My MASTER" it makes more sense, "trust me" ;)

23. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    NOTHIGN SHOWS UP MY COSTUMES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

WHOOPS SORRY! by the way...if i can drive inmy boots u can too, and oh yeah almost forgot, who kills you! ME! My even younger very young apprentice!

24. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    YOU Dont kill me stupid. THE ONLY WAY I A"M GOING OUT IS IF I GIVE MY SELF TO THE FORCE!.
    AND DUDE! You boots are Harly boots THER MADE FOR RIDING! Mine are made with wooding soles!

25. tk-7603

Feb 9, 2003
    that coment was actually towards colt...not you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.