main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EVENT!!! Movie Marathon in SD, April 5ht! Jedi ROAD TRIP!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by AnakinWisler, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    The San Diego Star Wars Society (SD's chapter of FanForce) would like to invite The LA, OC, MD, and IE Chapters to join us for a Star Wars movie marathon on April 5th!!! This is the SDSWS' second such film event... we had so much fun at the first one that we decided to do it again and invite others to participate!! We will be watching episodes 4,5,6,1,2 and various fanfilms.

The event begins at 11am in Poway, CA (30 minutes north of San Diego) and is being hosted at the Contempo Design Center, which has an amazing mini theatre inside on its 2nd floor. The building is quite large and many of the chairs recline; we will be seeing the three films on a 10ft screen with surround sound. The way the room will be set up is that people are free to come and go during the movies. In a room behind where the movies will be playing are some pool tables, and other tables where people can sit and eat. Downstairs is a full kitchen. Upstairs where the movies will be playing we will have snacks and drinks as well. The room will handle 50 people comfortably.

Everyone is welcome to wear costumes, bring lightsabers or other props, wear Star Wars T-Shirts etc. Show and tell at SW fan events is always encouraged! I know of at least one complete sewn Jedi costume that will be for sale at the event, just fyi.
    Also, SDSWS will be showing off the artifacts of Jabba's Sail Barge that we collected on our recent trip to the Dune Sea of Tatooine (Imperial Desert near Yuma where scenes from ROTJ was filmed.) There may also be a special preview showing of the SDSWS fanfilm currently in production, "Shadows in the Sand"!!!

The directions to the event are:

Contempo Design
    12302 Kerran Street
    Poway, CA 92064

- Take 15 Freeway.
    - Take the Scripps Poway Parkway Exit off of the 15 freeway and head East
    - Go East about 4-5 miles until you reach Kirkham (One light past Pomerado
    Road)
    - Turn Left on Kirkham, take the next left on Kerran
    - Drive to the end of Kerran Street, we are in the Contempo Design Building
    on the right.

For more information you can contact Mara_Jade_Fan or go lurk on the San Diego forum!!!!
    Hop to see you all there! BYOL! and MTFBWYA!

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Sounds cool, I will post the info in above sticky thread entitled,"Mojave Desert Fan Force Meetings & Announcements thread" I hopea few of our FF will contribute and join their movie Marathon.

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh that sounds fun! If I lived there I'd be so there! :D

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] I am already there...

5. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys could always carpool down. The event lasts all day! :D

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thats the problem there is only basically one amidst us who can drive.

7. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Someone gave me the idea to travel on Amtrak in full costume.

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hmm, perhaps we could also go via Amtrak. There is a station nearby. 8-} The Mojave Desert FF is going San Diego!!

9. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    You guys NEED to be there! :D It's going to be a BLAST and we're showing the "public" the first glimpse of the film Shadows in the Sand :D :cool:

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    OH! Is there anyway I can reserve a special copy and have it sent to me? I can't I am going mining tommorrow. :(

11. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm sure we can figure something out. It's only a 45 sec. clip. ;) But we're going to try to get it shown at Comic Con this year. So if you're there, you might see it! :D

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    See for not only is money a little slim in my pockets right now, but also I only have a ride whenever my parents have it off. [face_laugh] I know...I am lincenseless... [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.