main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *Event- November Meet... Toronto SciFi-Con*

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am sorry that I will not be able to make it Tessa. I would have loved to meet Jess and seen you all again...

2. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Tessa, I need a time. What time are we expected to be having dinner and what not. I asked a page ago and still don't know what time dinner is.
    And if this one is anything like it's comic counterpart it'll be too small to be worth wearing a costume at. The comic one was only the size of one of the Q&A rooms from SFX. Specifically the one they used for Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, and a couple others in prio years.

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Dinner booking is for 5pm. Meet outside at the park across the street for 4:30pm.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Whichrestaurant is it going to be btw?

Also if I may suggest meeting in the lobby of the convention centre would be a tad warmer than the park. The park is fine in August but end of November?

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Kasieys (for the devil of me I can't spell the name, one reason I'm going there myself this evening).

Good idea for us to meet in the lobby. I had forgotten about the cold weather for a bit and thought of summer.

Remmeber. Everyone has til 1pm today to tell me, otherwise you have no seat reserved!

6. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Ok so for dinner we meet in the lobby at 4. But what about the con. Are we meeting for that? Or am I going to be wandering around trying to find all you?

7. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well, no need to meet in the lobby that early. The park is literally across the street; no need to shave off a half hour due to a change in location.

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Meet in the lobby at 4-4:30ish.

Meet up with me? Hmmm.. how about 11am in the lobby? Some of us are running around in costume right? I don't suggest we do that til a bit later.

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright. You kids have till tommorow at 1pm to tell me. I couldn't hop down there today, so it'll have to wait till tommorow.

10. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Grrr...I am going to have transportation troubles bur I will try to work it out.

11. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I know I'm kind of late, but I still plan on coming to just the dinner on Sunday.

12. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright. Here's the update.

We have reservations for nine people at 5pm. The only resturant in the area that we could book for that many was Canyon Creek. They're a nice place, and had a nice feel to them when you walked in.

We're meeting in the lobby at 11am. Right.

Well, must be off to do some work.

13. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, at this point I can say im definitley going to have to bow out for this con. The Hospital-that-shall-not-be-named released my Grandmother today. She is doing much, MUCH better than she was before, mainly because we started smuggling in REAL food to her, but she is not 100% independent again yet, so I will be spending most of the weekend taking care of her.

On the plus side though, I should be free for anything taking place during or around the Gathering of the Fellowship.

Sabrina

14. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright, sorry for throwing you guys all over the map. I found (as did John) that the prices at Canyon Creek were a bit to pricey.

I called up it's neighbour 'The Armadillo' and asked again if they could take a reservation for 5pm. They told me the latest they could take one would be 3:30pm. I asked how long it would take aprox. 10 people to be seated...

So here's the plan. About 2 of us are going to the resturant at 4:30pm to ask for seats for 9. The longest I was assured that we had to wait is 20 min. So by the time everyone else makes there way down to the resturant (at 5pm) we will be seated.

The prices are more reasonable here, and they have a wider variety. Here's the Website

15. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I ate there during Worldcon a few times... quite liked the place. Good Ribs. Good Chicken.

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Are you coming then?

17. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    No, I'm stuck in Ottawa at the moment. Had a presentation on Friday and 2 projects due Monday, then exams for the next week and a half. So there was no way I could make it back into town this weekend. If I were in Toronto I'd be joining you though.

18. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Great Event...even if I was the only one in costume for a long period of time...got some funny looks around Toronto. And it was great meeting Vent. I can't wait to come back.

19. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Great seeing everyone again of course! Sure it was a small (really really small) con, we still got to hang out and have dinner, and have dozens of bizarre photos to boot!

20. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Small cons are great. Very different from middleing or large cons, but they have a charm all their own.

21. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah but I was a very lonely Jedi until the 501st showed up. Then I felt less dorky. Though nothing tops the looks I got eating in the resturaunt as a Jedi. [face_laugh]

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I dressed up for a bit aswell!

Thanks so much for making it out guys. I'll try and get the photos up as soon as possible. I just need to figure out how. :p

23. OddlingChild

OddlingChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    wohoo baggage check! *staggers off* oo i got a headache.

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Pwah? Aww Vent you're nuts.

25. OddlingChild

OddlingChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    actually im k9, but whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.