Toronto *Event- November Meet... Toronto SciFi-Con*

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I am sorry that I will not be able to make it Tessa. I would have loved to meet Jess and seen you all again...
  2. Duker_Duck Jedi Master

star 4
    Tessa, I need a time. What time are we expected to be having dinner and what not. I asked a page ago and still don't know what time dinner is.
    And if this one is anything like it's comic counterpart it'll be too small to be worth wearing a costume at. The comic one was only the size of one of the Q&A rooms from SFX. Specifically the one they used for Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, and a couple others in prio years.
  3. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Dinner booking is for 5pm. Meet outside at the park across the street for 4:30pm.

4. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Whichrestaurant is it going to be btw?

Also if I may suggest meeting in the lobby of the convention centre would be a tad warmer than the park. The park is fine in August but end of November?
  5. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Kasieys (for the devil of me I can't spell the name, one reason I'm going there myself this evening).

Good idea for us to meet in the lobby. I had forgotten about the cold weather for a bit and thought of summer.

Remmeber. Everyone has til 1pm today to tell me, otherwise you have no seat reserved!
  6. SamwiseGamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so for dinner we meet in the lobby at 4. But what about the con. Are we meeting for that? Or am I going to be wandering around trying to find all you?
  7. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well, no need to meet in the lobby that early. The park is literally across the street; no need to shave off a half hour due to a change in location.
  8. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Meet in the lobby at 4-4:30ish.

Meet up with me? Hmmm.. how about 11am in the lobby? Some of us are running around in costume right? I don't suggest we do that til a bit later.
  9. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Alright. You kids have till tommorow at 1pm to tell me. I couldn't hop down there today, so it'll have to wait till tommorow.
  10. SamwiseGamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    Grrr...I am going to have transportation troubles bur I will try to work it out.
  11. Anakin_Padme4ever Force Ghost

star 6
    I know I'm kind of late, but I still plan on coming to just the dinner on Sunday.
  12. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Alright. Here's the update.

We have reservations for nine people at 5pm. The only resturant in the area that we could book for that many was Canyon Creek. They're a nice place, and had a nice feel to them when you walked in.

We're meeting in the lobby at 11am. Right.

Well, must be off to do some work.
  13. Sabrina001 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, at this point I can say im definitley going to have to bow out for this con. The Hospital-that-shall-not-be-named released my Grandmother today. She is doing much, MUCH better than she was before, mainly because we started smuggling in REAL food to her, but she is not 100% independent again yet, so I will be spending most of the weekend taking care of her.

On the plus side though, I should be free for anything taking place during or around the Gathering of the Fellowship.

Sabrina
  14. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

Alright, sorry for throwing you guys all over the map. I found (as did John) that the prices at Canyon Creek were a bit to pricey.

I called up it's neighbour 'The Armadillo' and asked again if they could take a reservation for 5pm. They told me the latest they could take one would be 3:30pm. I asked how long it would take aprox. 10 people to be seated...

So here's the plan. About 2 of us are going to the resturant at 4:30pm to ask for seats for 9. The longest I was assured that we had to wait is 20 min. So by the time everyone else makes there way down to the resturant (at 5pm) we will be seated.

The prices are more reasonable here, and they have a wider variety. Here's the Website
  15. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    I ate there during Worldcon a few times... quite liked the place. Good Ribs. Good Chicken.
  16. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
  17. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I'm stuck in Ottawa at the moment. Had a presentation on Friday and 2 projects due Monday, then exams for the next week and a half. So there was no way I could make it back into town this weekend. If I were in Toronto I'd be joining you though.
  18. SamwiseGamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    Great Event...even if I was the only one in costume for a long period of time...got some funny looks around Toronto. And it was great meeting Vent. I can't wait to come back.
  19. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Great seeing everyone again of course! Sure it was a small (really really small) con, we still got to hang out and have dinner, and have dozens of bizarre photos to boot!
  20. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    Small cons are great. Very different from middleing or large cons, but they have a charm all their own.
  21. SamwiseGamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah but I was a very lonely Jedi until the 501st showed up. Then I felt less dorky. Though nothing tops the looks I got eating in the resturaunt as a Jedi. [face_laugh]
  22. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

I dressed up for a bit aswell!

Thanks so much for making it out guys. I'll try and get the photos up as soon as possible. I just need to figure out how. :p
  23. OddlingChild Jedi Knight

star 1
    wohoo baggage check! *staggers off* oo i got a headache.
  24. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
  25. OddlingChild Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually im k9, but whatever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.