main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Event Number Three is IN THE BOOKS!!!! And now it is time for the Name Game....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping make our FanForce a success. Take a moment and pat yourself on the back, because you deserve it.

We were glad to welcome spottcat211 to his first event. Darth_Haggis brought a few of his friends; Jo attended again, as well as two newcomers, Dave and Daniel. astrozombie managed to get us in free of charge (Thanks again!!!) Darth_Haggis was the successful mini-golf champion, winning by a single stroke. I personally had a blast, and would do that again in a heartbeat!!!

Ideas for our next event were discussed, and the possibility of a Star Wars board game night in the near future does exist.

Secondly, I would like to lead a great CHEER, for as soon as our RSA approves it, our FanForce is now an "Official" Chapter here on the FanForce boards.

We now have the options to change our board colors, or design a customized banner for the top of our board, and even submit a board Icon to go under our names in our posts.

But before that happens, we have to come up with a name for our chapter.

I think it should be something that includes Star Wars as well as includes Edmonton or Canada in some way. We need a name before we can design some final graphics.

Suggestions aren't only needed, they are required!!! :)

Once we have a list of names, we can start a poll with all the names in it, run it for a week or something... once that poll is over, we can select say the top 3 names, and run another week long poll and choose our winner.

And then when our name is decided, then we can invite EVERYBODY to design some logos, and do the same thing with them.

So lets put our thinking caps on, and see what we can come up with!!!

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Alright :).

should a seperate post be put up for name ideas? or should we just post the ideas here?.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Was a CR selected?

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, fire away your ideas for a name in this thread, if you please... :)

And no the subject never came up... I thought we had to be "official" before we chose a CR, and YJN hasn't "approved" us yet?

Indy

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Your approved...;)

Here is a little info about the CR position and the chapter stuff (which you have already done).

FanForce Chapter Formation Information (How it is suppose to work)

FanForce chapters are the real life extensions of the online Star Wars community. Chapters are formed when groups of individuals want to gather regularly to share friendship and there love of the Star Wars universe. FanForce Chapter status is not something to be given to people who only meet and talk online.

"Perks" about becoming an Official FanForce Chapter

- Custom Forum's board colors and banners.
    - Custom Chapter Icon
    - You can provide links to your group's website on both the regional listing and at the top of each page (replaces the "TFN FanForce" link currently at the top)
    - Extended edit time for your forums. You can change it from the default 90-minute edit time to three hours, 24 hours, or even unlimited time.
    - Automatic pruning of the topics in your forum is disabled.
    - Titles
    - And your own chapter forum

How to become recognized as a FanForce Chapter

1) Find 2 (or more) online FanForce members within your city/town/or resident community. (Generally within a reasonable driving area.)
    2) Between the members of the group, discuss and settle on an activity that can be done in the real world that will better allow you to get to know your new online friends. It is suggested that activities and events not be limited to hinder other members from joining (meaning age limitations or sex limitations), remember FanForce is family friendly. Suggested possible events can be: Theater Movie Night, Games Day in a park, a group trip to a convention, etc.
    3) Notify your Regional Support Administrator (RSA) of the details of the activity that you have planned. The RSA will post the event in the FanForce news and the event will be recognized as an official event.
    4) Repeat steps 1-3 a total of two more times and you will be granted ?Official FanForce Chapter? status.

City Reps (Chapter Reps) and their duties

- You cannot be a CR before your chapter has ?Official Chapter? status
    - You can not be a CR without an Official Chapter
    - City Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - City Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a City Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a City Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nominations/votes to their RSA to tally so that the utmost fairness will be achieved in the election. Polls on the forums can are often tampered with by people posting with multiple ?socks?
    3) If CR meets the requirements, as listed above (the RSA will make that judgment call), the e

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    "Edmantooine"

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    WOOT!!! :)

Here are a few names we had from before...

Edmontooine

Mos Edmonton

Centerpoint Station

Forest Moon of Edmonton

T.I.E. Fighters - Titanium Imperial Edmontonian Fighters

Personally I love the Edmontooine one, but that is just me... :)

8. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Names are looking pretty good.

Champion's Legion

Is one name I thought of.

9. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    I second Edmontooine...
    Liking the names...
    Thats all! ;)

10. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    What is Edmonton known as?

London Ontario is the Forest City
    St. Catharines is the Garden City

What is Edmonton? Maybe you can pull a cool mane out of that.

11. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, Victoria is known as the Garden City too! (Note to self: have Victory Base declare war on St. Catherines for name-stealing. :) )

I know I don't really have a vote on the name thing, but in my opinion, I like Edmontooine best so far. It really works when you put the emphasis on the "mon" syllable.

Cheers,

- Rani

12. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Edmonton is known as "The City of Champions"

13. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I like Edmontooine... and not just cuz I suggested it ;)

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    How about Champion Squadron (from the X-Wing books)?

Indy

15. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Interesting. It has potential.

Champion Squadron - based out of Edmontooine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.