main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [EVENT] One Man Star Wars Show and Food Drive - Sat, February 17th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Event Name: One Man Star Wars Show

presented by the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center

Event Sponsor: Charlotte Fan Force with the Carolina Garrison of the 501st to benefit Second Harvest of Metrolina

Central Contact for Event: Jada

Hosted by: Blumenthal Performing Arts Center

Event Place: McGlohon Theater

Spirit Square is located at 345 N. College Street, between Tryon & College on 7th Street, adjacent to Public Library and across from
    Discovery Place. Enter through Tryon or College Street doors.

http://www.blumenthalcenter.org/docs/visit/theaters/uploads/directions/SpiritSquare.pdf

Event Time: 6:30pm

Arrive by: 6:00 pm

Show times 7:00pm and 9:00pm

Number of Costumed Characters needed: To be provided by the 501st.

Number of Volunteers Needed: We will need people to volunteer to be at the table to take donations, give donators a ticket to get their picture taken with the characters and answer questions about the Fan Force and the 501st.

Special Items needed: Card board boxes. The small book boxes for moving would be best.

Photography:

The Charlotte Fan Force Historian and possibly Jedi_528 will be there to take pictures of the donators with the costumed characters. The people donating will get a card that will direct them to a website to get their pictures.

Prop Weapons Allowed: Yes although we are going to be working with the security people to make sure they understand that the prop weapons are a part of the costume and necessary. With the climate of ?today? security forces are a bit overzealous. ;)

Transportation and Parking: Click HERE for parking information. If you need a ride, please let people know.

Additional notes:

Banners and Promotional Information

I will have the FanForce.net banner. Also, I will have a business card with the Charlotte Fan Force?s website on it.

Collections of Food

We will set up a table between the two shows. The table will be inside. We are asking for a donation of 1 can of food in exchange for getting a photograph with a costumed character.

Collection of Monies

If someone doesn't have a can of food for $1 they can get their picture taken with a character/group of characters.

ALL proceeds will go to Second Harvest

We will not take one thin dime for this. Any monies will go directly to Second Harvest.

The space we will be working with

Here is the entrace to the theater and where we will have our table. The table will be skirted and have a tablecloth.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/CFF/2006_0915007.jpg]

This next photo is very important because it shows that the floor at each end is slanted. This will be important for helmeted folks to remember so that they don't do a swan dive and kiss the carpet.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/CFF/2006_0915003.jpg]

And this is where the characters would stand for pictures.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/CFF/2006_0915004.jpg]

I will be asking them if they have a ?curtain? in a light color that we can put behind us to make it look more professional

Volunteering and not attending the show

Since I had this question from the planning thread for the event before it was postponed I thought I?d address it again.

If people want to come and just volunteer and not see the show they can do that. You won't have to buy a ticket to just be there. Be aware that you won't be able to go in.

Comp Tickets/Discount Tickets

I?m going to have my contact at Blumenthal put in writing what we can get as far as comps/discount.

COSTUMED CHARACTERS ATTEND

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just upping this as a reminder to folks that it is coming up!

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I need to know from folks who is going to be volunteering. If you volunteer I can get you a comp ticket. But you won't get it until you show up. Seriously. I ain't easy. ;) <cracks whip>

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Update

COSTUMED CHARACTERS ATTENDING

anakin1974 - ROTS Anakin
    cricket - Biker Scout
    cockroach - Biker Scout
    TB0976 - Leia [tentative]
    35CedarCove - Clean TK
    TK-5766 - TK
    TI-6212 - Tie Pilot
    Migman - Darth Vader

CHARLOTTE FAN FORCE VOLUNTEERS ATTENDING

Jada - Event Coordinator
    TK2970 ? Photographer
    Jedi_528 - Volunteer

5. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Just got tickets for my other two "companions" who will be going to the show! And I guess I can pick up a comp ticket when I get there, if I'm correct.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    PM me your seat location and I'll ask for a comp ticket there.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thank you to Hama for putting up an article about this on fanforce.net! :D

Article

If you have questions about this event ask now!

Also, if you aren't volunteering and need tickets get them now. They are anticipating this will be a big walkup ticket sale event.

9. Darth_Samurai

Darth_Samurai Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Jada:
    How's it going? Just let me know if you'd like me and a few of my padawans to come in costume for pictures or whatever. I'd also need to check and see who is available this weekend. Thanks!!

Phillip

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Phillip,

Do you have any pictures of your costumes?

11. Darth_Samurai

Darth_Samurai Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Jada:
    I'll try to pm you some pics tonight. My costume is movie quality, the boys not so much. Just whatever you think. I'm about positive that I've got pics of at least one of the boys as well. Just let me know what you think. I've been needing to put pics on the computer anyway because I've been meaning to load up my Rebel Legion pictures. My costume is based on Jacen Solo and I'm working on one now that I hope to have done soon that is going to be Jacen's uniform as the commanding officer of the Galactic Alliance's secret police. (I'm psyched about that one but have to talk to my seamstress some more about it) I'll try to get some pics to you tonight. Would you mind pming me your email address? Talk to you later.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :oops: It would help if I actually did that now wouldn't it. [face_blush]

13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Your siblings of the TFF are wishing ya'll a lot of good wishes and prayers for a wonderful turnout this Saturday!! We know it will be a success

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thanks Cat! :D

OK, here are a few updates!

1) Charles Ross, the actor of One Man Star Wars, is going to be available to do a "meet and greet" with us after the 9pm show!

2) Second Harvest is sending over braclets for us to give out for donations.

If anyone has questions about anything with the event contact me ASAP!

WE'RE 2 DAYS OUT FOLKS! :eek:

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who helped. We collected $193 in cash and 78 canned food items that will be presented to Second Harvest this week.

Here are a few pictures:

The group with Charlie

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/groupwithcharlie.gif]

Me with a donation container

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/Hope.jpg]

Julio with a Biker Scout

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/Julio_with_trooper.jpg]

I'm now going to go and sit in a chair and stare for a couple of days. :p [face_tired]

16. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    I had a Blast !!!!

17. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Please go here to see all the cool pic's that have been uploaded from this event...

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yesterday TK-2970 and I finally were able to deliver the cans and the check to Second Harvest. Let me tell you, I was blown away. Second Harvest serves over 16 counties! :shock: They are a clearing house that sends out food boxes to agencies in the counties including down into South Carolina.

We went on a tour of the facility and it is awesome. Not only do they provide food to the hungry, they have a program with schools that have identified children that would otherwise have nothing to eat on the weekends. They send home a backpack of food that the children can prepare themselves. The program also makes sure they get two meals a day during the school week.

Here are pictures we took of the facility:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/z2.jpg]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/z3.jpg]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/z4.jpg]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/z5.jpg]

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Food%20Drive%202-17-07/z6.jpg]

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I just got this email from Second Harvest:

Hello!

Golly--I meant to get back to you earlier, I really did!?but I got hijacked by a bunch of Empty Bowls and held for silent auction at the special event we had last week!

Really, my apologies for being tardy in responding?we were swamped getting ready for a fundraiser and I wanted to have time to write you a proper note!

I LOVED the photo link you sent?it was more than fun to see both your event and how Second Harvest looks to the camera! I wanted you to know we all were very impressed by the way you had your food drive and raised funds for our agency?truly partnering with us to end hunger in our community. (I will be sending a note on letter head for you records)

Meeting you was a highlight of my day, when you came in to drop off the food. It is knowing that people like you think outside the box, and express such empathy to others based on personal experience, that just leaves me filled with appreciation.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way! And, again, thank you for helping us in our mission to end hunger in our community?your efforts DID make a difference!

Best Regards,

Patricia T. Bowman
    Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina

This is really great! :D Thanks to all who helped. [:D]

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just have two more follow up items for this:

Fox News did have coverage of us ready but had a breaking news story and we got cut. I talked with the Weekend Producer and he said they couldn't release the tape. Oh well, next time! :D

Also, we got another letter from Second Harvest. Because of the monies we collected Second Harvest was able to purchase over 1200 pounds of food. :eek: That with the actual food that was donated equals 6 months of dinners for a family of 4!

Thanks once again to all who helped with this. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.