main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Event planning for May

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Because I figure that we will need about 2 months to plan something, I want to start taking suggestions for actvities now.

If you would like to suggest something for us (fanforce Richmond) to do, please feel free to post your idea along with dates for this activity (or at least dates you are available between now and april). Events/activities do not need to be star wars related only, nor do they need to be anything special (you could suggest something simple as meeting for coffee/beverages or a movie)

Thoughts??

In a week I will select the event/activity that has the most suggestions or seems to be the easiest to accomidate (should there be a tie).

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm free on weekend afternoons.

Meeting for coffee/etc somewhere sounds nice, like Starbuck's or something. The only one I know of is right in front of Chesterfield Towne Center.

What do you think about going bowling? (Even though I suck at it, it's still fun lol)

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well we discussed bowling previously and it was voted down because of the cost (i think the cost was around 10$ for a game). Also because everyone is only available on weekend, we are limited to times because most alleys have leagues all day.

If you dig around in the old threads there should be a list of costs for local places and other info. Its not a bad idea if everyone is up for the costs involved...

As for coffee, there are several starbuck's on midlothian, one at stoney point and one at short pump (plus many numerous others inbetween ;) )

4. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Why not meet somewhere for a few rounds of Trivial Pursuit? I got the CT Collector's Edition for Christmas.

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    That has gone over well in the past :)

Although I will warn you, with some of the members of the group, if you are not seriously well versed in obscure knowledge from the movies you will not do well ;)

6. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    No trouble there--my dad and I play two rounds a night and I win every. single. time! ;) He has yet to get all six wedges before I win!

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Okie dokie. Anyone else with thoughts?

8. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Okie dokie. Anyone else with thoughts?

9. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey there,

Is there anything out here in SP that would tickle your fancy? I am free most sat evenings well except the week of march 12-20, Going to the Keys. We have a comedy club, Ice Skating, Regal, etc.

GB

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well I don't think we want to limit ourselves to one certain area, as we have people from all over (If i remember correctly, Shona is from Powhatan and I am southside). So we need to find something that is close for all of us, unless we ALL agree on an activity in a certain area.

On weekends, Short Pump is crazy. But the Ice Skating idea is good...there is another rink on Midlothian near Chesterfield town center. Good Call!!

11. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Cool! I've never been ice skating before, but when I was in elementary school I was quite the rollerskater!

The whole group could be entertained by me falling flat on my face!

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    It is a blast...just a suggestion: if you think you are going to fall alot, wear gloves lol

I have a friend taking her son this weekend and will have her get some info :)

13. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    It is a blast...just a suggestion: if you think you are going to fall alot, wear gloves lol

[face_laugh] Thanks! I'll be sure to remember that!

14. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Anyone else? ?[face_plain]

So far, I really like the sound of ice skating. It'd be a first for me!

15. Warlock_X1

Warlock_X1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2004
    Ice Skating? Hmmm well I guess if you're teaching me to Blade I can learn to skate. ;)

Or just laugh alot while watching :D

16. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well I found out some information on the Ice Skating:

One: times/days vary. Normally about 2 hours a day for public skate (maybe we could do skating and coffee)

Two: Cost is 6.50$ for admission and $2.50 for skate rental

It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, even if it is just the three of us :)

17. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Awesome! So, like on a weekend or something?

18. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Since planning for an april event has fallen a little flat, how about we do something simple....

Let's pick a date, and a coffee shop and plan to meet for coffee one weekend that works for anyone who posts in the next week that wants to come.

One suggestion: keep it somewhere central to those that want to come. Right now the majority interested would find midlothian most central/easiest to access.

Please post other suggestions as you have them.

19. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Coffee sounds good.

Only places I know of is the Starbuck's in front of Chesterfield Mall, or the one at Barnes & Noble.

20. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    well there is a starbucks and the coffee shop in BAM near the powhite.

21. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I forgot to add to my last post about the B & N Starbuck's...

Since it's in a bookstore, maybe we could do like an EU thing (social convos, bashing, whatever floats your boat! ;p ) if anyone's a fan.

22. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright we need to start cracking on these plans.

How about this: we give it until Sunday for everyone who is interested to respond. Pick one of the following dates:
    • April 16th pm
    • April 17th Mid-Am
    • April 17th evening
    • April 18th Afternoon
    • April 23rd PM
    • April 24th Mid-Am
    • April 24th evening
    • April 25th afternoon

Also, post your suggestions on location.

23. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Mid-AM on the 17th or 24th is best for me.

As for location, I know three of us said it'd be fun to do ice skating. That's cool with me. Be something I've never done before.

24. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well I kinda thought that we would stick with the coffee idea since we seem to be having low interest at this point.

25. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Anyone up for laser tag sometime? ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.