main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA [Event] Potluck BBQ in Los Gatos - Saturday, Oct 17

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Taeriel, Sep 30, 2009.

?

[Proposed Event] Potluck BBQ in Los Gatos

Poll closed Oct 14, 2009.
  1. Yes, I would attend on Sat, Oct 17

12.5%
  2. Yes, I would attend on Sun, Oct 18

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I would attend either day

87.5%
  4. No, I wouldn't make it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I think its time to send invites to people to join the Yahoo Group, since there are members that don't check the boards often, so I don't have to send individual e-mails!

;)

Anyone want to carpool to save parking spaces? Kathy, I could go to your place and we can go from there, since you've been to Alison's before. I can fit three more max.

Oh, and in addition to my chips and salsa, I can bring extra condiments leftover from the GGG picnic.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    :confused: Oro? I did what now? lol... I think Matty was on point for the contact there... [face_whistling] I'm gonna have to drive on my own since I'll prob have impromptu plans coming up after... Better refuel on the way down...

I saw the satellite telemetry off of Google maps... wow you live in the cuts. LOL 0.5 miles eh? That's not too bad, looks like a slight incline too... it'd be cardio.
    :D

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I heard from my landlady that some of my neighbors have moved out (I thought they were just on vacation), which opens up a couple more parking spaces by the house. I estimate that we'll have at least 7 spaces near the house and I might be able to borrow one or two from the other neighbors. So we might actually be ok on parking without shuttling people in from the top of the road. :) I'll send an updated parking map.

If anyone hasn't received the address and directions yet, please let me know.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's good news... this should be fun. XD

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oops. You're right. I was reading in a hurry and saw "Ming" rather than "Matt". Bad brain.

"Cuts"? I'm out of the city, if that's what you mean. I'm in a small, narrow canyon. But there is a creek! :D

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Food - I'm making a couple of changes to my entry. Since we have plenty of ribs and also burgers, I'm going to drop hot dogs and replace them with vegetables. I'm also going to replace the potato salad with a macaroni salad since we have mashed potatoes.

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    updated list:

Alison - vegetables; macaroni salad; paper plates, cups, napkins, ect
    Eva - ribs
    Robert - ribs
    Kathy - burgers and buns
    Matt - chips and salsa; condiments
    Jessica and Scott - chips and guacamole
    Ming - mashed taters
    Rachel - dessert and drinks

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Sorry, ghetto slang, o the people I know... haha... "Out in the cuts" is essentially anywhere out of the way that's almost like in the middle of no where. Like Tatooine would be considered out in the cuts by galactic standards. :D

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ahhh. Yeah, I'm a bit out of the way. But really, not that far.... believe me, one could be much more out in the middle of nowhere than this! Which I would have loved, actually, if not for the commute time to work. This location was a compromise. So does that make this... I dunno... Naboo? Out there, but not too far? I don't remember the map.

10. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, that sounds like a good plan. I'm right on the way to Alison's house off of the 17. Joan and Richard would want to ride with you too, but Joan will not know until tonight if she can make it to Alison's bbq. Can I touch base with you tonight?

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Long as I don't start hearing banjo music and see confederate flags hanging on front porches on the drive down, I'm good.

12. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    HADfnasdfrukisfh!
    It doesnt look like I can go now, I gotta clear a vessel at 11am...
    I'll call one of you up when I'm done to see if the party has dispersed by the time I'm free

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Noticed no one listed plate or utensils, so I'll bring those too.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Mmm... According to the galactic map in my mind... Naboo and Tatooine are in close proximity (less than a parsec according to Ep. II) in the Outer Rim. I guess "out in the cuts would be more like a world like Bakura or any planetary system is in the "Unknown Territories", "Wild Space", or "The Tingle Arm"...

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nah, I'm not that far out there. You can get to downtown los gatos in just 7 minutes, so I think it's more like the Expansion Region. Someplace like halfway to Boulder Creek would be the Mid-Rim. Farther out there, some of those more isolated places (like around Big Basin, or farther out) would be the Outer Rim.

16. MyBlasterGoesPewPew

MyBlasterGoesPewPew Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    See I KNEW she was gonna changer her mind.Then she wants to go again and now we are not bringing ribs....ughh.someone help me 0.o

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Guess SF would be Coruscant then. :D

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Mmm... this one thinks you're beyond help. :p Gomenasi...

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Don't stress. You guys don't have to bring ribs; whatever you want or end up bringing is just fine.

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Thank you Alison for hosting this event in Rivendell.

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You're welcome! :D I'm glad that everyone had a good time. I really enjoyed having everyone over. We should do fun get-togethers like this more often.

22. jeslyn

jeslyn Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2008
    Glad to hear you all had a great time. We were just about ready to head out today Hahah mark that one up to the hair color!

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh no!!! You thought it was today, instead of yesterday? :( I'm sorry! When you guys didn't show up, we thought that it was due to family matters taking priority.

24. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the hospitality, Alison. Yoda had a good time too, I think. That banana slug must've reminded him of Dagobah.

;)

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Aww... we should of got Yoda with the Banana Slug! That actually reminds me of a Ralph McQuarrie painting depicting Dagobah...

Very cool house Alison! Yoda was right at home. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.