main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA [Event] Potluck BBQ in Los Gatos - Saturday, Oct 17

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Taeriel, Sep 30, 2009.

?

[Proposed Event] Potluck BBQ in Los Gatos

Poll closed Oct 14, 2009.
  1. Yes, I would attend on Sat, Oct 17

12.5%
  2. Yes, I would attend on Sun, Oct 18

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I would attend either day

87.5%
  4. No, I wouldn't make it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh no! We thought you had a family emergency and that's why you were not there :( Haha, we actually thought Eva was going to make the Sunday mistake. You gals are both blonde...

2. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks so much Alison for hosting the BBQ/Party at your home for SFFF. That was very generous of you and I hope clean up and preparation for the party didn't take up too much of your time this weekend.

I have my photos posted here: http://sffanforce.com/gallery/alison-bbq/index.htm

I also hope your phone recovers OK. On the bright side, if your phone was the only thing to break after that fall on the rocks I think you can consider yourself lucky. We were all so worried!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Nice pics Kat, will have to put mine up somewhere. Also organize those concert pic links too. ;)

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I already did the concert pic links since I had the web site open. So all the links are up. (including Alison's!)

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Clean-up after the party didn't take much time at all thanks to all the work you guys did before you left. Thanks! My phone alas, appears to have expired. I've had it in a bag with desiccant or with the hairdryer blowing on it all last night and day today. No luck. I should have thought to turn it off and remove the battery as soon as it happened - I think it shorted out afterwards. *sigh* Oh well. I can get a new phone, but the last backup of my address book was over 3 years ago. I'm going to have to track down a lot of numbers. But you're right, Kathy... I'm lucky that I didn't get hurt. That'll teach me to be more careful down there.

BTW - I added more pictures to my album for the concert. The previous link was for the evening show; I added a couple of pics from the afternoon show to the album above it.

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks again for having us Alison. It was a nice relaxed time hanging out at your "endor" cabin. Sorry about your phone. I have had that happen to me. They need to make a waterproof phone.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol I was waiting for Alison's link before sending the complete listing out. I'll upload my pics from the BBQ... right now actually. :)

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I was almost gonna bring that up but I held back cos... actually I have no idea why I didn't bring that up. :confused: Darn, I missed my witty/snarky remark window...:oops: However, I'm willing to bet had Jes had the right day she wouldn't have been driving around since morning into around 3:17pm... like a certain someone:

[image=http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o330/jeditenken/SFFF%20Alison%20BBQ/DSC_0108.jpg] ----> [image=http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o330/jeditenken/SFFF%20Alison%20BBQ/DSC_0104.jpg]
    [face_whistling]

Oh yeah:
    My Pics

The series of shots of Kathy's reaction to the BBQ grill's fire is priceless! XD

9. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    looks like y'all had fun, wish i coulda made it... stupid job...

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    haha... job... :p

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks Ming - I added your photos to the SFFF web site.
    Alison - I updated the link at the SFFF web site to include the top folder of your album (pics from 2:00pm).

Sorry about your phone Alison. Yikes, did you have anything saved on your sim card contact wise, or is that all fried too?

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Unfortunately everything was on the phone rather than the sim card. Options for contact info were much more li
    ited on the sim- couldn't do assigned ringtones for example. *shrug*

but anyway, thanks to everyone for coming and making it a fun event. I know it's a long drive for most of you.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    But now you gots the iPhone! A trade up for sure... Maybe it was the will of the Force suggesting you need a new phone. ;)

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Could be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.