[Event] Renfest 2004

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Soooo...with Starfest right on top of us, it will be done and gone before we even know it.

What's everyone doing for Renfest? I think the garrison's planning on invading on June 26th. The actual Stormtrooper armor gets scarcer ever year, for favor of period gear, or a mix of the two.

I'm planning on revamping my sub-period/Imperial surcoat (the pauldrons actually have Imperial patches on them) and hopefully getting ahold of a larger recast of a Royal Guard helmet to butcher and turn into an open-faced knight helmet, similar to the guards in Episode 1 (without the black featheries). I'd like to try finding some of that metal mesh fabric they use in SG-1 to make a shirt and pants out of that will double as Renfest gear and a Goa'uld when I have the time to make one. I also wanna make some metal pauldrons for my arms...similar to what Eric and Charlie have, but silver...not black...for a more regal look.

As much as I liked what Eric and Charlie did, the heat darn near killed them, and they didn't smell too good by mid-day. :D

Rachel and I last year: http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/4752-4753-rf-07132003.jpg

Eric (Boba Fett) and Charlie from 2002: http://www.houseveska.org/renfest02c.jpg

EDIT: Added classification tag...
  2. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Can't think about this 'till after StarFest.
  3. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As soon as I get past the con, I'm all about this. Last year I rode an elephant...this year...I'm wearing something hot and frilly. Huzzah!
  5. tman Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just hope Iris & Rose are there again this year. They were GREAT. I still need to get another one of there CDs.

6. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    TK, the "mesh" fabric that you speak of for Goa'ulds was actually black cotton sweaters painted silver. So, if you have any of the "shaker" style sweaters, that's what they used.
  7. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nooo!!! You're lying! I can see REFLECTIONS on the little metal scales!!! It exists, I tell you!!! I'm sure of it!

Really, though, you can see reflections. It's SHINEY. Not even chrome paint gives that effect. I can see how the early episodes might have used the silver painted sweaters, but the later ones??? Look at the close ups in the last couple of seasons with Anubis -- you can distinctly see uniformly-sized metal rectangles on black flowy fabric. I can't even describe it adequately because it's so COOOOOL. If I had some of that, I'd make EVERYTHING out of it.

The screenshots at http://www.jaffalegions.com/ show reflections on their bodysuits. Paint doesn't do that. I neeeeeeeeed that fabric.
  8. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Mannnnnnnnn, I am so tired of working on stuff for Starfest. I wanna work on Renfest stuff now.

[face_laugh]
  9. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *sigh*...

Focus...must retain focus...
  10. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ya know, I know the Rebellion's pretty big around here -- I'd be up for trying out a Ren/Rebellion mix...maybe having a Jedi cloak to go along with it, too. Some of the ancient stuff (4,000 years B.ANH) could be taken as Renaissance period almost (well, if you squint really hard and dim the lights)...
  11. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    Tal'mac Mac. sounds like an echo.
  12. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ooo.. Renfest...maybe I'll put something together...
  13. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, website for this is active http://www.coloradorenaissance.com/

Dates are JUNE 12th - AUGUST 1st.
  14. melodyann Jedi Master

star 4
    i think the earlier the better...less heat!
  15. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, less heat is good.
  16. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hmmm... Maybe I'll do an italian gown this year... they tend to have less fabric on them...
  17. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh yeah, Mountain Garrison invasion of the Renfest is June 26th.

Not sure how many will be in Star Wars armor, though -- the numbers have dwindled every year as more people make pseudo-period costumes with Imperial symbols on them.
  18. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    All I know is that in no way shape or form am I going to troop in my Snow Trooper costume at RenFaire :p
  19. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's probably the smartest idea I've heard all day.

:D
  20. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [Force push]

Renfest 2004. w00t.
  21. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I'm gonna toss together a better Faerie costume this year. Need to get the feathers, some bead trim, some silks (yes, I'm going with silks if I can afford them) and some ribbon. I haven't found anything that I like yet, so I'll be starting to go shopping really soon.
  22. TK-4752 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooooo.

You need a pair of faerie wings that have a blurry Rebel symbol on them, so it looks like it's part of the coloration. :D
  23. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I am going to try and get the pics of mac and I at the PCC renfest posted .
  24. BerusBantha Jedi Knight

star 3
    would it be possible that a date be chosen soon for us to all go together? that way perhaps I and others could ask for that day off work if need be. I would reallyy like to try and go with the group.
  25. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Yes people, pick a date!! Jeff & I are not going this year, so if it could not be the 3rd weekend that would be great :D

We will be doing more get togethers that are not meeting related this summer, like BBQ's, prop building & just hanging out. So everybody keep your eyes peeled ;) I mean, keeping reading the boards so you know what we are planning.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.