main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Event! - Saturday, May 21st Southaven Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    While Blunt's candor may be a little hard to swallow sometimes, I am hard-pressed to find fault with his honesty. You are still in our thoughts and prayers, Chuck, and as far as I'm concerned, you're still part of the group. But, like Blunt, I stand by my decision and by what I said earier.

And we can possibly help you with your job situation. All you have to do is let us. Networking is never a bad idea.

2. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    "What you can't say, I can say better."

Yoda should call you. His grammar be BAD!

3. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I do not see where you get the idea that my panties are in a bind. I just do not want to participate with the embarassment and awkwardness and restrictions that not paying dues will incur. I guess I have to say it again, I FULLY AGREE WITH THE IMPLIMENTATION OF DUES. I AM NOT BITCHING ABOUT THEM. AND SOMEDAY, WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY, I WILL PAY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now maybe someone will understand MY position and not verbally attack me. I was very offended by your post Jacob and I didn't think you were like that. I thought this group was about friendship and coming together with a common interest, not about bashing the guy who wants to hang back and not be restricted until he can afford the dues.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No offense is meant, Chuck. If that is your decision, then I'll say nothing further to attempt to change it, or to attempt to explain my own position and the policies of this club.

5. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    I am sorry if I offend you. I don't want to sacrifice any friendships. I don't meant to offend or even attack.

Just think of me like the John Leguizamo character on Moulin Rouge:
    **to techno beat**
    "I only speak the truth. I only speak the truth. I only speak the truth..."

6. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Chuck,

For those of us who have been in your shoes, and I am pretty sure we all have at one time, we truly understand your situation. I for one, and Robert for another, have been in your situation multiple times throughout our relationship. It is times like these that you need friends the most. Did you think we would exclude you from Game Nights??? Of course not! That is ridiculos. We want you and Trish to come and relax with us. Job searching is very trying and tiring. We are all friends here, and we need to remember that. There is no reason for you to feel ashamed or bad about not being able to pay dues. There are many other things that we do that do not cost any money. Not everything is an SMT sponsored event.

If this does not change your mind about taking a hiatus from us, I understand. Please know that we are here for you and Trish. I hope this helps, as that is what friends do.

Your friends in everything Star Wars!

Kelly & Robert

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well put, and well said, Kelly. Thank you.

8. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
  9. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Well, I'll let you and Jacob handle the personal stuff yourselves, but I consider you both friends and I know a little (OK a LOT) about getting upset over message board postings and e-mails. As we have all noted, things said on screen lack the face-to-face component of saying something live, say at Triple Play, when body language and a cheerful jab to the shoulder can convey emotion. I mean, if I typed up the stuff I say to Jacob everytime I see him, he'd probably be too ticked at me to ever talk to me again. ;)

If you don't feel comfortable hanging out at the SMT events that impose a cost on the group, that's understandable. You will be missed. But as we have noted a lot already today, we do a lot of stuff that doesn't impose a cost, so don't be a stranger.

Anyway, Chuck, you know that if there is anything that Gina and I can do to help you guys out, you just have to shout out.

Peace,

-Joe

10. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Ok, here's a list of things I plan to do with you. Tim, let me know if I've got it right.

Game Night
    HeroCon
    May 20th 94.1 The Buzz thing
    May 21st Wal-Mart

If I need to change this list, let me know.

11. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Good. Now that everybody understands each other, let's back up to the following and start over:
    ===========================
    I still haven't heard anything new about times yet. So I say it will be noon to 4pm unless I hear different. We will basically be there for atmosphere for customers and pose for a crap load of pics for customers also. That's about it.
    ===========================

I plan on being there. I plan on having my costume completed before the end of next week.

*Takes Bill Murry's Lounge Singer Act*
    "Star wars, nothin' but Star Wars..."

12. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Here's an email I recieved yesterday from the Hasbro rep:

Hi Chuck,
    I have talked to Rodney at the Southaven Walmart. We are trying to put things together for the 21st. He is supposed to make up some kind of flyers to hand out (possibly by the greeters) the week leading up to that Saturday. He is also going to get with the photo lab to offer free pics again. I am going to contact the local newpaper an he is going to check into getting a radio station to announce that you will be there. We are planning on noon to 4p.m. Let me know if you have any other suggestions and I will keep you updated. Tell Trish hello!

Thanks,
    Linda

So that pretty much covers the events of the day.

13. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Every Jedi there that day will be in sooo much trouble as I will have my battle-ready Light Saber (which won't light up or make sounds) on hand!!

MWA-HA HA HA HA!!!

Oh, the carnage to befall the pathetic Jedi that day will reap the horrors of a thousand pounds of Bantha poop!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Someone fetch Kevin his medication. And watch your FX lightsabers around him.

15. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Good, Kevin! So we will be seeing you at the costuming event this Saturday and the next. I have read enough of "if my Sith costume is finished by then". If I didn't know better, I would think I was married to you. What a nightmare! (not for me, for you!)

Seriously, hope to see you Saturday at costuming or Rhonda's

Kelly

16. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    (Pokes head in cautiously...) Is it safe to post yet..?

Looking forward to the HeroCon at 3X and the event at Walmart. My mom works there and I'm going to see if I can get my nephew to stop by. He'd get a big kick out of seeing everybody in costume.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    So, this event still on? Just trying to plan out my weekend! :)

18. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I talked to Chuck yesterday. It is still on! 12-4

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Unfortunately I won't make it. I'll be Mr. Mom that day, and I have to take the tots to a kid's birthday party.

20. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I will be there!!

21. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I have read enough of "if my Sith costume is finished by then".
    ==============================

If I have it finished by then.

I plan on making my talberts for it tonight, and I need a belt...thing...for the waist. My cloak is perfection, of course you can't get better than Tim on costuming!

Lin, call me about this event, too!

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll give you a yell. We'll be at the RMH in the morning, so we can slide by and snag some MUVICO tickets, and then head down to the Walmart if you want. I'll give you a yell tonight.

Lin

23. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Anyone got directions (or an address so I can mapquest it?)
    I'll be there in my Leia costume (only one I feel like wearing after the last few days, haha)

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    The Southaven Walmart is at Goodman Rd. and 1-55. If you go down I-55 it will be the Goodman exit. Take a left on Goodman and it will be on the right behind Chik-Fil-A. If you take Getwell or Airways it's a right on Goodman and then a left just before the overpass.

25. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I think this is the one:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #848
    6811 Southcrest Pkwy
    Southaven, MS 38671
    (662) 349-1838

Edit:
    It seems to be the right one from the map and the above info that Dork provided, Mistoffelees. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    [image=http://stfun00b.net/map.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.