Events 2011

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Quinlan_Vos_1, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi Rogues!

It's time for another event update for the next few months:

** MAY **
    * 14th(Sa): May Meeting @ Chevy's on the River(Grdn Hwy) * 1pm
    * 15th(Su): Sac*Anime @ the Radisson(off the 160) * 10am-5pm / $10
    * 21st-22nd(S&S): BIG WOW! comicfest(formally SuperCon) @ San Jose Cnv. Center, Hall 3
    - 150 West San Carlos Street, SJ, CA 95110 * 1day: $20 / 2day: $30

** JUNE **
    * 5th(Su): Sac-Con @ the S.R.C. * 10am-5pm / $6
    * 11th(Sa): June Meeting @ Myke & Kimmie's * Fun starts: 10.5-11am / Meeting starts: at 1pm

** JULY **
    * 9th(Sa): July Meeting @ ??? * 1pm
    * 20th-24th(W-Su): SDCC

More to come as news comes up.
    Vos
  2. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    So, Sac Con this Sunday. Anyone planning on attending? I was thinking about it, but since its supposed to rain off and on all weekend I will likely stay up here. Will be seeing X-Men: First Class tomorrow morning, actually pretty psyched now about that one too. Can't believe its Rotten Tomatoes score, was 97%, dropped to 87%, but still, 87%!!! Could this be the start of good X-Men movies once again!?

~DZ
  3. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    My friend Jeremy has a booth, so I will be there in the afternoon to help him out.

-TJ
  4. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know me. I'll be there.
    For the Sunday after the shindig at our place, Toy Fusion will be having a parking lot sale @ their shop on El Camino Ave.

Myke
  5. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    So yeah, it kind of feels like the group is not doing much these days as a group, and we are about as active as a certain Hutt in Tatooine on a Dias!

So I mentioned to the few of us that were at Myke's for the last get together about making a group trip to SF to visit Lucas Film Ltd at the Presidio. I know a few of us have made the trek there and gotten pics in front of the Yoda fountain, but I think it would be great to do this as a group, especially as a SW group! I know I haven't been there yet, and I would totally be up for this! We could take a couple of pics at the fountain, visit the visitors center, and walk around the gardens, then have lunch in SF as well as tool around SF before heading back to Sac. Maybe we could even meet up with the SF fan force too?

Anyway, was thinking with Comic Con in July, how about planning this for some time in August? I am willing to drive and take some folks with me, and mind you I'm in Chico! So how about it? It seems we have two events out of 12 months, the Carn-evil event at the RMDH in October (which I love doing), and the X-mas party in Dec. Besides, the SVRF binder needs some new group outing pics! '

Ok, so this is where the "officers" need to chime in along with all of the other members to say yea or nea to this idea!

~DZ
  6. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    A trip into SF sounds great to me. August is good, too. We could BART in if we didn't want to drive all the way. I think it sounds like a blast. Maybe early Aug? Throw a date out, DZ!
  7. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I think a trip to SF sounds great and that we should all do this. I too have not been there to see yoda. DZ spitball some days and I think we can arrange it, even if it is just a few of us. We do need some new photos.

Tara and I were also talking about seeing how many people may be interested in a Disney trip to ride the new Star Tours.
  8. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    So I was thinking to keep it consistent with when our normal meeting would occur during the month that the 2nd weekend in Aug, Saturday 8/13 would be ideal. This would probably work best with folks coming back from Comic Con and those that would be starting school again or what not. Otherwise, how about Saturday 8/20?

I think driving into SF would also be the way to go especially to get to the Presidio. I did some research last night and while we could take BART into the the city, in order to get to the Presidio we would need to ride a couple of buses, or take taxis. I would rather spend the gas and be able to drive directly there, but thats open for discussion too!

Viki and I are planning a trip to Disneyland for sometime later this year because I am dying to ride the new Star Tours! It seems every new tidbit about it that comes out makes me even more anxious to go. I feel the pull of Star Tours if you will and I MUST obey! ;)

One other thing I thought we could all do is go as a group to a Rivercats game. We could arrange to get a certain amount of tickets for a game so we could all sit in a specific section, arrange for an announcement or whatnot about the SVRF being there and have fun seeing some minor league baseball that's right in our own backyard! Tickets for Rivercats games are not bad either, and its pretty fun too, very family oriented type setting. Even if you are not into baseball, its a good time to hang out with the group away from Roundtable! Plus, something new that I don't think that the group has done.

All righty then, whats everyone think about the proposed dates for an SF run and maybe catching a Rivercats game?

~DZ
  9. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, August 13th is Star Wars night at the Rivercats! Some of us may be trooping.

San Francisco sounds fun - I missed the last trip down.
  10. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome, what better night for the SVRF to go to a Rivercats game than on SW night!!! I say that is a no brainer for the group, especially since we will have members there in an "official" capacity and fans attending that night are encouraged to dress up as SW characters! We could get some awesome group photos for the binder too! ;)

So with the SW/Rivercats night happening on 8/13 our official meeting day, what about SF on either the first weekend in Aug, 8/6 or the the third weekend in Aug 8/20?! I know it may be ambitious to try and pull off two events in one month, but I think we can do it!

What say you all!?

~DZ
  11. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    So August looks to be a busy month if you're a SW fan!

Saturday Aug 13th is SW night at the Sacramento Rivercats. I will most likely be there with the 501st along with Myke, but it would rock if the group could also be there too! Tina are you going to be there with Rebel Legion? I also want to ask you about your X-Wing costume, thinking about putting one together.

Friday Aug 19th is SW night with the Modesto Nuts minor league baseball team. 501st on hand, and I think Rebel Legion too.

Saturday Aug 20th is ROTJ at the State theater in Modesto, possibly, so far this is pending. 501st on hand if it does go down and I would be there for that one.

I would still like to plan/do a group trip to SF though, so what about the first weekend of Aug, 8/6? If this seems like too much SW fun for one month, then what about doing the the SF trip in Sept since July is Comic Con? I figure Sept would be the last month we could do this since we have so many weddings coming up for our group after that month! ;)

Thoughts?!

~DZ
  12. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep, I should be at the Rivercats game with Rebel Legion. Feel free to ask about the X-wing costume - pm me, facebook me, forcebook me, whatever! :)

Just to make things even more confusing, there's Star Wars Day at the San Francisco Giants on Sunday September 4th.

My highlights got really blonde after Maui so I'm trying to tone them down to dress as Leia for the Star Wars movie tonight. This looked like it would be a fun group event, but I think only Steven and I are down as possibly going. I know Friday nights are probably more of a pain for people. At least the weather is better than earlier in the week!
  13. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry guys, I've been really busy with The League of Proper Villains, we're invading the Fair Oaks Tudor Fayre come Sunday, and then there's like a half dozen events and whatnot I'm doing through August when school starts up again. The good thing about school this fall is that I will get a weekend day off now... but it's Sundays.

Stay Vile, Comrades!... er... I mean, May The Force be With You!

-TJ
  14. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've never been to the Fair Oaks Tudor Fayre - sounds like fun!
  15. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    There's even $2 off coupons at Dimple Records... and there's a dimple up the street from the Fayre! :D
  16. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure if we are having a meeting this weekend or not. If so, unfortunately I wont be able to attend due to some unexpected family business down in So Cal. In any event, I say we all do a group trip to SF to the Presidio on the first weekend in Aug, 8/6 since there are already so many other SW events that month. If thats not a good weekend, then definitely on our meeting weekend in Sept! Show of hands? Aug or Sept? I'll let you all decide at the meeting.

Also, SW night at the Rivercats on 8/13, I know me, Myke (Kimmie too) and Tina will all be there in costume with the 501st/Rebel Legion. It would be great to see the rest of the group attend this one too! I mean we are the Sac Valley Rogues, seems like a no brainer.

Other than that, have fun at Comic Con those that are going. Myke I may need to you to pick me up the Revenge of the Jedi figure pack if thats cool. Will talk to you before you head down for Comic Con to possibly set that up.

Miss seeing my extended SW family, but hopefully we will see a lot of each other with all of the cool SW stuff next month.

Later,
    DZ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.