Art Archive Events, Conventions, Appearances Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    The Fan Art forum has been privilaged recently by visits by professional artists who have actually worked for Lucasfilm and know the ins and outs of the business. They have even taken the time out of their busy schedules to post some of their artwork here on the boards for all of us to see and learn from. But why limit this to the boards?

This thread is designed for the professional artists that frequent the boards to post when they will be appearing at conventions or other notable events so that they can give a heads up to the members.

Special thanks goes to Otis_Frampton for actually coming up with the idea for this thread. :)
  2. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks, HanSolo29!

I also hoped this thread could serve as a way for Fan Art Forum members to plan meetings when they'll be attending the same conventions. I know that a lot of forum members over at T'Bone's Galactic Senate met up during C3, and it would be great if some of us could finally meet face to face once and a while, when possible.

:D

So, I guess I'll start.

I'll be at the San Diego Comic-Con next week, from the Wednesday the 13th (Preview Night) until Sunday the 17th. I'll be signing copies of my comic Oddly Normal (all 4 issues will be available there!) and selling personal sketch cards at the Viper Comics booth (#1949). For information of the location of the booth, go here.

So if you're going to be at the con next week, please stop by and say hello! Thanks!

-Otis
  3. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    I will be at San Diego as well, only I will be in Artist Alley. Row BB table 2. Right next to Tom Hodges...LOL a two for one special;)

You can see list for artist ally by visiting the Artists Allied webiste and follow the link.

See you there!!!
  4. kampilan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Cool, so we got Otis, gatodama, and Tom. This year I couldn't make the whole week so I probably will only be there for that Saturday(bummer)but I hope I get to catch you guys there and say hi!

I think Jan Duursema, Joe Corroney, Sarah Wilkinson, Matt Busch, Dennis Weaver are going to be there. Is Randy going?
  5. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
  6. ArtyEwok LFL Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Hi Guys!

:D

I won't be at SDCC, but I will be camping a table at the Canadian national Expo in Toronto, August 26-28. I'm pegged as a minor guest, so this is extremely exciting :)
  7. Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ArtyEwok - Wow I may have to check that out. I didn't know Toronto held things like this, I checked out the link you posted and it says that even Frodo's gonna be there, they probably got him to help promote the LOTR musical that is opening in T.O. shortly after. I bet Gollum has a lovely singing voice.

Anyways, I'll place my order now so it's ready, I want a signed Tauntaun Jedi sketch-card.;)
  8. ArtyEwok LFL Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Hee! Tauntaun jedi ;)

Yeah, CNX/SFX is huge! I'll be camping the artist alley pretty much all weekend, so come and visit. By the way, I like coke with lime ;) Especially with rum, but I don't think they allow alcohol in the con centre :D
  9. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    Just wanted to let folks know, I will be at Wizard Chicago this weekend. In Exhibition Hall B. I believe the gaming area is in there as well. So please stop by. Also I will be doing a limited number of sketches and my list will be first come first serve. So bring you sketchbooks or sketchpads or I can provide my own Bristol paper. I will also have sketch cards and prints available along.

See you there
  10. ArtyEwok LFL Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Just a reminder that I'll be at SFX in Toronto this weekend at table A72 in the artist's alley. Come on over and say hello to me and my friend Melissa. :) Mel is also a cool artist, so get her to draw ye something too if you have the cash for both of us :D
  11. Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

I'm still kind of new, but thought I would post anyway in case anyone else is going... I'm going to be at the chicagoland entertainment collectors expo this weekend :) I'll have some artwork with me to get signed and that's about it... I'm just another one of the admirers that will be roaming around :)
  12. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    Dallas Sci-Fi Collectors Expo

Still a few weeks out, but it looks like it is going to be a good time.

There is a great guest list from the Star Wars Universe, including Carrie Fisher, Kenny Baker, Peter Meyhew, Bonnie Piesse and Steve Sansweet!!
    I will also be appearing along with fellow Star Wars artist Cynthia Cummens. Along with that line up there is a rather large guest list from sci fi and comics...check it out here Dallas Sci-Fi Expo Brought to you by the guys behind C2 Ventures.
    October 15-16, 2005

Hope to see some of you there...[face_peace]
  13. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    Hodges, Staggs, Cummens & Gould @ Wizard World Texas This Weekend
    StarWars.com artist Tom Hodges will be a featured guest at Wizard World Texas (Nov. 4-6), and Star Wars artists Cat Staggs, Cynthia Cummens & Grant Gould will be attending Artists Alley. Click here for more info!
    See you there!!![face_dancing]

14. latetowork Jedi Youngling

It sounds like it is going to be hopping!!
  15. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.