main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Events for December

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ancient_Guardian, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    ok, i remeber reading some things in the Events for Nov. that some stuff was going to happen this month, so i was woundering what do we have planned this month?

2. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I was talking with Strawbary the other day and she was talking about having a meeting on the 20th. We will also be meeting some of the Albany group that day.

Does anyone else have any info on this?

3. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    Ahhhh where would this meeting be???...

i mean do we like have a meeting place?

4. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    She told me and I told my family that it was happening, but got no other news about it. Sorry.

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, NarundiJedi from Albany here. :) I can let you know what we figured was going to happen on the 20th. I thought we were meeting at Carousel Mall to see Return of the King. Not sure what time, but probably for one of the evening showings. We could also probably do afternoon since it's a Saturday and our group has the day off from work.

It also happens to be our third meeting, which will make us official! :D So I hope you all can be there to celebrate with us! :)

Jae Angel

6. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    hey, i have a qestion, are we meeting the albany group? i read their bord, and if their driving to CCenter, and watching LOTR ROTK, and then going back!, that about a 10 hour round trip...so i think we sould make every efert to meet them, so do whe have a time, or any thing they sead on the other post it was the 20th, and at what time are we even going, some one help me out, bcause i really need to let my parents know, to see if i can go!

Help, duse any one have anwsers!!!

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    We were talking about seeing the movie around 8pm or so. Hopefully there's a showing then. I'm not sure what the weekend movie times would be, but something around then. If anybody knows anything about movie times as it gets closer to Saturday, please PM me or come and post on our board. :)

Jae Angel

8. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    ok so it looks like we will be meating the albany group at 7:00..is that good fore you guys...any one going?

9. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm working out the details for the Sherrill group to be there. As it stands now, I believe Arjuna has to work until 7:00, but perhaps he can ask for an hour off. Otherwise, probably 8:00 is the EARLIEST we'd be able to get there. I would like to make it though. Will post updates later as the week progresses.

10. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    I'll do my best to come and say hi. it basicly relies on my parents though....XD

11. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    hey, if Arjuna cant make it then i can talk to the Albany group and try and change the time!..so let me know if he will be abule too?

12. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    If it's after 8:00- preferably closer to 8:30- then I should be able to make it.

13. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I am afraid I will not be there on SAturday to meet up with the Albany Chapter. I have to work and I will not get out untill 2am Sunday.....Bummer!!!

Hopefully next time.

Ian

14. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    *crawls out from under a pile of research materials* I'll meet up w/ the Albany folks when they come to town. We should definatly get together for a pre-movie dinner.

-K

15. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    sould i ask them to plan on seeing the move at 8:15( showing closest to 8)

16. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    The Sherrill contingent won't be able to go to any pre-movie dinner or anything. However, if the movie is at 8:15 (is that confirmed?) then at least 3 of us will go to the movie and if the Albany group stays around a bit afterwards, we could go for a snack or something afterwards. As I said, AT LEAST 3 of the Sherrill contingent will go to the movie if it is 8:15 or later. We are checking with 2 others, although I would suspect the most we will be bringing is 4.

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Hey all Derek from Albany here; 8:15 is fine waiting an hour won't hurt us too badly ;) besides we would wind up waiting an hour in line so this lets us have our dinner meeting last a bit longer. We should get there between 3-4 depending on when we leave Albany; if anyone can join us for dinner please do! We'll decide where we eat when we get there :D

18. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    I look forward to meeting all of you. It appears that the Sherrill contingent will arrive at the theatre at roughly 8:00. It also appears that there will be 4 of us arriving, myself, Raef Wolfe, Darth Arjuna, and Darth Vishnu.

19. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Make sure you get your tickets early! :D
    I'll be wearing my Star Wars Christmas shirt so you can find us...we'll be sure to save some seats for you guys since you're showing up 15 min before the movie ;)

20. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    one of my friends and I are going to try to come for the movie. if we do come, look for a gray trenchcoat, that'll be me. i hope to see ya'll there if I can

21. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Look for two classic geeks, an old geek, and a punky geek.

That would be us ;D

22. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    look for a person wearing a blue hudie that has liverpool cross country on it.

23. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Great movie!

Weird way things turned out. It was the four of us from sherril, plus Ancient Guardian, and that was the Syracuse group. 3 (?) people from Albany showed.

Wasn't there supposed to be like 2-4 more people from the Syracuse area?

24. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    Sory, but i couldnt come. there was a problem in sorting out the transportation so i ended up not being able to go. I hope you all had fun ^_^

25. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    I don't want to give any spoilers, so I won't go into detail, but the thing I liked about the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy is that they remained true to the story, but not true to the books. Tough thing to do, but well done by them. If anyone who has read the books and seen the movies isn't sure what I'm talking about, think about Arwen's part in the books vs her part in the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.