main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Events for June

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Unless you've been under a rock you know we're doing Disneyland June 25.

http://www.disneylandstarwars.com/

Chime in if you are going and we'll figure out if we want to meet up somewhere during the day (other than at the photo op). We can have a meeting in line for Space Mountain, it might be open then, who knows. Everyone who's feet hurt raise their hands...

And that pretty much wraps up June, unless someone has other ideas...

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm going! Let's meet up!

- Kai

3. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I hate being responsible. :(

I am here to VERY sadly announce that I am not going to Disneyland this weekend. I've really wanted NOT to write this post, but over the past two weeks I have learned first that my work has run into financial trouble. Because of that, it was announced that none of us were getting raises, and we were going to have to pay $100/month into medical which we hadn't had to do before. So, I've suddenly had a decrease in salary.

I still thought I could justify Disneyland at that point, although I was feeling quivers of unease since it followed so close before Comic-Con.

Well, Thursday of last week, my boss came in and told me that my hours were ALSO being cut, on top of the aforementioned financial woes (the hours of most of us who work full-time at my agency are being similarly slashed, so at least it wasn't just me...misery loves company). So, in short...I'm screwed. And I took all weekend trying to justify the expense of Disneyland, and budgeting, and finally decided...dang it, it's just plain irresponsible of me to go, under the circumstances. Crap.

I am doing Comic-Con, without a doubt...I have my membership, hotel, and am part of a masquerade entry. So hopefully I can see many of you there? Hopefully? Please? Yes?

Have a fantastic time in the Mouse's kingdom...and know that it is very VERY reluctantly that I renege on my arrangements. :(

*HUGS*

- Kai, Bummed but Doin' the Right Thang

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OH Kai, I am so sorry.. I know how much you were looking forward to this (and how much we were looking forward to having you with us). But, being in and around your type of work, I know how fast financial things can change on their fronts. <<hugs>> I am proud of you for being responsible..but it sucks big time, no matter what.!

I getting some major requests to be at ComicCon as Kenobi. I'm going to be staying with friends, and thanks to those from your group I met up with and some others, will have a place to do makeup, touch up and those other things that make being Jedi so much fun. I don't know if Im going to be there on Sat though..have a family member that chose that one particular day of the entire year to get married on, and since I absolutely adore her, I will be attending the wedding. So, dang it I want to see you in the masquarade.

The only thing that will keep me from being down there is if they schedule my knee surgery at that time. (Afterwards is ok, I can deal with it). Not sure when the surgery will take place as my insurance is being a bugger to work with, due to how the injury took place, who or what should be financially/insurance responsible, etc. I hate beauracracy. Opps, enough about me..I send you hugs and know that you are missed. Since you were holding on to the One Ring for me while I was at CIII last year..anything special that you want me to do at Disneyland for you? And any special time? Let me know and you've got it.

Missing you already..

Kenobi

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

Yeah, we're so not going to get any sleep. ;)

Kai, that sucks you can't come to D-land. You'll be there in spirit!

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sleep..we don't need no stinking sleep! :)

7. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Have fun Kiddies. I'll be in SF for Pride weekend.

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Will be thinking of you IG- Have a great time! :)

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't think you've all gotten back yet, but it was great seeing you guys!!! Kim, Jess got a great shot of you and me. :D

Oh! And they guy gave me a weird look too when I wrote down that I wanted a pin that says Miana.

So, we're Czechoslovakian, eh? ;)

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just adding to your collection...

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/legomania3/SW%20Disneyland/P6260152.jpg]

(You guys still win for creativity, though) ;)

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    And AWWWW!!!!!!!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/jess_squared/Unofficial%20SW%20Day%20at%20DL/SWDayatDL-05.jpg]

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Great pic! You both look like you're having a blast!!!! :)

Hey Kim, I think that's the only time I've "seen" you without the beard! LOL! I literally didn't know what you looked like out of "Kenobi."

Oh wait...I lie. I saw you last year on Sunday at Baycon in your civvies. I stand corrected. But still... :)

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Kim! I almost didn't recognize you without the beard and robes. I've never seen you without them. ;)
    Looks like you guys had so much fun. Maybe next time I'll get to go!

14. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    We had a blast at Disneyland. You can rest assured that the Galactic Empire tax dollars were well-used.

Most of the Star Wars people were a lot of fun, too bad one or two were too ignorant to understand the "no costumes" request made by the event organizers. Apparently they didn't know it was against Disney rules as well. And what did that old man color his hair with, mustard?

And what was with the t-shirts displaying a euphemism for masturbation? (And by the way, Wookiee is spelled with TWO "e's" on the end).

Despite the inevitable idiots, it was a great time. I look forward to attending next year, when I hope we can have an even larger group.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kim, you need one of these now:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/P6270002.jpg]

16. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Kanoli? Isn't it spelled canoli?

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.