main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Events for November

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    OK I thought I 2would start another thread for the forthcoming month.

I think that we discused having a food drive at Sherel (SP?) if we are we better start getting it organised and start putting out fliers and stuff for it. The sooner we get it atarted the better. I believe that the Sherel clan were going to organise that one at probably walmart. Is that right?

I also beleive that we have an outstanding arangment with Walmart at Syracuse to do one there as well. If so I think we should start to organise that one as well. I want to try and get as many people to these as we can.

Any questions or comments PM me or post here.

Ian

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Andy was going to talk to P&C for the food drive.
    Walmart is Dec for the Toys for Tots ;)

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sherrill ;) Alright, we'll aim for the tail end of the month. Doy uo guys still want to do Caring for Children, which is cash donations only, or do you want to use a different charity for a food drive? In my opinion, Caring for Children is easier to set up, but I'll await input.

4. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    ok, i will go to what ever you guys set up, gust give me a place and time and i will go, but i will nead to now like a week ahead to talk it over with my mom

5. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    As an FYI, I promise not to flash the customers this time. Of course that will probably hurt donations, but...oh well. (shrugs)

6. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Oh come one!!! You have to flash them. It's now a tradition.

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Let me provide the "targets" for you. You see, there's a couple people that really annoy us cashiers...

E1PPM

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    It would be better if we did a food drive however if all they take is cash then thats fine. U may want to aim for an event BEFORE Thanksgiving so it helps benefit the charity. (thats the whole purpose this month ;) )
    I know I am unavailable the last week in Nov, however if its a better time for everyone then keep the date. :)

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    any word on this? :)

10. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I asked, and it's a "probably not". With a lot of P&C's closing, we'll now be the closest one for 30 minutes. Oneida and Rome are both closing their stores. We're also getting new managements- both manager and assistant manager. That should be sometime in December, so P&C isn't a viable option for that month either. Things should be back to normal come January (albeit a few more customers).

11. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Isn't there still one to do for Walmart in Syracuse?

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes we have a Toys for Tots to do in DEC at Walmart. Any specific dates that are a no no for them?

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I would prefer a Sunday. That way I can stay for the whole event.

14. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    I out for the last 2 weekends in Dec. other than that, i'm free unless my parents plan something without me knowing.

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im thinking 1st weekend in dec sound ok?
    Also are we going to have another xmas party this year? Last years was alot of fun...... :)

16. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    As far as I know first weekend in Dec probably works. I'm up for a party, but admittedly I'm not much of a planner.

P.S.: Maybe the scrolling greeting should now be changed to read Happy Holidays instead of Happy Halloween.

17. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hmm...it might not work out for me unless its sometime sunday afternoon...i dont know, its sorta dependent on the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.