Syra, NY Events for october

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Vishnu, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vishnu Jedi Master

star 1
    Ok, I though I would make this new board so you all knew I was still here and alive. Ok, anyways I belive Andrew and Vicky were talking about having a meeting at P&C . Now I think this would be awesome, We could have a raffle and set up a both like thingy to take pics ...I mean ....well you get the point hehe. KK, well post on this topic here:
    ------> [..........] <------

Thanks!
    Nate ( Vishnu )

EDIT: Took out some comments and location for now.
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Nate,
    I changed the title of the thread. For one, we arent meeting on halloween. Some in our group already have plans for that day. ;)

This event was merely discussed and not official yet.
    Since its out in the open we need to discuss a few dates for Oct.
    These dates were already discussed at the meeting in Aug however Andy wants to add a new one which would be a fun idea if we can pull it off in time. :)

For one, the Halloween Bingo for the 17th has been CANCELLED.
    We still have the Video Store Event on Saturday the 18th. That one is a Halloween Promo and basically handing out goodie bags to children and photo ops.

Now if we can squeeze a date in between for a charity event at P&C everyone please post which dates are best.
    Best date I can figure is the 25th which is a saturday. ????
    If that works for everyone then we need to jump on it now since there is alot of planning to do for this. This event would be just like the Food drive we did at Altered States last June........so we will need volunteers galore this time for face painting,costumed help and crowd control...

So who's up for it? :) :)

And if our schedules arent busy enough......... ;) are we planning on having a Halloween party this year?

REMINDER: we will have a meeting after the event on the 18th to go over the food drive in NOV.........

thats all for now :)

3. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's the 25th, that'd be tight for me. I've got the annual 'rake and run' to do for my church (it counts towards confirmation credit) so I really want to/should be there for it.

How about the saturday after?

As for a halloween party, I'm all for it if the rest of you are :)
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The saturday after is the day after Halloween and I know some were trying to attend the Halloween parade in NYC and will be away for the weekend. Not to mention the further along in oct we get the chances for bad weather increase.
    I think Andy also stated that the manager at P&C would like it before Halloween.....

5. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He suggested that, since we'd be in costume, it'd make more sense to hve it beforehand. I go to work in an hour, Vicky, and I'll talk to him about those questions you asked me.
  6. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh. Poop :'(

Well, I s'pose...hmm...what time is it? The Rake n Run shouldn't last more than about 2 hours and it's in the middle of the day.
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    not realy sure what time it would be since its still in the planning stages. That would be up to the manager at P&C really.......Andy can you find out if he had a time frame we can work with?

for the event on the 18th we only need about 3 or 4 people........any volunteers for that so far? It would be anywhere from 11-4 in that time block......some can come for an hour or 2...or rotate shifts........
  8. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I might be able to make it for an hour or two but, it will have to be at the begining. I think I will be working from about 5pm so I will have to make it back to Bingamhell.

It will be nice to get back into costume again. It's been too long. :)
  9. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not really involved in the organizing of it, but since no one else has said anything and its getting close, I thought I would post this:

The charity event at P & C in Sherrill may be this Saturday, 10/11, from 4:00-6:00. Its not finalized yet, but it looks like it could be. For more info, please bug Darth Arjuna. I hope we get a real strong showing from the Sherrill/Oneida area contingent.

P.S.: If I am correct that it will probably be Saturday, PLEASE POST MORE INFO ARJUNA. Maybe we can get a few more people there that way.
  10. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What do you mean, "Please bug Darth Arjuna"?

Yep, the event is for this Saturday the 11th. Short notice? Yeah, but I heard it was convenient for most of you. Flyers are already up in the store. I tried calling strawbary yesterday, but she didn't answer or call back; neither did she reply to my IMs. The only thing I need to know- and I need this before 4:00, when I go to work- is what kind of Poloroid film we need. What kind of camera, so my boss can get the right kind.
  11. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I will be there on the 11th. All I need is some directions
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Andy,
    I was online for 8 hrs yesterday never saw you on.....my phone never rang ;)
    sooooo............

At any rate.......and the reason it was never posted is because it was just finalised YESTERDAY.
    calm down everyone LOL...........

I will PM andy about the camera today. I have one here.
    We seem to be all set.
    Karl already said he could go..
    Ian is going
    I am going.....
    and the sherrill clan will be there so we seem to have a good size crowd.

Andy you just need to put flyers up on the doors tonight after school. Email me a copy when u get a chance :)

Everything wil be fine we have everything we need :)
    I recommend everyone show up around 3:00 - 3:15 to set up.

Andy please post the directions on our Yahoo board only :)
    See ya then!
  13. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As I said many times, Yahoo groups won't work for me. I don't know why, but it won't associate my "projectapocalypse2666" Yahoo login with my Hotmail e-mail. So, to go around that, I'll PM you three.

Flyers are already up. I never got a PM from you about the camera/film, strawbary... might want to check that you sent it to the right person. And I was on MSN- my nickname was "Boter | My name is better than your name.", so you might have missed me.
  14. Darth_Vishnu Jedi Master

star 1
    I'll be there!!! Andy and my self got some one whos intrested. She is working 3-7 so she will be there....a little.... I have to work 11-3 so ill get out run home( I really mean run.. I live real, real close) get my stuff, changer and be to P & C at 3:30ish. Can't wait !!! heh
  15. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    My first thought:

Oh, this is wicked cool, something in Sherrill!!!!!!

My second thought:

Oh my god no, something in Sherrill, I'm gunna be a geek in my hometown.....ahhh!

:p

Can't wait to see you later :) If anyone has some extra lightsabers, bring them along, cause dad and I don't have one and the saber is what clues people in that we're star wars geeks and not just geeks ;)
  16. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Your brother has one of mine. Tell him to bring it along. I will also bring my lightsaber and my double saber. I also have extra clips so I will bring those with me as well.

And don't worry about being a geek. I had to leave my country because of my geekdom. LOL :)
  17. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't worry... I had to leave my country...

A bit of a contradiction there ;)

Just got back from my SATs, I'll be eating and helping a little around the house then head out to P&C around 2:30 to get the table and backdrop set up.

Yep, I do have your hilt. I also have three extra (plastic) ones if anyone needs them ;)
  18. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a great load of fun today :D It's too bad Ian couldn't be there for the dinner :( We chatted about a lot of old shows and about movies and such.

I'd like to do it aain sometime...seeing as though we know how to work a camera ;)

I'm actually surprised we didn't run out of film!!!
  19. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Rmeember what Arjuna said about Yahoogroups?

Yahoogroups is delayed about...oh, say three days OR MORE with hotmail. I have two roleplaying games and both I will have to quit because I am THREE DAYS behind!
  20. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I would also like to thank everyone for turning up today to support this event. Everyone costumes are coming along great. I'm really looking forward to next week and then trying to get more members in the club.

I wish I could of joined you for dinner but it took me 2 hours to get home because I got lost. (Where was the force when I needed it today.) But I had to get back to walk the dogs. They had been shut in the bedroom for 9 hours and they needed to go real bad.

Great job today everyone.
  21. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, we were at dinner for two hours :D Mainly jsut talking... I have to get that picture that I took outside the place and add "cantina" and make a photojournal ;) Or something...
  22. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    OK so who is going to be able to make this coming weekend?

Can someone please post directions on Yahoo or PM me. I have no idea where it is.
  23. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a quick note to let you know the Sherrill clan won't be attending this weekend's event. The following week is still possible though.
  24. DarkjediAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey there. I'm new and i have no idea about the upcoming events. could someone give me the directions and i'll see if I can come to them.

DJA
  25. Darth_Vishnu Jedi Master

star 1
    Im sorry to say but I won't be able to make it... Hope you all have fun and " May the Force Be With You!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.