main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Events ideas - UPDATE AUG 29TH!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Okay, locokarma has been digging around, and found some events that he thinks are interesting. We need input on these. If you are interested, you need to let me know so I can get to work on it. If you don't feel comfortable posting, PM me. One thing to note is that several of these are on the 7th or 8th of October, and the Susan Kohman race for the cure is also in that timeframe, the 9th I think. Since I already have interested parties in that event, it is a definite go as of now.

COMMUNITY FEST 2006 / Little Rock
    COMMUNITY FEST 2006 ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 19, 2006.

Details:
    Free food, school supplies, games, seminars, space walk, health fair, liturgical dance,gospel rap and much more fun.

Event Date Sat 8/19/06
    Start Time 9:00 a.m., - 2.00 p.
    Location Little Rock
    Cost -0-

WorldFest is an annual international and multi-cultural festival held in MacArthur Park.

The festival was created to embrace Little Rock's different cultures and ethnicities while educating students and citizens about global cultures. WorldFest recently received the National League of Cities Cultural Diversity 1st place award for 2006.

Festival highlights on both days will include international food, youth-geared fun, and non-stop, music and entertainment.

Day One will feature school groups sharing their cultural displays and competing for prizes. Day Two will highlight our communityâ??s diversity, cultural heritage, resources and programs. We anticipate over 10,000 festival-goers to participate in this yearâ??s event.

Details:
    All activities, games, and entertainment are free but there will also be vendors on site providing tastes of the world.

Event Date Fri 9/15/06 - Sat 9/16/06
    Start Time 15th 9-3, 16th 9-9
    Location MacArthur Park
    Cost Free

Timberfest in Sheridan
    Lots of fun. Gospel Show, Dutch Oven Cookoff Event, Parade, Street Dance, FOOD AND MORE FOOD, and lots of arts and crafts booths. MANY MORE THINGS AS WELL

Event Date Fri 10/6/06 - Sat 10/7/06
    Start Time Friday and Sat
    Location Sheridan Court House Square
    Cost FREE NO ADMISSION

Wing Ding Festival
    The festival is set for Saturday, Oct. 7 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Dupree Park. Last year over 20,000 people from all over Central Arkansas came out to enjoy the dayâ??s events, so you do not want to miss this excellent opportunity to network with people in this area. Commercial, craft, and non-profit vendors are all encouraged to get involved.
    The Wing Ding Festival will feature old favorites like the World Championship Chicken Wing Cook Off, Fishing Derby, Paddleboats and Glider Wars. There will be entertainment for all ages on the Main Stage. The Jacksonville Junior Auxiliary will have all day activities in the Children's Tent, which will also include a Morgan Nick Photo ID booth. You can also enjoy a rock climbing wall, a moonwalk and other amusements.
    The Jacksonville Wing Ding committee is also seeking volunteers to help out on the day of the festival. If you are interested in earning some service hours or merely lending a hand, please contact the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce.
    For more information on how you can get involved in the 2005 Jacksonville Wing Ding Festival, please call 982-1511 or visit our website at www.jacksonville-arkansas.com.
    Event Date Sat 10/7/06
    Start Time 9am-6pm
    Location Dupree Park, Jacksonville, AR
    Cost FREE

LASTLY, WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE AT A BOOKSTORE ON THE 29TH FOR THE RELEASE OF A NEW STAR WARS BOOK. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, LET ME KNOW. (IT'S DURING THE WEEK, I BELIEVE A TUESDAY).

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    What book? What 29th? August? What bookstore?

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Also Henry (yes it's ShadowScout under Nyborgs name again) wants to know if we have anything planned anywhere(Hastings, Wal-Mart, or ?????) for Sept. 12, the release of the Original Trilogy unaltered.

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We definitely need to plan something for that. I didn't realize it was sooo sooooooon!

And BSG 2.5 comes out the next week! (I want to make a BSG pilot costume)

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Bump. (I posted in a lot of less important threads, so I thought I would push this one back up to the top)

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004

7. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Why are you complaining about more than one event in a day? July 29th was just one event per day, but I don't recall seeing you there.

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    It's the next book after Betrayal. Not sure what the name is. 29th of August. Barnes and Noble in West little Rock from about 5 pm to 7 pm.

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    The really want a Boba Fett for this...since he's on the cover?

But, any are welcome.

This is an in-costume event. (For clarification.)

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    :p

I'm not complaining about having more than one event in a day, but I am wondering if it is a good idea. The thread asked for input. I was adding my 2 cents.

11. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    yea, bloodlines, jacen is a sith and boba fett is on the hunt for han...

too bad i dont have josh's costume ready. but it will take me at least six months if not more.

12. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    More updates from locokarma:

The date has been confirmed for Tuesday, August 29th, from
    5:00pm- 7:00 pm @ the Barnes and Noble, in West Little Rock-

This is the one by Toys R Us and Cingular.

We're looking at probably having just a handfull (maybe 5 at the most)- since it's not a big bookstore.

Please post who can go... as the lady with Del Rey Books in NY wanted to know. Thanks.

Marked as an open event right now... this will be at the Chili's restaurant in NLR... for a few hours outside. The event will be for a charity drive
    for St. Jude's in Memphis. The idea is to have us outside, near the main entrance, taking money donations. John Griffin (501st member)- will have a friend of his make banners with our respective groups names on them while we are out there. And... there will be a chance that the media will be there as well. Right now, the times are not set but I will post them ASAP. This is billed as a huge event, that will go all thru September- with an event scheduled in Conway as well.

Stars, Cars and More car show and dinner/movie.

The benefit dinner has been set back and will now be a world premiere for John Schneider's new movie- there is a request for a few Stormtroopers to man the front door/foyer area for "security".

However, the main event is Saturday at the car show. The time we're needed is from 12:00 noon to about 4:00 ish (the car show is from
    9:00 am to 5:00 pm)

TKs and Jedi needed for the kids area.

Even tho this will be tagged as a "501st" event, all members of Arkansith or 327th are encouraged to come out as well.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT LOCOKARMA HAS A SEPERATE ARKANSITH WEBSITE WHERE HE TOSSES THESE IDEAS AROUND. TRY TO CHECK THAT SITE ON A REGULAR BASIS. http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=arkansith

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I would like to participate in the book thing and the Stars and Cars.

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I've already let Tracy know, but I'll be at the Barnes and Noble thing.

Unsure about the Cars event...Depends on if my costume still fits..hee hee hee.

15. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    well i have an event up here in fayetteville Sept 12th so far Best buy :)

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Barnes and Noble a go for me as well as the Stars and Cars event :)

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So, how you gettin' there?

Hitchin'?

:D

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    WOW! WE'RE BIG-TIME! JUST FOUND THIS IN THE CALENDAR IN MY MY STARWARS.COM DELTA SOURCE (email)

Jaira: Suggestion: If this is going to be the thread for events that don't get their own threads, how bouts you change it so it reads something like Events thread: Barnes & Noble August 29!!!

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It has it's own thingy now.

This is just an update of upcomings...then they get their own page.

If you're coming...let me know.

20. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    josh is bugging the crap out of me for a boba fett outfit. i told him to wait, we are looking at 6 months if i get some time. sept is looking bad for me.

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    From loco, regarding the September 23rd event at Chili's:

John Griffin, member of the 501st, has been generous to help set up media coverage (local Conway paper)- and has had a friend make a huge 6x8 banner... so he is expecting a lot of coverage. If at all possible, he would like us to be there by 4:00 pm if we can.... so we can get the layout and what we need to do. The event starts at 5:00pm.
    Once it is done, expect an extra special thing for us.

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Great! I'm looking forward to it!

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I know it's the same day as the Chili's thing, but did we ever consider Kid's Fest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.