Chatt, TN Events planned for "The Premier"!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Here's what we're looking at so far:

The midnight premier! We plan on lining up sometime that day. No particular time yet. I know most (if not all) have already got tickets, but this is a tradition and why stop now? We're going to try and have music and/or movies playing for those of us in line while we wait.

Star Wars Miniature Battles (the game)

The Dragon Caves will help out by supplying booster packs to sell. I think we're looking at instead of running an actual tournament (unless someone wants to tackle that), we will just have "demos". A couple of people come up, buy a couple boosters, and they play against each other. We will give out comics as prizes (that The Dragon Caves are supplying). This we plan to run Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Attacktix

This is still tentative. We would like to demo this as well, but we're looking for a place that would be willing to either sell us a case wholesale (in which we would resell them there) OR have a place let us sell them (for them) on consignment. This would be a fun thing for kids to do, so I'm hoping we can do this.

Video Gaming Tournament

Best Buy is our sponsor in this. By "this", I mean either an X-Box or PS2 system will be set up to run games on one of the Rave's smaller theater screens. We will charge $2.00 a person to play the Episode III game (the dueling part of it) and the winner of a best of 5 rounds would be invited back Saturday for the Championship rounds. This would also run Thursday, Friday and the Championship on Saturday from 12:00 to 2:00pm (or longer if we have lots of people playing (and winning) the previous 2 days. We should also have this rigged up for the actual premier at midnight, so we might have some playing then as well. On Saturday, the winners would draw numbers and be placed into a bracket and play a best of 3 elimination round until a winner is decided. Prizes will be awarded for the winner (and maybe 2nd place if we can secure some more stuff to give away).

Costume Contest

This will happen around 2:00pm on Saturday... Maybe a little later in case the video gaming thing runs long...? Anyway, this will be a Saturday ONLY event. The Rave will furnish a red carpet for contestants to do the whole "catwalk" thing. We will also have a microphone. This is open to all non-members. We're planning to have a kids and adults category with prizes for the wiiners.

These events will mainly run in the afternoon, so we would love to see everyone there!
  2. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    An update as things get ever closer to "the day"...

Everything is still a go for the events we have lined up. The only thing we've had to alter is the Video Game Tournament. The ruling has come from on high (meaning LucasFilm) that no Star Wars related anything can be shown on theater screens while Episode III is playing. They probably wern't thinking of video games, but so it is. We'll still have the tournament either on a TV or by wall-projection.

Tenatative times are 10am - 7pm on Thursday and Friday. 10am-2pm on Saturday with the Costume Contest closing it out at 2:00pm.

Look in this Sunday's Chattanooga Times-Free Press for an article about Episode III. Some of us were interviewed for this. They also had a photogrpaher out to take pictures of us (in costume) during "free comic book day" at The Dragon Caves. The events and times should be listed there as well.
  3. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Check out the Thread -
    May 2005 Meeting - Rave Premiere
    for more details!
  4. spurro_kolhart Jedi Padawan

hey guys, havent posted in a while, been busy with work, im going to the 7:30 movie at the rave on thursday, my whole family has decided to dress up for it. hope to see some of you there and finally meet you guys
    spurro
  5. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    We will be the guys in costume :)

haha

Make sure you look for us - we should have a rally point somewhere -
    I'll be in my Mandalorian Armor - most of the time...

Or my Dark Jedi costume...

Look forward to seeing you all - and come back SATURDAY for the COSTUME contest!!!!
  6. spurro_kolhart Jedi Padawan

hey just saw the flyer for the premier, wife picked one up at beauty and the beast in red bank. they said a lot of people have been talking about this. must be going to have a big turn out
  7. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    All I can say is... WOW! What a night! We had a great turnout! I'm still reeling from it all. We had the Episode III game projected on the wall out front (although it never quite got dark enough to be a perfect image). We also had the Star Wars minis and Attacktix set up and met soooo many people. There was also a huge turnout as far as people in costume! I just hope they all come back Saturday at 2:00 for the contest! Anyway... way too much in my head this early. More later....
  8. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting new faces. Awesoem movie! I have to see it again a few times to take everything in!

It was a great night all around.
  9. spurro_kolhart Jedi Padawan

hey guys had a lot of fun meeting you guys tonight, loved the costumes.my daughter loved being leia. the movie was great, you guys were great. i look forward to seeing you again
  10. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    I must miss everything . .

I hope I got to meet you - I tend to become my character and forget to "promote or force schmooze" when I'm in character... Hopefully I did say "Hi at some point"?

We look forward to seeing you more - and hope you can bring your daughter back for the costume contest.
  11. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    What a great event!

Thanks to the numerous members that "pitched in" and gave the extra effort to make this a success.

I know I shouldn't but I will thank the major supporters and people who made the event awesome:

VESPER/Jeff - LORD JOHN and His Sis SARA - Nate - Jedi-Sha/Nat - Yogola/Darrick - and of course Sarka/Jody who got the ball rolling and helped pull me into a great group!
    There are others I missed - and your support is what helped make this event awesome too... but the above group stuck through (I believe) every day and NIGHT!

I apologize for not being there more, but after 4-6 hours of being Jango each night - It literally wore me out!
    I have realized I'm getting OLD!

Credit needs to go to all of you - for a job well done!
    Thanks for pulling off a special event that I'm sure most people will remember for a long time... (In a galaxy far far away...)

In case you have not seen my pics! Here we go:
    Star Wars Premiere Photos
  12. spurro_kolhart Jedi Padawan

hey guy the costume contest was great, my daughter loved it, she talked all night about jango giving her the trophy. im really looking forward to seeing you all again,
  13. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was OUR pleasure!

And mine too!

She was awesome - and I hope you saw the 11pm news on Channel 9 - she was great!!!!

I hope you got the pictures also? If not you can check out the link above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.